New headunit ?

Yeah priced well I could of spent more but thoses days gone for me now just happy for nice quality for the music I play. And I'm never going to use it to it's full potentionl

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I'm from the generation of proper head units. Ie Kenwood. Jvc.alpine.blaupunkt. equalisers thatxwas the 80's

Hi I have pumpkin plays straight out of the box all leads and connectors. Mines none bose but sub in boot perfect no issues with loss of sound .cost under 300 quid
5957e0653b777689c9c245816c25eff2.jpg
3fb9c03f8ea0a0aa8a9e5d1ea33a9fd5.jpg
77883431f74e9fdde20e91f705f7702d.jpg

Can you take pics like from bit distance how it looks ? Pls

Reactions: leonwilliams
Did see it but when trying to buy it says not acacibke to buy
Hmmmm something not right when I was looking for mines there were stacks of them for sale. Every body was selling them. I do have to stay hat the boot up time is about 10secs maybe quicker

I have been looking into the above units as well. Had the same opinion as a lot of people here. (Would really like to go for the RNS for the oem look but it's the cost and outdated-ness that is putting me off.)

What I want is hands free, sat nav and most importantly bluetooth music streaming. However, I really don't want to loose the display screen between the clocks and the MFSW buttons. Does anyone know of a unit that supports that? As if I have to loose it, it may be a dealbreaker for me and I'll just stick to CDs.

Can you take pics like from bit distance how it looks ? Pls
I opted for the rear view camera which was crap so I bought one off eBay built into the number plate light. Pain to run cables but worth it. Led bulb. Mites sound when put I to reverse has grid lines will put pic up later

I have been looking into the above units as well. Had the same opinion as a lot of people here. (Would really like to go for the RNS for the oem look but it's the cost and outdated-ness that is putting me off.)

What I want is hands free, sat nav and most importantly bluetooth music streaming. However, I really don't want to loose the display screen between the clocks and the MFSW buttons. Does anyone know of a unit that supports that? As if I have to loose it, it may be a dealbreaker for me and I'll just stick to CDs.

Get one you’ll not regret it if you set it up correctly.
If you get an xtrons unit then the display in between the clocks will give you the radio frequency (not radio station name) and if you use a cd or sd card to listen to music it shows you how much track time has passed. Other than that nothing else will work on the middle display.
If you get a unit that isn’t xtrons then nothing will work on the middle screen so you will have a blank space at the top of that display.
It’s all to do with the canbus box that comes with the units.

Reactions: Gm95
Get one you’ll not regret it if you set it up correctly.
If you get an xtrons unit then the display in between the clocks will give you the radio frequency (not radio station name) and if you use a cd or sd card to listen to music it shows you how much track time has passed. Other than that nothing else will work on the middle display.
If you get a unit that isn’t xtrons then nothing will work on the middle screen so you will have a blank space at the top of that display.
It’s all to do with the canbus box that comes with the units.

Thank you for the help. I've always stood by Pioneer for aftermarket units. I know they do a fair few now with CarPlay which would be nice. However, like you say I'll loose the screen info and most probably my steering wheel buttons.

It's going to between a Pioneer unit or RNS in the end. Both are going to be a compromise one way or another. Just need to decide whether it's worth it for me.

Thank you for the help. I've always stood by Pioneer for aftermarket units. I know they do a fair few now with CarPlay which would be nice. However, like you say I'll loose the screen info and most probably my steering wheel buttons.

It's going to between a Pioneer unit or RNS in the end. Both are going to be a compromise one way or another. Just need to decide whether it's worth it for me.

you wont lose the steering wheel controls with the correct adapter. connects2 do a couple for the a3, depending on speaker set up, eg. they have one for bose systems, one for half amped.

the problem with the carplay units from pioneer, kenwood etc is that they are very very basic without an iphone attached. these android units are essentially stand alone car tablets. youll find the screens on name brands are usually either resistitive and/or lower resolution. a pioneer wont look as oem as a xtrons specifically designed for the a3 either.

i have an older android hu from my last car that im gonna fit into my a3, was a night and day difference between stock and any name brand unit out there. i honestly cant see the fascination on car forums of sticking with oem sat nav units when these are so much more powerful/useable/cheaper.

You’ll not lose steering wheel controls they will 100% work.
When I say you will lose the middle dis display, you’ll not lose it altogether you’ll just lose most of the top part just where it tells you the radio station currently.
I’d personally get an xtrons, everything is in the box that you need even if you’ve got Bose, nothing else comes close to the price and in my opinion they look better than Pioneer/Kenwood etc as they are shaped to the car so don’t need a facia adaptor.

Reactions: SpeedFerret
You’ll not lose steering wheel controls they will 100% work.
When I say you will lose the middle dis display, you’ll not lose it altogether you’ll just lose most of the top part just where it tells you the radio station currently.
I’d personally get an xtrons, everything is in the box that you need even if you’ve got Bose, nothing else comes close to the price and in my opinion they look better than Pioneer/Kenwood etc as they are shaped to the car so don’t need a facia adaptor.

Totally agree with your last statement ab1702 based on my Xtrons A3 install.