new headlight group buy

As I understand it, flash to pass is purely the Halogen unit so when you flash the lights with the headlights off it is just the halogen bulb that will illuminate (hence why Trups is ok with possibly supplying an LED in it's place because it doesn't do any of the 'heavy lifting' shall we say)

When you turn the headlights on the bi-xenons then take over high and low beam (as well as the halogen on high beam but you won't notice the halogen with the xenon unit on).

A quad unit would replace the halogen unit with another xenon unit so everything is xenon.

Trups will correct me if I'm wrong!!

My wallet is not liking the sound of this

Hi All.

Pricing:
Headlights are coming in more expensive than the last GB but with Discounts I can offer them at £420 Per set.
Postage in the UK is included, Postage to Europe is £15 and around the world postage is £30 extra.

paint work Options:
Paint work:
Front trim £20
Rear trim £20
remove Grey £30 (making of chrome needed)
Full Black out - £50.

Other options
Lens Etching - £45. (Ian PG is the only one I know that had this done)
LED sidelights - £7
Ice white high beams - £10
Chrome amber indicators - £5
Brand new Headlight motors - £40

What you get for the base price:
Brand new Housings
Morimoto Mini H1 7.0 Bi Xenon projectors with precision bulb holders.
Brackets kit
Morimoto XB 35 HID bulbs 4500k, 5500k and 6500k colours.
Hylux Ballasts (3 year warranty on these)
Labour to fit all parts so you just unplug the old and fit in the new.
2 year warranty on projectors and bulbs.

As said, we need 10 people to get this going.

I think that's about it, a lot to take in but il be on hand to answer questions.

I’d like mine full black out,
With lens etching, led sidelights, ice white high beams, and brand new headlight motors.

As I understand it, flash to pass is purely the Halogen unit so when you flash the lights with the headlights off it is just the halogen bulb that will illuminate (hence why Trups is ok with possibly supplying an LED in it's place because it doesn't do any of the 'heavy lifting' shall we say)

When you turn the headlights on the bi-xenons then take over high and low beam (as well as the halogen on high beam but you won't notice the halogen with the xenon unit on).

A quad unit would replace the halogen unit with another xenon unit so everything is xenon.

Trups will correct me if I'm wrong!!

got it in one. Your OEM units just do each function, these headlights will do xenon high beam but only when the low beam is on.

@t8ups Get out of town!! Really?! So I could do away with that ugly, good for nothing halogen and replace it with a another nice xenon unit? I know this would be more expensive but how much more are we talking.... :sweatsmile:

For a Quad setup its double the price of parts as you need more projectors, more ballasts, bulbs, wiring looms and a lot of Labour to do a Quad. I'm working on a Quad setup atm for a Fiesta ST and so far I'm 5 hours in and I have still not managed to get the 2nd projector lined up with the 1st so the beam looks as 1. its a lot of man hours.

Trups

Reactions: ToughlilT
I'll stick with the original setup (but with possibly an LED in place of the halogen), wrong time of year to be wanting quad xenons!!:hubbahubba:

I could be interested in the quad set up with flash to pass as well. Can you give me a ball park figure?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I could be interested in the quad set up with flash to pass as well. Can you give me a ball park figure?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
if you have a Quad setup then all 4 projectors become flash to pass :).

you would be closer to 1K for Quads, and you would be the last to get them as they would take around a week and a half to build just for your set.

Trups

jeeeeezus you will be dazzling people with a quad setup! either that or signalling to the moon with quad setup!

Reactions: hydro s3 and warren9022
i'll try muster up more interest....

Reactions: Sandra and warren9022
Can we specify a paint code for the trims @t8ups ? Or is it just basic colours like black, red etc.

Can we specify a paint code for the trims @t8ups ? Or is it just basic colours like black, red etc.
you can specify a paint code yes, just I don't want it been silly in the sense that 1 part of the light is paint code A, then another is Paint code B etc.

if you want some to be lets say matt black on the front trim then the rear trim be paint Code A I'm happy to have done but the body shop will just laugh at me or tell me it needs to be more money as they have to mix them up, with Blacks etc they have them pre mixed with the Clear coat already mixed in so its 1 run in the Both, with colour codes they paint, then leave to dry then go over with the Clear so the process is longer and they may up the price, with trims going similar colours I work out lets say 4 sets want gloss black I give them in a Batch so they run that lot in there with other stuff they may have in at the time.

Yeah I understand @t8ups , I was just thinking of having the front trim painted the same colour as the car. Wouldn’t dream of asking for 3 different colours in the same headlight but it’s good to know that they can work off a paint code

Led bulb

Is this what the LED flash to pass bulbs would look like @t8ups ?

something like that, them in your pic have a COB chip on them (you can see the Large yellow things) they aint great, they cause GLARE galore, the ones I get will have the Philips ZES chips on them.

Trups

Reactions: Alex C, warren9022 and Langsam
Hi All, can i add my name to this, i need a set for my 8L S3 im building!

1. Warren9022
2. Chromag
3. Hyrdo s3
4. Maz
5. Mark Hirons (email)
6. Langsam
7.Georgies3
8.ToughlilT
9. Drive2arrive
10. RL28
11. Creo

Reactions: Sandra and warren9022
Guys, just so there is no confusion:

THERE IS NO LIMIT ON HOW MANY PEOPLE JOIN THIS GROUP BUY, THE MINIMUM AMOUNT OF MEMBERS WAS 10 WHICH WE HAVE REACHED SO YOU HAVE UNTIL THE 21ST JAN TO GET YOUR NAMES DOWN.

Thanks.
Trups
EM Tuning

Reactions: Sandra
I'm in.

1. Warren9022
2. Chromag
3. Hyrdo s3
4. Maz
5. Mark Hirons (email)
6. Langsam
7.Georgies3
8.ToughlilT
9. Drive2arrive
10. RL28
11. Creo
12. gonzokew

Reactions: warren9022
Hi Ian

You might be able to help me I have HID’s in my s3 currently if I brought these lights would it just be the case of taking my units out and replacing with these units or will the wiring have to be changed ?

Cheers
Midgley

Hi Ian

You might be able to help me I have HID’s in my s3 currently if I brought these lights would it just be the case of taking my units out and replacing with these units or will the wiring have to be changed ?

Cheers
Midgley

If you have face lift xenon lights currently these will be plug and play apart from a bit of fiddling around locating the ballasts as they’re a different size to the originals. @IanPG did a good write up when he fitted his, take a look.

If you have face lift xenon lights currently these will be plug and play apart from a bit of fiddling around locating the ballasts as they’re a different size to the originals. @IanPG did a good write up when he fitted his, take a look.

Ok sweet nice one warren

I take it t8ups will get hold of us when he needs the money and go from there ?

Midgley

Ok sweet nice one warren

I take it t8ups will get hold of us when he needs the money and go from there ?

Midgley

The closing date is Sunday so I presume @t8ups will post something on Monday with payment details etc. Click the ‘Watch Thread’ at the top of the page and select email notifications and you’ll get notified when anyone posts. Saves checking on here multiple times a day in case you miss something (like I used to do til I realised you could do it :tearsofjoy:).

Reactions: Sandra and IPG
Hi Ian

Cheers
Midgley

Everything plugs in easily to the stock harness.

The plugs that come fro. The ballast are idiot proof as they only fit one way. Then the ballasts are small/thin anyway. I think I will just ditch the stock holder box thing and double sided tape it to the frame.

I’m going to have to bust one of mine open though. *sigh*

If it’s of any interest to anyone this is how I located the new slim ballasts. The new ballast fits the factory brackets really well if you bend the tabs on either end of the bracket up they fit nice and snug. I put a cable tie on each end just to make sure they don’t move

457424889753ab4601ce03190d4a27d1.jpg

05aa92a2a5b7d9bdd14f400d5068e576.jpg

9dd9c394554d1e289c79d43f3eaec6ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gonzokew, GeorgieS3, warren9022 and 3 others
If it’s of any interest to anyone this is how I located the new slim ballasts. The new ballast fits the factory brackets really well if you bend the tabs on either end of the bracket up they fit nice and snug. I put a cable tie on each end just to make sure they don’t move

Smart!

I’ll be doing this too then ;)

Reactions: S3 Hilife

Is that the headlights that we’re buying on your s3 now then I take it ?

They are mate there are more pics in the original group buy thread

f29447d51e64e1833f636c36233a54b8.jpg

Sweet they look well nice

What set up did you go for full black out did you get any of the extras like indicator lenses or new motors etc ?

Reactions: S3 Hilife
To Make ballast fitting like for like on this Group buy I can do ballasts that are the same dimensions as the OEM ones if that's going to make life easier and shave 15 mins off the fitting time..

Trups

I'd rather have ballasts the same size as the OEM ones @t8ups , would they have the same warranty as the other ones?

Sweet they look well nice

What set up did you go for full black out did you get any of the extras like indicator lenses or new motors etc ?

Thanks, I went with all the trims in matt black except for the inner reflector chrome bits, ice white high beams, chrome indicator bulbs but I kept my old motors as they both worked

I’m not bothered about the Ballests, seems simple enough to modify the factory holder.
Can’t wait to get these!

Warranty's will all still be the same so don't worry about that.

I'm going to work out some things and make some space tomo then we can start preparing and get it started :)

Trups

Reactions: Gonzokew, hydro s3, GeorgieS3 and 2 others