New grill fitted to b8 S4

rocko_n82

Reaction score
So I've had my S4 Avant for a few weeks now, one of the upgrades I really liked the look of was the RS4 style grille. I ordered one up and set into fitting it yesterday following one of the guides on here. I have virtually no experience working with cars but do work a lot with mountain bikes so I had all the tools I needed. The whole job took me about 3 hours but that was mainly due to having to consider the parking sensors.

The guide was excellent but what I didn't bargain for was the parking sensors! Thankfully the grill I had ordered had slots for them but I'll admit I was in a bit of a panick when the guide didn't show all the extra wires. After a bit of thought and a trip to halfords I got it sorted, I had to trim a bit off one of the sensors mounts and mount it behind the grill with a cable tie. I painted the alloy bar behind the grill with a brush and some Matt high temp paint just to keep it all tidy. It had dried by the time I had the the new grill attached to the bumper. The S4 badge wouldn't clip back on due to the grill shape of the grill so I attached this using some black Sugru, for those of you that aren't familiar with this stuff it's like blue tac but it dries hard like plastic and you can mould it into any shape.

A few pics, didn't have time to clean it.

Reactions: CHEZ, V6 Quatt, ruairi83 and 1 other person
Looks good bud :) .i have a RS3 grill to fit to my A3 later today if it stays dry

Thanks for the comments. Yeah I'm pleased with it, it's still subtle but it makes it my own. Have some supercharged badges to fit and a roof rack which I'd rather not fit but I want to use the car as I intended to so the rack is going on. It's a Thule aero one and I've already trimmed the bars down to make it as flush a fit as possible.

Next on the list is revo.

Mines going on next Monday, along with anti roll bars and forge charge cooler

Awesome job mate. Which guide did you use? I'll be doing this in a month or so.
Cheers.