New Car Smell?

_GRP_

Q3 S-Line
Reaction score
So picked up my Audi Approved Q3 before christmas.
Although 4 years old, it had been valeted and had that lovely 'new car smell'
I asked the dealer what had been used to give the interior the lovely aroma but they would not say.

Any ideas?

It's generally off gassing of solvents of the plastic parts not an applied scent.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Chemical Guys "New Car Smell" been using it for years now. It's a close approximation of the genuine article (which as desdribed above is actually VOCs coming out of the plastics) but it doesn't last very long before you need to give it another spray. Spray carpets, velour and under the seats.

Reactions: _GRP_
Chemical guys scents are soooo nice, but they last a day or two which makes them a bit pointless and disappointing. I love stripper scent though :)

If you have leather seats, these smell great.
549770041.jpg

Chemical Guys "New Car Smell" been using it for years now. It's a close approximation of the genuine article (which as desdribed above is actually VOCs coming out of the plastics) but it doesn't last very long before you need to give it another spray. Spray carpets, velour and under the seats.

Perfect, I'll be giving this a try!

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I've heard that's generally the case with new cars, but surely not mine which is 4 years old?

True enough, I didn't read close enough. Might have been fabric protectant or dressing you were smelling in that case.