New car detail

Raiden

Reaction score
Nothing special but my niece is ordering a new Hyundai i110 this weekend and I said I’ll protect it and not to both with there’s.

I’ve never bought a new car before but I’ve heard people say tell the dealer to leave all the stickers on and peel them off yourself? Is that a pain and worth leaving them on?

Any light marks I can polish out myself but wondering how to go about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing special but my niece is ordering a new Hyundai i110 this weekend and I said I’ll protect it and not to both with there’s.

I’ve never bought a new car before but I’ve heard people say tell the dealer to leave all the stickers on and peel them off yourself? Is that a pain and worth leaving them on?

Any light marks I can polish out myself but wondering how to go about it

If you can get them to do the PDI but leave the film on, less work
For you. Easy enough to peel off when you are decon’ing. But also not the end of the world if taken off, as you will be likely single staging it ahead of coating, but the less correction needed the better. As a minimum would ask them not to wash

Reactions: Raiden
Always ask them not to wash and prep the paint. Found in the past that a lot of dealers, whether new or used car, slap on some shiny waxy crap on the car and it’s not great. Some feels almost oily and can be a pain to wash off.

Reactions: Raiden
I never let them PDI. On delivery, its a great time to have it detailed and coated or detailed and wrapped. I drive it over with all the white film and have them remove it.I usually do the first detail and the protective layer by professionals.