New member, new car ordered :)

Tony1982

Reaction score
Hi all, as the title says I'm new to the forum and I've just ordered a new S3 Sportback with the following spec:

-2.0 TFSI Quattro S Tronic
-Glacier White
-18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels
-Super Sports seats: Black with silver stitching
-Black dash, carpet and headliner
-Advanced key
-Bang & Olufsen sound system
-Black styling pack
-Comfort pack - Auto dimming rear view mirror, light and rain sensor, windscreen with sunband and accoustic glass
-Cruise control
-Rear parking system
-Extended mono.pur interior finish
-Door mirrors- electrically adjustable folding and heated
-Inlays, 3D black design
-Sat Nav system - SD card based

I'm interested to see what you guys have to say about my choices, if you think i'm missing anything or chose something not worth it etc. I've got 5 months to wait for it so there's time for me to change a few things if needs be.

Welcome to the forum.

One thing I would suggest would be to get the privacy glass. Especially with glacier white and the black styling pack. Looks so good together.

Reactions: glospete and Blackwhite
Welcome along

I along with many other would also recommend the interior light pack. Pretty sure it's only about £175? :)

Hi Tony, welcome to audi-sport.net. +1 on the interior light pack. So the waiting begins, we will hopefully keep you busy with lots of reading till then. Where you located? Hope you enjoy the forum. :) x

Thanks for the replies guys, I did consider the privacy glass but with all the extras the price just kept climbing lol, that's not really an issue as I'm getting the car tax free and with an 8% discount (u don't want to know how cheap I'm getting it for lol) and it's something like £300 which I thought was a bit steep for tinted windows which I could get done professionally for a fraction of that. As for the interior light pack, I am definitely considering it as it is only cheap and the dealer really tried to sell it to me but at the time I saw it as quite pointless, it is growing on me though. Sandra at the moment I'm in Germany (British forces) hence the tax free and discount, will be picking the car up from Watford Audi when it's ready :)

@Tony1982 well hopefully on your return you can maybe attend some local meets. Take care. :) x

Nice spec there, you'll be very happy with that.
BTW the Adaptive Cruise Control goes well with S-Tronic

What's different with the adaptive compared to normal cruise control?

Adaptive cruse will adjust your speed depending on any objects in from of the car. There is a radar located just under the front number plate. It works really well, especially with s-tronic. If the car in front of you brakes to a stop your car will to, and then drive off again with out you having to touch anything

Adaptive has the crystal ball in the front grill, it has mystic powers

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Blackwhite and RYuill
Got the advanced key as I have it on my current motor and I think it's great

Is there any sort of phone/iPod connectivity without having the tech pack?

How though?

been all over the news... just google it or search the forum.. its crazy.. I would have specced it myself earlier in the year but all this stuff it put me off and saved me a few hundred quid

Well im not gonna say it's not possible or say the the whole smart key thing is the be all and end all but it always seems to be a story on the Internet or the news, like murder and natural disasters, never seems to be first hand from some one it's happened to or anyone people know. If a car thief wants to break in to a car or even steal one, it doesn't really matter if it's advanced keys or normal, they know what they are doing. And well that's why we have insurance.

And for that reason I'm in lol

Reactions: RYuill
Just make sure you get Gap insurance too ;)

Reactions: Tony1982
Well, after mulling over my options for pretty much the whole of last night and today Ive decided to change a few things on my order.

I've read hundreds of posts about the Advanced key and although it's not what people here say about it (good and bad), I've decided to remove the option, more so because of the massive increase of bad press on television and news articles that the guys on here have made me aware of. I'm still on the wave length that if your car is going to be stolen it will wether it has keyless or not, but after thinking about it (a lot) I'd rather save 400 odd quid and not give thieves the extra method of stealing the car for the sake of being a little bit lazy.

Onwards and upwards! Also decided to add the interior lighting pack as so many people on here say good things about it, I've added the privacy glass too and changed the rear parking system for the Audi Parking System Plus with reversing camera :)

My only problem now is I'm really undecided about my colour choice! I'm torn between my original choice of Glacier White with the Black styling pack or Sepang Blue with the chrome styling, I think I'm leaning toward the blue to be honest :ambivalence:

Plenty of time to decide though ;)

Decided on staying with Glacier White and removing the Black styling pack, also decided to remove the 3d black inlays. Seem to be changing my mind every 5 minutes!!! However this decision was made after seeing some pics online of a glacier white one without black pack, looked lovely and been comparing it to picks of others with black pack and Sepang blue ones. The dealer is gonna love me lol, already been to change things once already. Think I'm going to just forget about it now otherwise its going to be a long few months lol

Reactions: Blackwhite
Decided on staying with Glacier White and removing the Black styling pack, also decided to remove the 3d black inlays. Seem to be changing my mind every 5 minutes!!! However this decision was made after seeing some pics online of a glacier white one without black pack, looked lovely and been comparing it to picks of others with black pack and Sepang blue ones. The dealer is gonna love me lol, already been to change things once already. Think I'm going to just forget about it now otherwise its going to be a long few months lol

Yeah, good luck with trying to forget about it buddy! We've ALL tried that!

Just email them your changes and don't worry about how often you are changing things.

Enjoy the feeling of being able to specify your own motor :)

If you wait long enough some one will suggest every option in the sales brochure as a cant live without item.

Looks a great spec to me, particularly like the colour (I really do I had an 8V in Glacier and loved it) .

Mine is a very similar spec to yours.....was built last week and is currently at the port waiting for a boat. I weighed up Glacier White Vs Sepang. The blue will be hard to keep looking nice and show every mark. Went for the White in the end, can't wait.

The blue will be hard to keep looking nice and show every mark. Went for the White in the end, can't wait.
& you think white's gonna be easier? :think::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seriously tho; I do love the glacier white but not quite as much as sepango bleu ;) :D

Reactions: mcnallys