New clutch needed after slipping

Lewbo

Reaction score
I had my s3 remapped over the weekend and can't believe how much it brings the car alive but i noticed that when am in 5th and 6th gear I get a little clutch slip, never uses to do this so obviously the remap has shown the weakness, it's not really bad but will need replacing at one point, my question is do I just put in new oem clutch seen as an only staying at stage 1 or pay alot more money and get Sachs, would this be beneficial at stage 1?

you would want to upgrade to a higher spec i would of thought
if you have had your car remapped then you dont wanna drive around like miss daisy on prozac would ya
loads of s3s on here running uprated clutchs

if your going to do clutch then put a uprated one in car!
i used a helix clutch assy with sach dualmass wasnt cheap but with 200bhp and 330 lb/ft torque it needed something decent

My old car slipped after a remap, like REALLY badly - couldn't accelerate in 4th from 45mph, and it was perfect before hand on the day. After 2 months of normal driving it was fine again - I put it down to an over enthusiastic test driver, it is quite easy to damage a clutch if you drag the clutch and if you carry on doing this it majorly overheats the clutch making it slip really badly and that in itself makes the situation worse still and can take a while to recover. Effectively I drove really carefully and rebedded it in as it were and it was fine after that!

It seems very coincidental that everyone needs a new clutch after a remap, it probably does mean the clutch is borderline specification from the factory though!

i think the moral of the story is when you start to increase power something along the line needs to be upgraded as well ie clutch engine mounts brakes just to name a few some say its not worth it some love it depends how deep your pockets are and what you really want from your car

I had the same and have since removed the clutch flow restrictor and fitted the EKS ? unrestricted one supplied by Awesome. My theory is that this acts like dragging the clutch even though you dont realise it ie the torque ramps up while the cover plate is still clamping and is worse when cold due to the increased fuid visco. Worked for me as i havent had slip since and cost £40 and easy diy fit. Worth a go at the price.

I had the same and have since removed the clutch flow restrictor and fitted the EKS ? unrestricted one supplied by Awesome. My theory is that this acts like dragging the clutch even though you dont realise it ie the torque ramps up while the cover plate is still clamping and is worse when cold due to the increased fuid visco. Worked for me as i havent had slip since and cost £40 and easy diy fit. Worth a go at the price.
Sounds good do you have a link to this part and how hard was it to fit thanks