New (First) S3 Order: Virtual Cockpit???

MarkL7

Reaction score
I ordered my first Audi S3 a couple of weeks ago with the following spec:

S3 Saloon, S Tronic, Black Edition, Mythos Black, 19" 5-V spoke alloys in matt titanium

I have since been kinda regretting not adding the tech pack with virtual cockpit. I called Audi on Friday to see if I could add this to my spec, but since the car is due to go into production in 2 weeks, I was told today that this was not possible after Newcastle Audi logged a call with the factory in Germany directly.

I now have two options:

Proceed with the car excluding tech pack which will be delivered mid-end November

OR

Get a new build slot which I'm told could be 4 months! (I would need to get a hire car until then as I am moving back to Newcastle from London and need a car for work)

Is virtual cockpit worth it?!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I would deffo get the virtual cockpit ...i love mine...and as I always say..if you don't get what you want....once car arrives you may just regret it..and you don't want that

Reactions: MarkL7
Id really regret not having the VC - if nothing else it makes the whole car feel more up to date and the interior is much better off with it included.

It sounds like it’s going to be a bit off a ball ache for you. Your going to have to wait an extra 3 months for your new car. Then pay probably £5/600 to rent a car for those months. Then the added £1400 for tech pack. So £2000 and a whole lot of Agro of cancelling your order and ordering a new car, just to have VC. It would be a no from me.

I have VC but wouldn't wait 4 months for it. Is it a PCP or a car you are going to keep for the long term? If keeping 2/3 years I'd say live without, if it's a keeper then re order. It's cool but not a life changer.

I have VC but wouldn't wait 4 months for it. Is it a PCP or a car you are going to keep for the long term? If keeping 2/3 years I'd say live without, if it's a keeper then re order. It's cool but not a life changer.

It's a PCP which I will keep for 3 years. In all fairness I bought the car because of the enjoyment I will get from driving it more than anything else!

It sounds like it’s going to be a bit off a ball ache for you. Your going to have to wait an extra 3 months for your new car. Then pay probably £5/600 to rent a car for those months. Then the added £1400 for tech pack. So £2000 and a whole lot of Agro of cancelling your order and ordering a new car, just to have VC. It would be a no from me.

A total ball ache! Fool on me for not including it in the spec in the first instance. The salesman practically talked me out of it when I was ordering saying that he didn't rate it and that adding tech pack would push the car over the £40k mark which would also mean an extra £300 tax per year! So really the cost of including it would be more like £3k over the 3 years.

It's a PCP which I will keep for 3 years. In all fairness I bought the car because of the enjoyment I will get from driving it more than anything else!
I wouldn't worry about it mate, you've still got a good spec with BE, B&O is a must for me.

I think the VC is great but I wouldn't add another 3 months onto the waiting time for it.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and MarkL7
You may get bored of the VC after the novelty has worn off, I certainly did. Not worth the extra cash imo.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and MarkL7
I specifically ordered mine with no VC. Do I regret it, not one bit. I prefer the analogue dials and I use Android Auto for Google maps which displays on the MMI and is updated regularly and with Google offline maps...no data charges.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and MarkL7
Ask them if they can source you a stock model within there group with the virtual Cockpit but you may have to comprise on some other options like wheels or colour etc

Tricky one, for sure - for me, the Tech Pack/VC combo was a must have in the spec, but I did compromise on a few things (pano roof, rear cam) to get a brilliant deal on an in-dealer-stock car. In the process of getting the rear cam retrofitted now, but will have to make do without pano roof....

I ordered my first Audi S3 a couple of weeks ago with the following spec:

S3 Saloon, S Tronic, Black Edition, Mythos Black, 19" 5-V spoke alloys in matt titanium

I have since been kinda regretting not adding the tech pack with virtual cockpit. I called Audi on Friday to see if I could add this to my spec, but since the car is due to go into production in 2 weeks, I was told today that this was not possible after Newcastle Audi logged a call with the factory in Germany directly.

I now have two options:

Proceed with the car excluding tech pack which will be delivered mid-end November

OR

Get a new build slot which I'm told could be 4 months! (I would need to get a hire car until then as I am moving back to Newcastle from London and need a car for work)

Is virtual cockpit worth it?!

I done the exact same thing, ordered my Black Edition without the VC because It was slightly out of my price range and having the Black Edition was more important to me, but then I changed my mind but had already put in the order and was advised it was too late to change.

I may just be trying to make my self better lol and I am probably one of the very few but I actually prefer the Analog clocks as opposed to the digital, my friend has the VC on his S3 and I do love the maps but I genuinely do not feel that I am really missing out.

Will I have the VC on my next Audi? more than likely yes, however I do love my S3 how it is and I am sure you will too. :)

Pleased to report that Newcastle Audi have secured a new build slot for me ... I should be taking possession of my S3 at the end of December with the inclusion of the Technology Pack / Virtual Cockpit to the above spec! Happy days!

Reactions: David McQueen, TYb and Jassyo06
After the dealer had problems filing a new thermostat, I had a A3 2.0 sedan, with virtual cockpit as a loan car. i thought the VC was better than the standard dash and played around with the different views - not sure if the the S3 VC has any additional info displays, compared to the A3, but I would hope so.

A guy i know has retrofitted vitual cockpit to his 65 plate rs3 and a few other cars, so this can also be an option if your interested can pass you his details!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk