New Custom Air Bag Cover

CanadaA3wales

Canadian living in South Wales - Audi A3 8V 150BHP
Reaction score
Just thought I would share a picture of my new airbag cover.
I would recommend the company if they were any good, but they lied to me so many times.
They told me 4 weeks, and as it never arrived I messaged them and they ignored me for days and days.
I sent another email on instagram and text and again they refused contact so I had to log my first ever bank dispute through Nationwide as I had to pay via my bank.
They eventually got back to me and said they told me 8 weeks, but I have texts right now saying my item was being shipped within the 4 week period, they changed to 8 weeks well after I ordered it.
I hate leaving bad reviews but me leaving a bad google review got their attention.

Anyway, I like it, and as my Audi rings and surround has lost all their silver coating, and it looked ugly I needed to get something.

It cost 120.00 all in, so not bad for a new cover which has been airbag tested, full suede and nice stitching.

Attachments

• IMG_20210414_140302_226.jpg
    IMG_20210414_140302_226.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 92
Good looking thing that is.
I was considering doing same on my custom made steering wheel but got scared alcantara would not rip when airbag deployed.
How did they prove to you this will rip in right places, allowing full and correct airbag working order?

As for bad experience with custom made bits, had my steering wheel made to different spec I asked for. Luckily had pictures and emails proving me asking for what hasn't been done so they had to redo my wheel. Like you, waited longer for it but was well worth it.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks.
They said they tested the leather and Suede ones and deployed the airbag to ensure its road legal, but its only their word.

Would they risk killing someone to make 120.00 ...... I dont know, but not something I would want to lie about considering families drive in our cars.

I dont suppose the company you got yours from started with B did it LOL ?

True about the gain vs. loss.
I'm in process of getting my seatbelts changed to red and everyone is saying "NO, don't do it. Too risky .... Blah blah blah"
Like you said, warranty given and test performed before they dispatch them back to me is re-assuring somehow.

As to steering wheel company, Royal Steering Wheels made the wheel for me and no, they haven't started off with BS.
Quality job and every customer recommending them had good experience. Just me odd one, who seem to have a bad one.
Past that anyhow as really enjoy my wheel (pic attached)

Hooe your cover work for you like a cherry on a cake
be213d80b3bb6149bae6f8a4f2330f2d.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Yeah its not the same company, but thats a sweet looking wheel.
I didnt really buy it for design as a new airbag cover would have been over £100.00 so for 120.00 I got a nice looking Suede cover with gloss black badges.
I wish I could have just bought the rings and surround, but you cant buy them anywhere.
I would like a new steering wheel, but they are just so expensive, over £400.00 for a half decent one and £700 - £900 for carbon.
I suppose if I had a £30,000 RS3 then I probably would buy one.

Berg tuning do quite nice airbag covers. Leather and alcantara with a show carbon cover.

Yeah thats the company, they are full of %^££"

I have texts from the owner saying my air bag cover was done and ready to ship on week 4 then ignored me after that.
Didnt even bother saying sorry, or even offering a small discount for the troubles.
They told me 4 weeks, then about week 2 they seemed to have changed their website to 8 weeks and did not bother telling anyone, according to a later text.

I even have texts asking if they could change the alacantra to red as they did a blue one for a Merc, and again I have on text that they said they could change it as mine had not been made yet, but on week 7 they claim to have not been able to change it.. It was like I was speaking to 2 different people who didnt know what the other person said or was doing.

They were busy posting pics on Insta with all their new covers and steering wheels, but claim they were so busy they fell behind on customer comms
Saying sorry on a general post on insta is not good enough, they should have reached out to every customer to say sorry.

I would have accepted a genuine apology on week 4 saying it was going to be delayed, but instead they chose the option of ignoring everyone.
I will never use them again just because they couldnt be bothered to say a simple word.... We are so Sorry about the delays Simon

I rate customer service over everything, and if you have no respect for me or my money that I earnt, then I will take my business to someone else who cares about me.

Few that was a rant.

I am a Canadian and I really hate arguing with companies, and always like to be polite, but this company really pushed my buttons

Yes the air bag cover is nice... No you will not get any customer service or help if needed.

Reactions: Leevr
All in, looks better in person but overall happy.
Too bad about the customer service and comms from Berg Tuning.