New Car On Order - The count down begins.

I have covered 900 enjoyable miles in mine since taking delivery. I haven't yet tried Sport mode with the drive select and gearbox settings as it's early days still and in comfort mode I can feel that the engine is straining at the leash. The long term memory on the DIS shows 37-odd mpg which tallies with the figures I've got from brim to brim calculations. The sales guy warned me not to expect too impressive economy while the engine is bedding down. That might have been sales patter, but we'll see. Once I start using sport mode I expect the consumption to worsen - but the fun factor to increase!

Reactions: Rob_F and Sandra
I put some crude delivery photos in the photo thread, but I haven't had chance to detail and protect the car yet, that is this weekends job. So i'll get some better pictures then!

I can't comment on the economy unfortunately tho I've been.... enjoying the performance of the car instead at the moment :racer:. and the majority of my trips are 3 miles to work so that's not helping either.

Currently trip computer says 32.4mpg on long term memory, but need to fill it up this weekend and will then start calculating it with Fuelly so will start getting a more accurate reading.

I do have a long trip (Stoke to Cambridge) coming up in a few weeks so will see how it performs then and update you.
How exactly do you intend to detail your new car? I've looked into getting mine coated with GTechnic, but I wonder if I could achieve comparable protection with regular coatings of a decent wax. I'm retired, so I do have the time to keep up the waxing regime. My local detailer tells me that GTechnic Crystal Serum is warranted for 5 years but in reality probably good for 3.

Reactions: ChivsBang
I'm going down the route of doing it all myself, my car is company so I can't justify spending £xxx on a professional protection that some of the chaps have.

I did make a post over on the detailing section (http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/confused-over-final-stages.281069/)
I was leaning to using Cquartz UK Sealant, but I think due to cost, I'm back with waxing option!

Reactions: Rob_F