New model v old

SRC

Reaction score
I have a facelift version of the previous model (2014 sportback, 2.0TFSI quattro), remapped by AmD to c300bhp. I'm very happy with it but being a typical bloke, I've started looking at the newer model.
If you made the switch, what benefits did you see? And were there any backward steps - what did you miss about the old car?
Thanks!

I went from 2.0TDI Sline Quattro B8 to a 3.0TDI SLine B9.

Personally thought the B9 was a much better car all round. most noticeable difference was the tech such matrix led v xenons, acc, vc and the much larger screen in the centre of the dash. Down points were I preferred the rotors on b8 to thr star alloys on the b9 and initially the manual gearbox although after a short while i Preferred the auto box.

When you say newer, how new? If you are looking at the facelift b9.5them these come with a touchscreen rather than the wheel in the centre consol- personally think was a backward step but some people prefer it

Reactions: SRC
Interior in the B9’s is leagues above the B8 in terms of tech and quality I’d say. My mate has a B8.5 S5 and even he is jealous of my interior.

The B9 is quite future proof if you find the right spec car with things like matrix headlights, digital dash, heads up display, 360 cameras and adaptive cruise etc. Some are just nice to haves but I love them in my car.

Can’t compare driving or engine wise as I’ve never driven a B8 model before.

As for the Exterior and looks whilst the B8 has aged well it’d say the B9 wins there too, but it’s all personal preference.

Reactions: V6 Quatt and SRC