New MY2020 Facelift...

Perhaps this guy will bring some common sense back to Audi https://www.autoblog.com/2019/09/14/markus-duesmann-audi-ceo-bmw-departure/
His take-up date is April 1, believe it or not. ROFL!!!!!!

"...Wolfsburg-based VW is on the lookout for clean-engine expertise as it struggles to overcome an emissions scandal that originated in Audi's engine development department..."

So does one interpret that VW Group has yet to fully clean-up its diesels - bodes well for the 'S' TDi's.
It's all Audi's fault!!!
If he is the right man, Australia has 127m reasons to employ him:
https://www.9news.com.au/national/v...ted-news/845c2526-e3ad-410e-90bb-d1c9a679b27d

Reactions: cuke2u and tickedon
Really not a great loss, Mercedes are subscription based for some of it's services too. However we still do pay for the services with Audi, it's just factored into the cost of the car....

His take-up date is April 1, believe it or not. ROFL!!!!!!

"...Wolfsburg-based VW is on the lookout for clean-engine expertise as it struggles to overcome an emissions scandal that originated in Audi's engine development department..."

So does one interpret that VW Group has yet to fully clean-up its diesels - bodes well for the 'S' TDi's.
It's all Audi's fault!!!
If he is the right man, Australia has 127m reasons to employ him:
https://www.9news.com.au/national/v...ted-news/845c2526-e3ad-410e-90bb-d1c9a679b27d
Amazing that here in the UK no owner of a dieselgate VAG product is being compensated to my knowledge....

This week's Autocar has the S4 TDI saloon road test. 4 stars overall. Quicker than its previous S5 petrol road test in every single set of figures, whether from stationary or in gear, including:
S4 TDI S5
0-60 4.6 4.9
0-100 11.5 11.7
30-70 4.1 4.4
30-70 (4th gear) 5.2 6.2

I don't think there is anyone would argue it would not be fast, the issues are more about having the manner in which the power is delivered, diesel being the only choice and the cheap looking design 'features' Audi have designed in to the fl A4...

Last edited:
This week's Autocar has the S4 TDI saloon road test. 4 stars overall. Quicker than its previous S5 petrol road test in every single set of figures, whether from stationary or in gear, including:
S4 TDI S5
0-60 4.6 4.9
0-100 11.5 11.7
30-70 4.1 4.4
30-70 (4th gear) 5.2 6.2
As expected really. Faster and cheaper to run. But I have absolutely no desire to have one after my petrol one. The only thing that would put me in one is if the sub 300 a month leases came back ( they wont).
Fake exhausts, fake sound, no MMI wheel, that HUGE screen stuck on the dash, fussy front end design, cant spec individual options now, notable price increases etc etc.
I tried to see if Liverpool Audi had one in but they dont as yet so I could see it in the metal but they dont.
The new S6 isnt shifting - they hit the trader at 70k and some are now at 47k. S4 is around 53k at min with discount already let's see if these tumble over the coming month or so.

Reactions: Tipp55, SiPie and cuke2u
Reactions: Daggerit and tickedon
I was thinking that the M340 touring would be a good option but at the moment I'd be paying something ridiculous like £800 a month with the same deposit as the S4 which ended up just under £600 a month. Mad money.

I was thinking that the M340 touring would be a good option but at the moment I'd be paying something ridiculous like £800 a month with the same deposit as the S4 which ended up just under £600 a month. Mad money.

Yeah mate - have to admit I am worried when it comes to replacement time. Im on 374 a month for my S5 and its quite a good spec. Wont be able to get anything like it for the money come Aug next year. Just enquired about a CLA35 lease deal but has to be delivered by April.

I'm just hoping that they start handing out some really decent lease deals in a year or two when I can jump on it nice and easily!

That’s what I paid for my S4 with almost all the options available only a couple years ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Simonwhite2000

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191005-132504_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191005-132504_Chrome.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 312
Reactions: cuke2u
You can pick up a new Audi with 19% discount from coast2coast. No matrix though :-(

Only 1000 miles difference between the cars but £7k difference in asking price?! Just shows how crap the depreciation is on them I guess...

Amazing that here in the UK no owner of a dieselgate VAG product is being compensated to my knowledge....

It's about to hit the courts. Group claim with Leigh Day lawyers. The value of my "dieselgate" Tiguan dropped by £2k overnight so I'd like some of that back thanks!

Initial observations from the latest facelift, ditched the rotary wheel (we'll make cars safer but actually more dangerous at the same time by having touch screen and voice control is never good enough), no electric seats available, no space saver wheel option, no matrix headlights, leather up by £195 (from my 16 plate), wheel choices are worse (my opinion), Ad blue 24 litre tank now £60 was no cost option.

Now standard virtual cockpit, privacy glass, heated seats, folding/dimming mirrors, 36 month Audi connect subscription, parking plus system, rear view camera.

Obviously specs differ, just what stands out from my 16 plate order. Although this is a 2.0TDI Quattro S Line not 3.0TDI Quattro S Line as I have. As for the facelift I'm confused over a second face lift on the same gen car. Been better to just up the standard equipment than tinker with the outside, maybe offer a decent couple of paint choices instead.

Considering GLB 220D 4Matic or 330d X Drive as have to change in March.

Reactions: tickedon and Simonwhite2000
Is a bit of a shame that most of the new facelifts are getting such bad comments, seems the ‘innovation’ is more about saving money and mass producing faster rather than giving the individual exactly what they want.
Granted I don’t have the money to buy a 45k car outright but even if I did I’d definitely still be looking at slightly older cars, 2015-2018 seems to be the best shape/price/quality of the newer style Audi’s. I drive a 59 plate S3 and not once have I thought it was boring or ugly or overpriced, obviously it’s only my opinion and a lot of people on here just want the newest numberplate, but in the wise words of Will Smith “if it ain’t broke then don’t try to fix it”

Reactions: Tipp55, tickedon and Jcbmally
Is a bit of a shame that most of the new facelifts are getting such bad comments, seems the ‘innovation’ is more about saving money and mass producing faster rather than giving the individual exactly what they want.
Granted I don’t have the money to buy a 45k car outright but even if I did I’d definitely still be looking at slightly older cars, 2015-2018 seems to be the best shape/price/quality of the newer style Audi’s. I drive a 59 plate S3 and not once have I thought it was boring or ugly or overpriced, obviously it’s only my opinion and a lot of people on here just want the newest numberplate, but in the wise words of Will Smith “if it ain’t broke then don’t try to fix it”

Car makers are too focussed on adding tech and toys to cars instead of focussing on getting the basics spot on. Build quality and reliability should be the main focus, get those right then add tech that drivers actually want and need. So much stuff on cars is just a gimmick to attract attention but in the real world serves no functional purpose. Sensors for everything can also play havoc with the car shutting down or cutting power when there isn't actually anything wrong. Then there's the seemingly constant "bonging" to alert you to something or other, this is just another distraction that diverts your attention from the road. The best research companies could do is to actually listen to owners and make improvements and changes based upon that feedback. Car magazines, websites and TV programs reviewing a car to a large degree means naff all, they get a brand new car, usually loading with every conceivable option and drive it for a very short period of time. This doesn't tell you anything about reliability or what it's really like to live with long term. Even the odd "long term" review some reviewers do aren't a true reflection of people running it as their actual car.

I used to enjoy looking for a new car, now it's just a hassle of confused specs, useless tech which rockets the price up for stuff that isn't actually needed or wanted.

Rant over lol.

Reactions: SiPie, Tipp55, Tripper and 2 others
Don’t know, but Drive the Deal are already offering some whopping discounts on the new S4... Spec’d one up today and it was showing 22% off!

Reactions: tickedon