New Magna rear Diff.

kayemill

Interesting article on the new rear Diff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"In the RS3’s case, the MVDC not only synchronises the two Torque Splitter control units but also the adaptive dampers and the individual torque control to the wheels."

Just noticed the above statement. So what if you don't have the adaptive dampers?

Daggerit

"In the RS3’s case, the MVDC not only synchronises the two Torque Splitter control units but also the adaptive dampers and the individual torque control to the wheels."

Just noticed the above statement. So what if you don't have the adaptive dampers?
Then it's just one less thing for it to adjust.

johnmv55

I changed from a launch edition fully loaded TTS to a TTRS without the adaptive dampers, not a great deal of difference in ride quality but start to push on fairly hard and the TTRS would dive more under brakes, roll more in the corners and generally not have the body control of the adaptive damper cars, a lot used to think in normal mode the adaptive dampers were 'off' that is not the case and the effect of them stiffening up for body control was more noticeable than in 'Sport Mode'

hef

I think if you don't have adaptive suspension; rs torque rear, rs individual and rs performance modes won't be available on the driver select.

Could be wrong but that's what it seems to imply on the configurator when you spec the DCC option

kayemill

I think if you don't have adaptive suspension; rs torque rear, rs individual and rs performance modes won't be available on the driver select.

Could be wrong but that's what it seems to imply on the configurator when you spec the DCC option
I really hope that's not the case.

hef

I really hope that's not the case.
Might be worth checking with your dealer....the wording here seems to imply these are extra driving modes.

I managed to add mine luckily

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211016-091815_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211016-091815_Samsung Internet.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 18

kayemill

Might be worth checking with your dealer....the wording here seems to imply these are extra driving modes.

Yeah it's a bit contradictory as this is the wording in standard car spec.

"- Audi Drive Select – changes your car’s handling and response at the touch of a button to suit the way you want to drive. Enables the driver to alter the engine or gear-shift characteristics, quattro drive system, exhaust flap control and steering feel between three pre-set modes: ‘Comfort’, ‘Auto’ and ‘Dynamic’ mode. There is also 3 addional RS-specific modes: 'RS Individual', 'RS Performance' and 'RS Torque rear'. "

johnmv55

Just use the configurator, pick a std car, dont add anything and print off the PDF, it will show:
Safety & technology 2H6 Audi drive select
I emailed them numerous times about this as even with the Vorsprung it seemed to imply the adaptive suspension only came with the £5K cermaic brake kit, it's very missleading :)

johnmv55

Interesting article on the new rear Diff.

Not 100% sure I believe that, how does it reduce torque sent to the front? As far as I am aware the basics says it can split torque 50/50 and the 50% going to the rear can be sent to one of the rear wheels, the only way it could reduce the front torque is by brake vectoring?

Audi has taken a different approach. Undisturbed, its system has a 50:50 torque split front to rear; and when more torque is needed at the rear for drifting, torque to the front is reduced.

T-1000

Gold Supporter
Not 100% sure I believe that, how does it reduce torque sent to the front? As far as I am aware the basics says it can split torque 50/50 and the 50% going to the rear can be sent to one of the rear wheels, the only way it could reduce the front torque is by brake vectoring?

Audi has taken a different approach. Undisturbed, its system has a 50:50 torque split front to rear; and when more torque is needed at the rear for drifting, torque to the front is reduced.

Just info, worth a read regardless.