new engine build problem any advice plz

s3gazz

Reaction score
hi guys.

iv just finished my engine build changed a v3 mani to a pro4 and had new genuine hot side put on my k418t as it was China hotside before also been port matched to the pro4...

running with n75 unplugged it only boosts to 9 psi when I plug n75 in it over boosts and goes into limp mode..
so today done some messing, I bypass the n75 and plumbed a hose from charge pipe to actuater and leave n75 plugged in I go for a spin it boosts to 19psi but Dan set it at 14psi before he shipped to me I ain't added nothing...
iv also took the end nut off to see wastegate ain't stuck shut and it opens fine...
anyone tell me whats wrong or even anyone had this problem before thanks Gaz

if 15psi 'Dan' actuator fitted it will boost higher with preload.. (too stiff imho)

you did plumb the n75 in correctly? boost into centre port, orth short port to actuator, long leg to tip

yes bill n75 plumbed correct buddy me and Dan cannot get our head around it.

I cannot slacken the preload off any ferther bill it tightened the end nut back up where the wastegate arm sat so to me on boost I thought it may not seal properly.

that's where it sat I then wound the inside nut to it and put outer nut back on and tightened it up not much room to slacken off ferther as u can tell

so from your picture.. no preload at all.. what psi does it start to push open at?
and to confirm.. when you did have some preload on the actuator arm, and plumbed boost directly to actuator, no n75 you got 19psi.. yea?
If its a 15psi actuator they will always be higher with preload added.. so 19psi is plausable

If your map was for a lower psi setup, different then its quite likely it will over boost.. if actuator only pressure is 19psi as a too high start point.

no pre load at all bill to me all I did was shut the wastgate after checking wastgate was not stuck shut, tightened the nuts up the the wastgate arm and left it.

I ain't checked to see what psi it opens bill but Dan said it was set at 14psi before he sent to me. so I hv a actuater map Rick did for me should be 15psi saved having to unplug n75 all time, boost wise it's shows 16.8 psi foot to floor and drops to like 10 psi around 5k turbo don't spoil wile 4K either.

yes I got 19psi on map 1... hose directly from charge pipe to actuater nipple n75 plugged in but bypast.

my map was set at like 21 psi maybe 20 psi bill no less

the actuator will require some preload on it.. not just wind up nuts to arm.
as for your issue, i've no idea

Reactions: Tj 0785