New mot rules emission dpf delete query

Miker1bike

Reaction score
2006 2.0 tdi 170bhp
Had my dpf removed and gutted and rewelded about 18 months ago along with a remap and egr delete been really happy with the results but am now worried about the new mot laws !
Mot due next month will probably see what happens but if it does fail can I just fit a new dpf or will the remap need to be redone ?
Also how long can I drive it between fitting a dpf and getting the dpf delete reprogrammed in the ecu because at the moment it obviously won't do a regreneration ?

Why didn't you book it in before Monday ?

What does it blow and what's your VIN value ?

If it does fail " you " won't be able to do anything.
You can't take the car away from the test centre.

No DPF or a tampered DPF is an MOT failure. I personally wouldn't contemplate taking the car anywhere for an illegal inspection.

It now states: “You can take your vehicle away if your MOT certificate is still valid.”

Beware, though – if you do drive your car away it is technically unroadworthy. If you were to be caught driving a dangerous vehicle, you could be prosecuted – and you definitely can’t plead ignorance if you have an MoT fail she

If it does fail " you " won't be able to do anything.
You can't take the car away from the test centre.

You can if the current MOT is still valid, even if it's a day more than the test date it may have just failed on.

official info from Gov.

Failing the MOT
Your vehicle will fail if the test result lists ‘dangerous’ or ‘major’ problems with your vehicle. You might not be allowed to drive until you fix the problems.

You might also get a list of ‘minor’ or ‘advisory’ problems to monitor or fix in the future.

If your vehicle fails the MOT:

You can appeal the result if you think it’s wrong.

Driving a vehicle that’s failed
You can take your vehicle away if:

• your current MOT certificate is still valid
  • no ‘dangerous’ problems were listed in the MOT
Otherwise, you’ll need to get it repaired before you can drive.

If you can take your vehicle away, it must still meet the minimum standards of roadworthiness at all times.

You can be fined up to £2,500, be banned from driving and get 3 penalty points for driving a vehicle that has failed its MOT because of a ‘dangerous’ problem.

Not sure how an MOT centre could actually enforce retaining your car, also could lead to price rigging at the garage that failed it as they have your car and know you need it fixing , so may well just be upping cost and parts and ripping of the motorist again.

Reactions: WesT-gefül