New Coaxial cable for Blackvue DR550GW-2CH

So its taken a while but I have finally installed my BV DR550GW-2CH camera, the install was quite easy into my 2013 A4 saloon as routing the cable through the roof lining for the rear camera was made easy by removing the rear roof lighting then using a feeding tube to push the cable through.

I then chose to route the cable to the rear passenger pillar and along the inside edge of the roof lining to keep the cable away from anything else then turned right and up behind the front passenger sun visor this was also helped by the removal of the front roof light cluster as this allowed me to route the rear camera cable down through the cover from the rear view mirror to the light and rain sensor close to the camera were I created a small hole to feed the cable through to the camera itself.

The power cable I routed back across the roof lining behind the front passenger sun visor and down the passenger side front pillar behind the air bag to the passenger side fuse box and connected this to the power magic pro box which I fitted to the inside roof of the glove box and have connected to a permanent live and an ignition live behind the glove box and loom taped all wiring along with inline fuses and quick connectors for removal if necessary.

So far so good it all seems to work well although the picture quality could be better it is still quite good, one of the things I did have concerns over was the reported interference with DAB from the rear camera well I do not have any at all there has been no impact on the quality of my DAB ( as its crap all by itself ) and I assume this is down to the fact that BV replaced the rear camera cable with an updated version with better shielding.

I am hoping that BV do update the bit rate on this unit as this the only area this system looses points in my mind.