New car, New RS3 (8V) or give my current baby a wee treat?!?!

elton121272

Reaction score
Absolutely love my RS3, but as we have been approaching our third anniversary, I have been considering trading her in for a younger model :)

I've looked and tested a few alternatives with similar offerings from merc, VW & bmw but to be honest I was still smitten with what I had so I have decided another brand at the moment isn't for me and wouldn't tick all the boxes to give me the long term satisfaction and practicality I need with a young family, etc.

The 8V is becoming more and more appealing and if the sedan version was an option I would have signed up by now. I'm also a big buckets fan, so at the very least I will need to wait a bit longer to get my right spec and by then I will have had a chance to test drive too, so given that wait and then the build time from order time I recon I'm looking at a MY16 plate which is practically a year away...arrgghh!

Last week was MOT and TAX time, so I decided to give her a wee anniversary treat and got my one slightly scuffed alloy refurb'd to have 4 like new again. At the same time she has 4 recently new MPSS. I also replaced drivers headlamp as the current one had a crack from a motorway stone chip and would have been needed for MOT anyway, otherwise she passed with flying colours.

To top that off she's just had a full detail inside and out and looks like new.

So as I'm now out of warranty I have committed to the first serious performance mod. I looked at hundreds of threads and have taken advice on all the top 'mappers' and their warranty cover and have finally bitten the bullet and signed up for my baby to get some botox in the form of MTM Stage 1.

She's booked in for Monday and I should have her back by the end of next week.

Performance stats and graphs look good at 410ps (assuming she is currently standard at 340ps) and should help keep our relationship as strong as ever. The only other mod I have already done is the cat bypass mod which shouldn't make much of a difference I would have thought, although acoustically its one of the best mods I done in proportion to price!

Anyway, will keep you all posted on next week's treat.

Cheers,
E

Reactions: Sandra
New rs3 8v now that's a treat :)u will enjoy the map that's for sure ..

I'm in the same boat.....
Been looking around but nothing floats the boat shall we say...
I think part of it for me is the 5 cylinder engine, absolutely fantastic piece of machinery
I was going to order the 8V however I want to see it and drive it before jumping in.

(Unrelated to the thread, but your avatar reminded me to buy They Live! which has just released on iTunes :))

Believe you me I spend a small fortune on cinema/ digital /blue ray
However could never find They live anywhere for ages

Indeed. I was talking about it with a friend a little while back and couldn't get it at the time. Then I saw it was coming to iTunes, so decided to pick it up.

Got this a while back:
aef07bb4b3ca702e38aebba7404eeca9_zpsblvan0oo.jpg

Dropped her off this morning for Stage 1 and also to upgrade the propshaft bolts to MTM ones too.

She should be ready for Thurs/Fri in time for the bank holiday weekend

Reactions: L1ARR