New exhaust tips

Starry

S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:
Reaction score
After buying my s3 and the previous owner rearly cleaning the tips they are pitted and beyond cleaning. I decided to buy some new tips, they are universal ones and only cost £18 delivered so I'm not expecting them to last forever.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and S1Pete
After buying my s3 and the previous owner rearly cleaning the tips they are pitted and beyond cleaning. I decided to buy some new tips, they are universal ones and only cost £18 delivered so I'm not expecting them to last forever.
Where from please -link ?

Tbh mate, ill get some more as they are a fraction to short and the connecting end is 8mm to large for a great connection. ill probably get some of these ( https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universa...icle-Stainless-Steel-Chrome-Trim/152877551811 ) in the future. In order to fit any of these you do need to cut the oval end part off the oem system. The one in the link will be spot on in length and also the connection end at 60mm.
There is a discrepancy in the size pictured and the description, ive messaged the seller to clarify..

Last edited:
I thought the oval ends screwed off - vaguely remember reading that on here ?

And how much are OEM replacements ? I thought I read (also on here) that they were pretty cheap?

I thought the oval ends screwed off - vaguely remember reading that on here ?

And how much are OEM replacements ? I thought I read (also on here) that they were pretty cheap?
The chrome OEM tips pull off but under them the steel pipe is oval as well so to fit round tips you need to trim it back to the round part. The OEM tips are around £200 I think.