New joiner

Hibbs

Reaction score
Hi. I've been lurking around here for a while but just thought I'd sign up properly!

At the minute, we've got 2 Audis in the house. An A6 S-line that's around for another 2 weeks and my garage queen - Mk1 3.2 Manual. I've been on the TT forum for a while, but new here! Here is the picture. Audi borrowed it to show for the launch of the Mk3. Since then it's so clean it's not been used much!!

Main problem is now what should I replace the A6 with?!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434310046754240

Reactions: Benash20
That's cool - did they clean it up for you?!

That's cool - did they clean it up for you?!
Yes. They did a full valet on it. Looked great and still hardly been out the garage since!!

To be fair, it wasn't too bad before. The guy who had the car before me was really into his detailing - something I've never been good at - but I really try with the TT. The A6 is a different story!

Looks lovely,

I'm a fellow lover of excessive detailing so make sure you try ur best with this one lol

:)

Mac

Will do mate. Promise lol.

It had a wash at the weekend but probably needs a wax and something on the plastics. Any recommendations on products to use on the grilles etc? Audi used some stuff that was black, but I'm not sure what it was.

Yeah get a good wax sealant on it once you've done a good clean and polish on it and then maintain paint with this -

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewBrand&brandId=11

Third item on top row (pink spray) - after a wax and for the next few months u can simply use this every few days to maintain its finish, for the price it's awesome and will take you no more then 15mins to do the car. I wax every 3-4 months months using this in between.

The site is pretty good for other products for other areas of the car too and I also recommend 'car pro' products and 'dodo juice'.

Mac

Cheers mate, I'll be putting in an order I think.

I've spent the last hour outside cleaning 3 wheels! Had a full refurb done on them a few weeks ago so have taken each one off, cleaned and waxed them to stop the brake dust taking hold. Can't do the last one as they seem to have used the air gun to fasten them. I'll have to order a wheel bar to get that off!

That said, the other 3 look pretty good. The neighbours must think I'm mad!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435692585796177

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435692601351585

Good work lol, looking good

CarPro do a product called 'iron x' - good for wheel grime.

Think my neighbours have used all the car cleaning lines they can on me now lol

Mac