New here, collecting my RS3 tomorrow!

spc30

Reaction score
Hi all. Bit excited. Been considering an RS3 for a long time.
I found a 66 plate PFL RS3 with 24k miles, almost all options. Stunning condition aside from a small ding on a door and a few stone chips. Collecting tomorrow.
Still has the origional wavey front discs which are worn, the dealer assured me they were fine. To be fair the car stops as it should, no noise or vibrations.
So my 1st job is new discs. I'm sure this has been discussed 100's of times here but I'm looking at Zimmerman £500/pair. OE can be bought for £700 or Rayland for £600.
I guess I should avoid Kinetix at £420!
So has anyone used the Zimmerman discs? I had Zimmerman discs 20 odd years ago on my Mk2 GTI so I have no issue with the brand. Cheers.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Rayland used by a lot of people e.g. T800 or whatever he is called now ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, Sandra and 8YARWY
Rayland used by a lot of people e.g. T800 or whatever he is called now ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Who ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jebusRS, Cheggers, Terminator x and 2 others
Who ?

100% Reyland had fronts fitted last month matched with Ferodo performance pads for me pfl ….trying to remember his name who helped me out it’s T em em :thumbs up: B391CCA1 76F5 4AF7 A376 D468C42D3658

Reactions: 8YARWY and Jcbmally
Thanks for the advise. The Reylands look good, I like the J hook design. Fair price too compaired to OE. The Zimmermann's are discounted now on Autodoc, £440/pair. OE spec supposedly.

Thanks for the advise. The Reylands look good, I like the J hook design. Fair price too compaired to OE. The Zimmermann's are discounted now on Autodoc, £440/pair. OE spec supposedly.

Just remember the Reyland discs come replacement time will be £300 approx for new discs. You reuse the hub.