New Headunit not working

sachen

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if any of you can help? I have bought a 06 plate A3 earlier on today and tried to put my head unit in the motor. all fits fine but there is no power going to the head unit? Put the stock one back in and that works fine.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

All aftermarket HU's need two 12v feeds, a permanent live 12v for memory and one to power the unit on/off with the ignition. On the 8P A3 Audi only use a perm live and use the CANBUS to tell the HU when the ignition is on and when the keys are out.
You need to either wire in an ignition feed to the HU's red wire (ignition feed) or just connect the red wire to the yellow perm live and switch the HU on/off manually. You could also spend/waste £60 on a CANBUS emulator which will also provide a switched feed.

Hi.

Thanks for the reply. Just to recap, what i basically need to do is to follow the ignition wire, and where it stops on the loom, connect it through to the positive coming out, in theory 2 connections into one block?

Or just cut the red and yellow wires on the HU loom (after the inline fuses) and connect them both to the remaining yellow wire using a terminal block or bullet connector

Thanks for that... Worked a treat! Although I now have another problem...

There's no sound coming from the rear speakers! Seems like one problem after another! Any chance you know how to fix this!?

Do you have bose in your A3? if so you will need an adapter for all the Bose speakers to come on. Best person to ask about these issues is Andy in the ICE part of this forum.

Nope, just got the stock system (unfortunately!) which is why its confusing me! Bought the autoleads wiring loom so presumed it would all work fine!