New front splitter

Stanningtonglen

Reaction score
This arrived yesterday, its a Vario-X3 splitter by RDX, its already in the shop being for painting and will be done in gloss black. Its so hard trying to find parts for an S-Line but this company makes these are for the S-Line only
IMG 0386
IMG 0380
IMG 0387
IMG 0388

Have you got a link to where you purchase it from, Wouldn't mind seeing on fitted

This is the ebay part 171761821340 been watching it for a couple of months and at weekend the price dropped to £93
Will post pics up when its fitted

Reactions: Jaywoo_A3
Nice! Looking forward to pictures of it fitted.

Tempted to pick up a splitter myself but haven't really seen many alternatives to Cupra R.

Quite a nice bit of kit.
I have one on the B8

Reactions: Stanningtonglen and carlcall
Please be sure to post some pictures when fitted. I've been on the look out for alternative to cupra common as muck splitter for ages.

Please be sure to post some pictures when fitted. I've been on the look out for alternative to cupra common as muck splitter for ages.

that's because the cupra item is the best one to fit and looks the most oem fitment on s-line bumpers, unless you have a dtm bumper in which case the carbon lip is great.

that's because the cupra item is the best one to fit and looks the most oem fitment on s-line bumpers, unless you have a dtm bumper in which case the carbon lip is great.
that as maybe but I've copied so many of other people's ideas I would like to do something a little less "popular"

I have never known one item fit so many different cars as the cupra one, even the Rover 75&ZT owners have them, and because they're so popular that's why i wanted something different. but being an S-Line it's quite difficult to find anything that will fit
Should get my car back tomorrow with its new splitter on, will post some pics up first chance i get

How about some pictures? I'm very interested to see how it looks

Spent most of today down at the paint shop trying to get the best fit, the splitter come with a fitting kit that has various sized spacers in and it's also a bumper off job, we went through them all only to decide it need then on the center section, he's going to respray the splitter today and going back tomorrow for fitting.
will post pics up as soon i can

Its on, but not 100% happy with it it needs the small spacer putting in to bring the ends down and that should also level it out across the front
IMG 0402
IMG 0409
IMG 0410
IMG 0413

Reactions: AvantMike and pez81
I do like that and I can see what you mean with the ends. I have to admit it does look a lot better than the photos on their site.

Was it easy enough to fit? And thanks for the update!

Last edited:
Fitting wasn't too bad we tried all versions with all the spaces and decided it didn't need them, but looking at it now it really needs the small ones putting in also one of the end pieces they had problems getting the paint to take its got pinholes on it and they painted it no end of times, so that will need respraying
the one i bought was from Germany and paid £95, some are going for as much as £145

Looks like I'll be getting one to finish the front end off on mine with it being the SE version......looks like it's missing something to me.

£105 for mine at the moment plus delivery.....but the Euro is up and down all the time.

I was watching these splitters for ages to see if the price would drop and it never so bought a cupra splitter and fitted that. This looks a lot better so back to watching the price and save some money. Could it be fitted without the end pieces or would it look too short for the bumper?

I was watching these also @AndyCon and the price went down to £93 over the weekend so ordered one!

As for the fitting I don't know yet....but should do once it arrives.

Nice!! Had one of these RDX Vario Splitters on my old mk5 ibiza

Reactions: Stanningtonglen
I was watching these splitters for ages to see if the price would drop and it never so bought a cupra splitter and fitted that. This looks a lot better so back to watching the price and save some money. Could it be fitted without the end pieces or would it look too short for the bumper?

That's what i was doing i picked the cheapest one and watched it for ages then the price went from £105 to £95 then a few weeks ago it was £93.
I dont think it will because it will be short on the ends have a look at the first pic
Caricall, will you post some pics up when you fitted it ???

Like the central part, not so keen on the edges/sides

been watching this even though it for a A6 S-Line i really like this the way it shaped to fit the lines of the S-Line bumper, should do this for A4, so thinking of buying this and making it fit
CSL106
CSL106 frontal
CSL106 maske

Last edited:
Reactions: Pedrödelabongo
Glad you sprayed it gloss black to match the rest of the colour scheme. The OEM plastic look doesnt look too great.
Nice finish.:smile:

Well mine arrived today and hopefully it will be fitted this coming weekend.....as long as my replacement projector has arrived for my headlight.

@Stanningtonglen I got it offered up last weekend, drilled, fitted, removed and then sprayed! And I also have a few pimples in my paint......it's as if it's been made out of old bin bags the type of plastic it is and nothing likes to stick to it.

Finally fitted it earlier today with some quick pics on the iPhone. I've used the funny shaped spacers on the front to lower it down a little more and then used the smallest spacer on the rear mounting point and the second smallest for the next one. I'm in two minds whether to raise it up a little more at the back and front. At the moment it follows the lines of the existing non S Class bumper......I'll try it for a few days and see what it looks like from afar when walking back to it.

Any ways here's some pics......

2015-08-30%2016.53.41_zpsc06uua6x.jpg
2015-08-30%2016.53_zps2rnrpnkl.jpg
2015-08-30%2016.54.32_zpswkddckus.jpg
2015-08-30%2016.54.10_zpsem4hpt39.jpg
2015-08-30%2016.54.02_zpskz3ag2zc.jpg
2015-08-30%2017.20.43_zpsda44kpbj.jpg
2015-08-30%2017.20.30_zpsat0kch83.jpg

Just need to find some nice 18" or 19" alloys I like and get it lowered 30-40mm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stanningtonglen
You have fitted it the same way i did problem i had was the shape of S-Line bumper it brought it to low in the middle so after trying various spacers i ended up with none but saying that i would still really would like to straighten it out.
Any ways i like it looks good and i also had the same paint problems

Well I've just tried mine and I've got about an inch before it scrapes on the road when reversing up the driveway.....looks like I'm removing the spacers as the car really does need lowering.

I'll have another play tomorrow!

@Stanningtonglen

I found the time to play with the splitter again.....

Basically it's given me an extra inch of clearance on the front of the car for when I come off the driveway. I preferred the side view of it originally as it looks a lot flatter compared to the way it now slopes after removing all of the spacers.

At the end of the day I gain the extra clearance I need and it's following the existing lines of the bumper and it's not twisted as it looks in the pics.

Once the new suspension gets fitted I may have another play!

1_zpsbt4fwrp4.jpg

2_zpsk8ju8icd.jpg

3_zpszizwqonv.jpg