Facelift New exhaust tips

ANoor85

Reaction score
Hey

I was looking to change the stock exhaust tips with something just clean and fresh looking.

Any ideas on the best places to source these? I have a FL sportback.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Hey

I was looking to change the stock exhaust tips with something just clean and fresh looking.

Thanks.

Hi, the tips are welded on so not sure it’s easy to change them without replacing the entire back box!

Some have just re-sprayed their tips @T-1000 i recall did a great job.

Reactions: RS03???, ANoor85 and 8YARWY
Hi, the tips are welded on so not sure it’s easy to change them without replacing the entire back box!

Some have just re-sprayed their tips @T-1000 i recall did a great job.

Indeed Riko and a year on still look great.
e74154a5450298e58eebda98b79ab21c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: seventeenapg, RS03???, DW81 and 2 others
Indeed Riko and a year on still look great.
e74154a5450298e58eebda98b79ab21c.jpg

Look great . How did you do it if you don't mind me asking? Which products did you use?

Look great . How did you do it if you don't mind me asking? Which products did you use?

Rubbed them down with wet & dry, degreased them, masked up the rear and 6+ coats of Foliatec gloss black

605fa048106b45cddbaff68b3e248718.jpg

62590c1f170d7f45a0c2d0e905c43e47.jpg

97cf9f52ed5464c24a79122dac1f1163.jpg

c3da3028c68b491568e652d15a6848be.jpg

c2ec6f73635ed15c3d6a8e1067637c5a.jpg

Reactions: RS03???, Cheggers, Count Drunkula and 2 others
Rubbed them down with wet & dry, degreased them, masked up the rear and 6+ coats of Foliatec gloss black

605fa048106b45cddbaff68b3e248718.jpg

62590c1f170d7f45a0c2d0e905c43e47.jpg

97cf9f52ed5464c24a79122dac1f1163.jpg

c3da3028c68b491568e652d15a6848be.jpg

c2ec6f73635ed15c3d6a8e1067637c5a.jpg

Is one can of the foliatec 250ml? How many coats did that get you on each exhaust? Thinking about doing this just checking how many cans I'll need to get? Thanks

Is one can of the foliatec 250ml? How many coats did that get you on each exhaust? Thinking about doing this just checking how many cans I'll need to get? Thanks

Yes 250ml

Around 7/8 coats each from 1 tin so plenty.

Yes 250ml

Around 7/8 coats each from 1 tin so plenty.

Thank you. Only problem now is trying to find a supplier who has stock and will deliver to UK!

Reactions: 8YARWY
Simoniz gloss black engine enamel is good for temps up to 120°C. Would that do the job?

Thank you. Only problem now is trying to find a supplier who has stock and will deliver to UK!

Yeah I’ve heard that before about getting hold of it.
Seems a lot of things are getting harder to source these days.

I did see this one! Only thing I wasn't sure is the description said black instead of glossy black. Wasn't sure if this was maybe a matte black alternative.

I did see this one! Only thing I wasn't sure is the description said black instead of glossy black. Wasn't sure if this was maybe a matte black alternative.

If you read the description it says available in gloss black.

Reactions: ANoor85
If you read the description it says available in gloss black.

Good spot

Reactions: RS03??? and 8YARWY
Hey

Thanks.

Hi
My 2019 sports exhaust tips are flaking... a bit of too and throw with audi and they are being fixed... Audi suggested cutting them off and replacing the black ovals... but we decided it would be best to respray. Also had a result on the crappy rear hubs... They are replacing the rear discs and pads too... very surprised but will happily accept.

Reactions: Riko0073
Hi
My 2019 sports exhaust tips are flaking... a bit of too and throw with audi and they are being fixed... Audi suggested cutting them off and replacing the black ovals... but we decided it would be best to respray. Also had a result on the crappy rear hubs... They are replacing the rear discs and pads too... very surprised but will happily accept.
Great work!

Can I ask which Audi dealership agreed this?

My local dealer said a while back it was something Audi were looking into but at that point couldn’t offer any help.

They did replace the whole back box on my previous S4 which badly corroded but as a one off gesture, 6 months later it was nearly as bad so I reckon your replacement tips/exhaust will just do the same again sadly, painting it would seem the better option to make it last?

Great work!

Can I ask which Audi dealership agreed this?

My local dealer said a while back it was something Audi were looking into but at that point couldn’t offer any help.

They did replace the whole back box on my previous S4 which badly corroded but as a one off gesture, 6 months later it was nearly as bad so I reckon your replacement tips/exhaust will just do the same again sadly, painting it would seem the better option to make it last?
Hi
It was Cheshire oaks Audi. The tips were easy but the rear discs took some persuasion Audi UK said to cut them off.. i wasn't up for that so it's going to their local body shop.

Reactions: Riko0073
Hi
It was Cheshire oaks Audi. The tips were easy but the rear discs took some persuasion Audi UK said to cut them off.. i wasn't up for that so it's going to their local body shop.

Is this under warranty?