New member saying Hello

Santiago

Reaction score
Hi All

I am in the process of ordering a manual A3 Edition 1 in Navarro Blue. Order forms should be sent today. The dealer is estimating a delivery date of 24 June, but I suspect that might be optimistic.
To take advantage of Audi Finance’s “three months on us” (PCP) offer, the vehicle must be registered by the end of June apparently. That’s would be a bonus, but I’m not banking on it. Got a good deal anyway, I think. Regarding options, I have just added the C&S pack and the space-saver spare wheel. I am coming from a mk3 TTS, so quite a big step down in power. A few reasons behind this, but the very high spec (electric seats, matrix headlights, etc) should be nice compensation.

Welcome! - great choice of spec with the edition1 :) - its my favourite trim with all of the extras.

24th of June would be good, although I've heard people being given September dates so its all pretty delayed at the moment.

Fingers crossed you wont have to wait long.

You can check out my videos in the mean time to keep you excited :) https://youtube.com/c/crdchannel

all the best,

Auzzam (crd)

You are lucky. I ordered a s-line back in January with extras: Comfort, Ambient Lighting, Matrix Headlights, flat bottom Steering and have a penciled in build of Week 27(July). Not sure the reasons for variations in build dates and assume it is just down to the builds be requested.

Yeah, I have been 'shopping around' this last week and 'everyone' (DtD, Carwow, lease companies) have all been saying mid-July build/August delivery (which would still be good based on your experience) but the local Audi dealer seems to have an 'inside track' / reserved slots, so we'll see. The TTS is due back mid July, but the dealer will arrange a short contract extension with Audi finance (if necessary), so less hassle for me.

Hi All

I am in the process of ordering a manual A3 Edition 1 in Navarro Blue. Order forms should be sent today. The dealer is estimating a delivery date of 24 June, but I suspect that might be optimistic.
To take advantage of Audi Finance’s “three months on us” (PCP) offer, the vehicle must be registered by the end of June apparently. That’s would be a bonus, but I’m not banking on it. Got a good deal anyway, I think. Regarding options, I have just added the C&S pack and the space-saver spare wheel. I am coming from a mk3 TTS, so quite a big step down in power. A few reasons behind this, but the very high spec (electric seats, matrix headlights, etc) should be nice compensation.
Hi
Welcome to the forums.
Can I ask how you managed to order a space saver spare wheel as I’m told there is no option for it .

You are lucky. I ordered a s-line back in January with extras: Comfort, Ambient Lighting, Matrix Headlights, flat bottom Steering and have a penciled in build of Week 27(July). Not sure the reasons for variations in build dates and assume it is just down to the builds be requested.

great stuff, thats a great selection of upgrades, not far off an edition1.

New member here too.
Ordered a Q5 Vorsprung at the weekend, with added extras of manual towbar and storage pack. Dealer says likely delivery July, Audi UK say "13-16 weeks", which is a little earlier, but i'm not holding my breath.... Really looking forward to the adaptive air suspension, which apparently is very good.

Had a test drive of a SQ5, which was a hoot, but I couldn't really justify it.

Hi
Welcome to the forums.
Can I ask how you managed to order a space saver spare wheel as I’m told there is no option for it .

Thanks. Yep, its on the configurator under Equipment | Wheels / tyres: £145, including the jack and toolkit.
When I passed my options requirements to the dealer (over the phone) he just said "OK", and the item subsequently appeared on the order form (code = RER: 1G9)
Interestingly, when it appeared on the order it was priced at £120.83, so not sure what went on there, but not complaining. Recent price change?
It just replaces the so-called "tyre repair kit": aka a useless bottle of gunk!

Thanks. Yep, its on the configurator under Equipment | Wheels / tyres: £145, including the jack and toolkit.
When I passed my options requirements to the dealer (over the phone) he just said "OK", and the item subsequently appeared on the order form (code = RER: 1G9)
Interestingly, when it appeared on the order it was priced at £120.83, so not sure what went on there, but not complaining. Recent price change?

£120.83 is the wheel and jack and you then have to add 20% VAT = £145

I can only get it to configure if I spec a sport back no option on the saloon.
If I could get some part numbers then I’d order one from TPS

Yes all options are shown on the order form pre-tax so show as being cheaper than on the configurator.

What made you go for the manual over the s-tronic?

Yes all options are shown on the order form pre-tax so show as being cheaper than on the configurator.

What made you go for the manual over the s-tronic?
I just like manual cars. I know I am in a dwindling minority (and have no desire to start a debate on the subject!), but I just don't get on with semi-autos. I had one (DSG) a while back in a mk5 Golf GTI. I tried (very hard) to love it but gave up after a year and swapped it for a manual S3! Manual gearboxes in VAG (or BMW) cars are, of course, nowhere near as good as in (say) a Honda CTR or a Porsche Cayman, but still a better choice (for me) than a DSG/s-tronic. My partner has an s-tronic box (with paddle shifters) in her A1, which I do drive occasionally. She loves it, but it's just not for me, even in "manual mode". It amuses me somewhat that, with the exception of Porsche, German manufacturers have obviously decided that people don't want manual boxes in performance cars any more, but nearly every review I have read/seen on the new Golf R, the new GTI Clubsport, and the new BMW 128ti have said the same thing: "Real shame that you can't get it as a manual". Lol. I guess I might be 'forced' into an auto in 5 or 6 years time, but by then gears may have become irrelevant!

great stuff, thats a great selection of upgrades, not far off an edition1.
Auzzam,watched all you tube vivdeos great stuff)can you tell me how to get rear dancing lights to work.They worked the other day but now stopped.Someone suggested it's to do with interior light switch,have you heard of this.Keep up the good work.

Auzzam,watched all you tube vivdeos great stuff)can you tell me how to get rear dancing lights to work.They worked the other day but now stopped.Someone suggested it's to do with interior light switch,have you heard of this.Keep up the good work.
Thanks bud, they should work when unlocking and locking the car from memory (I no longer have the car to be able to test it for you)

I do remember though on my second A3 the lighting worked differently to the first one.

Is your car fitted with matrix lights? Otherwise I don't believe they will come with the pattern pre-installed.

Thanks bud, they should work when unlocking and locking the car from memory (I no longer have the car to be able to test it for you)

I do remember though on my second A3 the lighting worked differently to the first one.

Is your car fitted with matrix lights? Otherwise I don't believe they will come with the pattern pre-installed.
Thanks for reply,tried it in the dark last night with with headlights on auto,worked perfectly.Daytime don't work,I must be missing something.22 the edition 1 electric seats now but no memory switches.

Thanks for reply,tried it in the dark last night with with headlights on auto,worked perfectly.Daytime don't work,I must be missing something.22 the edition 1 electric seats now but no memory switches.
Yeah if I remember correctly you have to manually switch the lights on to get it to work during the daytime. No idea why my first A3 never did this (2020) but the second one did (2021) so I can only imagine it's some change in the way theyve programmed the lights.

Reactions: jimladallen