New-ish here: I've got injector problems

Adam Cordell

Reaction score
Hello fellow Audi-lovers

This is a follow-up thread from one I started a few months back and I still need a little help, if anyone with a knowledge better than mine can assist me. I'm driving an A4 B7 SE 2.0 TDi

The symptoms are
  • a lack of available acceleration (it gives up at about 3500 rpm in 3rd gear)
  • serious wobble when accelerating from 1500 - 2000 rpm, especially in 5th and 6th
  • wobble felt in all gears when accelerating, probably caused by too high a load for faulty injectors to handle?
I'm pretty fortunate to have a family friend as an Audi mechanic, but he's so busy at work he doesn't have much time to continually work on this issue for me. He has however put the tester on it. The results are;
  • Boost pressure okay
  • Turbo okay
  • injection system at idle okay

NOT OKAY: fuel system high pressure at high revs (4000) reads half of what it should. After further testing the pressure appears to be being lost from the head.

So, following Audi guidelines he replaced the high pressure fuel pump and injector seal kits which hasn't really made any difference. Testing after the new fuel pump and seal kits gave much the same answer as before.

In an attempt to fix it in a cost effective way, he's now sourced and fitted two second hand injectors, but still the problem prevails, although it is better than it was. It's reached the point where I'm feeling unable to ask him for many more favours!

The pressure is being lost in the head, still. It seems impossible to find anyone who will test the injectors without sending them off for a few days. So what would you do now?

• Source and fit two more second hand injectors?
  • Throw money at the problem and get 4 new ones fitted?
  • Have someone take a look at the head?

Is there anything else the my Audi mechanic friend might have missed? (I doubt it) He seems very sure that having changed pump and seal kits it can only be either injectors or head issue. It's not showing any codes when plugged in.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,

Adam

Last edited:
really needs pluging in

diesel or petrol?

lpfp/prv issue if tfsi maybe?

Reactions: Adam Cordell
Engine code?

Reactions: Adam Cordell