New member - A3 8P 3.2 V6

DylanV6

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just joined the forum after buying myself an A3 8P (2004) at the weekend. I was looking for something as a runaround, as the main family wagon (A6 Avant) is often in use or so full of kids crap that I cant stand to be in it! :whistle2: (slight exaggeration, but i like to keep my cars clean.....)

Anyway, after not finding a VW Mk1 Caddy in my price range, or one that doesnt need a complete overhaul/rebuild (I already have a Mk1 project on the go) , I stumbled across a 3.2 V6 Quattro that has relatively low miles. Not the most economical of cars but I dont do alot of mileage so went for a look - turns out to be a VERY solid car, only some cosmetic tweaks to fix.

Im not (currently) planning to spend a huge amount on the car, but do want to make a few changes just to personalise it. I've had quite a few German cars before, including a couple Audis before, but this is my first A3. I've read plenty of warnings about older 3.2 V6's (timing chain/rust etc) but as mentioned the car is solid, very well serviced, and im reasonably handy with a spanner so fingers crossed. I havent had much time yet to read up/research the best places to buy parts for this car (this forum is proving useful so far), so i'd be very grateful if anyone can help me out with the following:

• Suspension: i'd like to lower the car a little, 30-40mm maybe. Most of my available funds are getting spent on my Mk1 project, so just looking for some lowering springs for now at least. KW (ST) sell a set for £184 plus shipping, anyone recommend these or others? (or have any that they'd sell?)
  • Wheels: i'll likely change the alloys - id like a set of S3 wheels ideally. Have seen a set in the classifieds not far from me, just waiting for my member privileges to kick in so that I can contact the seller to see if they are still available - please message me though if you have anything (18", reasonable condition+, with tyres preferably
  • Body: some cosmetic work to do, nothing major. I've already tried restoring the headlights with partial success, but would consider replacing them entirely if anyone can recommend something suitable. Primarily though, I'd like to change the front grille (as i know many people do) - just havent found anything for a 2004 model as yet - any ideas? Also need to source the paint code - V5 calls it silver but theres a definite blue tint...
Anyway, half the fun is in the research (to me at least) - any help on the above would be gratefully received but otherwise ill keep looking around when im able.

Cheers
Dylan

Can anyone advise how I can respond to classified posts? I currently have "insufficient privileges" to do so. I'd assumed that by becoming a site supporter (albeit a bronze one) this would fix it, but not so far at least.

Can anyone advise how I can respond to classified posts? I currently have "insufficient privileges" to do so. I'd assumed that by becoming a site supporter (albeit a bronze one) this would fix it, but not so far at least.
I will sort (also welcome to Audi-sport.net )

Reactions: DylanV6