New Mods....A review

Very nice car N8.

I told myself I was moving to Audi away from VW so I wasn't tempted to mod, but I think it's going to be harder than I thought....

When are you down here Nath? Need to meet up and get some pics of the cars

Should be heading down to Nige's on Thursday afternoon if you're about?

Oooh ... that looks sweet! Do like the way it sits on those rims, and am loving the colour too. Are planning on changing the centre caps?

gotta say Nathan thats got to be the best looking a3 i've seen

I love everything you have done, the colour, the wheels, the ride height all looks amazing. Very well done N8.

Hi N8,

I'm new to A3 ownership, and just come across your car it's stunning m8!!

Can i ask a couple ok questions? The rear bumper is it standard sportback down to the last 2 pieces? then s3? or can you buy a s3 sportback vallance? My m8 has a 1.9tdi sb and bought the lower s3 part off ebay but it doesnt fit his standard vallance?
Also for myself i have a 53 3 door and like your wheels are they only avaliable oem?

Thanks in advance
Seanick

Standard S-Line 2008 bumper yeah, then you need the 2 pieces for the S3 valance. My wheels are Phaeton Helios and are £600 each without centre caps from VW.

N8

Thanks N8,

wheels look really good on your car but afraid out of my price range!!
Thanks for info on rear vallance will pass it on,if you bought it from audi can i ask if you remember what it cost

Cheers seanick

No worries thanks anyway he already has the diffuser style part but it wont fit the lower part of the bumper its a 57 plate sportback 1.9 tdi? looks like he needs to buy the s3 vallance between the bumper and diffuser? and hope it fits his bumper?:yes:

stunning comes to mind, looks awesome, one question if i may, the s3 duffieser has it caused any problems with the exhust? also i see that it is a 09+ part, did it fit on your orignal bumper or did you change it, also if you have a close up of the exhust would be great

stunning comes to mind, looks awesome, one question if i may, the s3 duffieser has it caused any problems with the exhust? also i see that it is a 09+ part, did it fit on your orignal bumper or did you change it, also if you have a close up of the exhust would be great

No problems whatsoever with the exhaust Khalil, although i may get it aligned slightly, as its not bang on in the middle :blush: Its the original 06> S-Line bumper with S3 Valance. I'll take some pics of the exhaust when I next clean the car, which is god knows when in this weather :(

Very tidy car but IMO it's too low and the brakes are a bit OTT for a remapped PD140.

Very tidy car but IMO it's too low and the brakes are a bit OTT for a remapped PD140.

Thanks Sem, so nice to know you'd be the first person to approve if I bought air ride then :yum:

The brakes are perfect now, as I felt the standard ones were W4NK, Mikey's 312mm ones are good, but wanted more bite, really happy with these :sm4: Plus they are sexy :wub:

Car looks absolutely stunning,
As you mentioned you can just see a colour difference on the rear valance,i think
akoya is one of the hardest colours to match up and i hope my painters manage to match
Lisa's up ok.
As with brakes,they look amazing and you can't have brakes that are to good,but then again not everything
we do is for practicality,some things are for show.

Keep up the good work,your my hero ;0)

Hi N8,

Sorry took so long to get back!! Have some photos but cant get em to upload??

His bumper is the same as the silver one in post #40 in the section where you can post pics of owners cars.

Regards Seanick

http://s1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/seanick1/A3 Stuff/?action=view&current=S3valance.jpgThanks,Hope this works?

A3bumper.jpg

S3valance.jpg

Oh he bought that valance from me, he's in the highlands? That bumper isn't the 07> S-Line rear bumper as there is no strip on those, also he needs the outer bit to go with that!

Lol, yup up here in the Highlands! What are the chances of that eh?
No the bumper is not off his car but i think its exactley the same?Too much snow to take pic.
His car is a 57 plate 1.9tdi sportback not a s-line.

Think he needs the outer bit and the next bit above the diffuser?

Not got any of them by any chance?

Seanick

He needs a new rear bumper, I just sold one that he's after......the outer bit is on my car right now, he'll need to get it from Audi or TPS.

Hi Guys/Gals :hi:

Thought I'd do a write up on a few mods I've done of late, rather than 4/5 threads ;). First of all, I would just like to say, being the well known wheel whore I am :laugh:, I'm still rocking the helios :) There are not many rims that come close for me, they just look immense on the ride :wub:

DSC06519800x600.jpg

Brakes

One of the big mods, I've had done recently are the R8 front brakes and S3 rears. There are only 5 of these R8 kits being made, and I have the first set in the UK :wub: The kit uses the R8 rear 4 pot Brembo caliper, a merc 350x32mm disc (not sure which one :confused:), Pagid DB9 pads (actually fitting a DB9), and braided lines. The stopping power is absolutley superb, the pedal is perfect, nice and progressive as opposed to touching it and flying through the windscreen :laugh:. But when you stomp on them, they do the job perfectly. They are a perfect match for the power I have on my car. Its a shame the spokes of the Helios are quite chunky as it hides most of the brakes, but you get the idea :wub:

Some pics:

DSC06522800x600.jpg

DSC06525800x600.jpg

DSC06530800x600.jpg

If you need any info about these brakes or others, pm me, as I can hook you up with the man who sorted these for me.

Remap

I also had the car remapped a few weeks ago by Shark Performance (Ben Wardle) in Mansfield. I'd been thinking about remapping the car for a long time, well 18 months :laugh:, Matt kept moaning at me to do, as he kept calling it a 1.1 :laugh: and always had P-Torque in mind. But I'd starting talking to Ben about clusters first of all, then we started talking about maps.

Ben just impressed me with his helpful attitude, always going out of his way to find information for me, and just his general knowledge on tuning/cars. Ben offered me a cracking deal, so I chose him.

Went to see him in Mansfield, we spoke about what I wanted from the map, which was clean, consistant power, available all the way across the rev range. We went out for a drive, so he could log and analyze the car in standard, then he put his map on it, again, test drove, analyzed, he wasn't happy with the top end. So we put the final map on, which was the ONE :wub:

He said to me it needed a full tank for the ECU to adjust properly, thats when you'll start seeing full benefits. Well I can tell you, I was seeing full benefits on the way home :laugh:. It was like driving a different car, the power is so well distributed across the rev range, it just pulls all the way to the red line. To be honest, the car feels even quicker at top end, it just keeps pulling and pulling and pulling. Ben's maps are absolutley fantastic, I have 100% confidence in the product he's selling, and recommend him to anybody!

Steering Wheel

To be honest, this is the favourite mod I've done recently :wub:. It really does transform the driving experience :laugh:. The wheel is so much chunkier than the regular (poverty :laugh:) Flat Bottom Wheel. Not much different to look at (only slightly), once you've driven with it (as Nigel can verify) you'll understand.

DSC06536800x600.jpg

DSC06535800x600.jpg

Oh & a better pic of the cluster :wub:

DSC06539800x600.jpg

I've also fitted the S3 Sportback Rear Valance as well, need to sort the paint out when I get the side skirts, with Akoya, some angles its all the same colour, then other angles its slightly out, even though same paint code used etc :mad:

DSC06533800x600.jpg

Matt also fitted some really nice LED footwell lights and the same at the bottom of the doors:

DSC06543800x600.jpg

Thats all really, sorry for waffling on :moa:

N8

n8!! Did your rear valance fit ok to your original sportback bumper? I'm struggling to get mine to fit right, can u offer any help?