New Forum Member seeking advice!

RME89A3

Reaction score
Hello.

Firstly I'd like to say I have enjoyed reading various posts across various topics relating to Audi A3/S3/RS3 cars, thank you for putting your thoughts and experiences out there. It is a valuable source of information for newbies like me! There is some really lovely looking cars about and I am excited to experience my new A3 Sportback that I collected today. It is the first Audi I have had and from the short time I have driven it it is a world apart from the Alfa Romeo I used to own.

I will be completely honest and say I have little interest in modifying my new a3. Mostly due to lack of funds and my limited knowledge. However I have been exploring the forums over the last month absorbing as much information as I can (and checking out the beautiful modified cars out there). I do enjoy cleaning and maintaining my car so I have been taking an interest in the detailing aspects of the forum.

Here the part where some advice would be great...

So I collected my car this afternoon. The Audi salesman was a decent guy and got me what I believe to be a great spec car and everything I was looking for. He even got me the car a week early which was great. Very good service all round. I was pretty thorough when I collected the car today,
I made sure I checked all the paintwork and panels before I left and everything was in order. Phone connected and installed, spare wheel present and paperwork sorted. I took the car out for a decent run in the afternoon.

Upon arriving home around 6 after a quick stop for dinner with my folks I had another quick look around the car. Noticed a small piece of paper, like blue roll sticking out from under the drivers side headlight. It fell away easily enough but exposed a scratch under the headlight. Approx 30mm in length and deep enough to expose the plastic under the paintwork. The position and direction would make me think it can't be a stone chip.

Is it just me, am I being terribly fussy or would you advise I get in touch with the dealer and explain my findings. Hopefully the picture attached will make things clearer.

Well not really how I wanted to introduce myself but It gave me an opportunity I suppose.

Thanks
03754351978e99a1754b5206a3f1d1fe.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I would get straight back to the dealer and explain to him what you found. It's possible the paper was there to highlight where paint rework was needed but got missed. Would expect you to be given a courtesy car and lots of apologies whilst this is put right.

Welcome to Audi-sport.net. As above I would take the car back to dealer and ask for it to be fixed.
Enjoy the forum :) x

Hi, I wont make any comment on the paint defect, you already have good advice what to do.
But welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your time on here, a nice red A3 lovely colour.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi

Thanks for the advice. I'll get in touch with the dealer and see what they say.

Will keep you updated with the result.

Thanks

Yep get it done, otherwise each and every time you wash the car or walk towards it you will notice the scratch and it will do your head in!!! :)

Hi all

Delighted to say that the dealer is fixing the bodywork and providing a courtesy car while the work is carried out. Seemed genuinely surprised about the damage and even had the bodywork department manager have a look as well.

On another note I have been looking at various threads regarding protection of alloy wheels. Decided to use the auto glym wheel protector product. Hoping that applying it to the brand new alloys will give them the best protection from the beginning.

I'll be interested to see how it works over the next few weeks.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and S32B
Hi all

Delighted to say that the dealer is fixing the bodywork and providing a courtesy car while the work is carried out. Seemed genuinely surprised about the damage and even had the bodywork department manager have a look as well.

Good stuff :)