New nardo RS3

Dtwm1

Reaction score
I'll start the story from the beginning. I had a 2014 '64 a3 s-line 2.0tdi but after leaving uni landed myself a pretty decent job with the company I had been an intern with. It's a well paying job on an s3 was on the cards. I visited my local dealer a month ago and was talked into test driving an RS3 as on a PCP its was do-able. However, being 23 and a clean license my insurance was still a joke. I was gutted. I'd have to wait till September 2016 to get another years no claims.
On Saturday I rang the salesman I'd been dealing with and asked with the current lead times when should I order. He said I can order at anytime and change the date of requirement. With that in mind I went along on Saturday afternoon to place my order for 2016.

Whilst sat there drinking all the free tea and coffee I could (typical northerner) the sales manager appears to say they have a cancelled customer order, he cancelled after the cut off date so the car was delivered. I again explained my predicament with my insurance and he agreed to discount the car the difference between my insurance now and with another years to claims. The spec wasn exactly was i was hoping to order but pretty much bang on. Sensing a deal was on the cards I played on the fact it's wasn't the perfect spec. In the end they let me take out their demo again to make sure it was the perfect car for me. Once I got back to cut a long story short the dealership were 4 cars short of their November targets, knowing this I went for the kill asking for a huge discount hoping we could meet in the middle somewhere and to my shock they agreed.
I had to sweat it out with VW finance Sunday as it's not normal for a 23 year old lad to want a £46k car. I didn't find out till 1pm on Monday the deal was on. I had to quickly escape from work to collect it.

I can't get over the car, the looks, sounds, feel of the alcantara steeting wheel. Anyways here it is...

Reactions: Scottyg, mister.c., THQuattro and 14 others
Looks amazing! Perfect colour combo there!! :)

Any more pics?

Reactions: Dtwm1
Wow.. fantastic effort mate. Well done!!

Yes as above we need more pics!!!!!! lol

Reactions: Dtwm1 and jimojameso
wow .... great back story and super deal and negotiation skills to bag yourself a great car .... without the waiting time !

fantastic ! ... .so what the spec of the car and more pics please :)

Reactions: Dtwm1 and Rs1
I'll start the story from the beginning. I had a 2014 '64 a3 s-line 2.0tdi but after leaving uni landed myself a pretty decent job with the company I had been an intern with. It's a well paying job on an s3 was on the cards. I visited my local dealer a month ago and was talked into test driving an RS3 as on a PCP its was do-able. However, being 23 and a clean license my insurance was still a joke. I was gutted. I'd have to wait till September 2016 to get another years no claims.
On Saturday I rang the salesman I'd been dealing with and asked with the current lead times when should I order. He said I can order at anytime and change the date of requirement. With that in mind I went along on Saturday afternoon to place my order for 2016.

Whilst sat there drinking all the free tea and coffee I could (typical northerner) the sales manager appears to say they have a cancelled customer order, he cancelled after the cut off date so the car was delivered. I again explained my predicament with my insurance and he agreed to discount the car the difference between my insurance now and with another years to claims. The spec wasn exactly was i was hoping to order but pretty much bang on. Sensing a deal was on the cards I played on the fact it's wasn't the perfect spec. In the end they let me take out their demo again to make sure it was the perfect car for me. Once I got back to cut a long story short the dealership were 4 cars short of their November targets, knowing this I went for the kill asking for a huge discount hoping we could meet in the middle somewhere and to my shock they agreed.
I had to sweat it out with VW finance Sunday as it's not normal for a 23 year old lad to want a £46k car. I didn't find out till 1pm on Monday the deal was on. I had to quickly escape from work to collect it.

I can't get over the car, the looks, sounds, feel of the alcantara steeting wheel. Anyways here it is... View attachment 74170
@Dtwm1 - RS3 looks stunning mate! Congrats

Best and fastest colour ;) well played! At just 23 you're making me feel very old!

TX.

Reactions: Dtwm1 and jimojameso
That was fantastic, for 23 years old being able to negotiate such a cracking deal is amazing. I hope you enjoy the car and we all be sitting here with our finger over the F5 button for more pics please. :) x

Reactions: Dtwm1, Ghost and Snake Pliskin
Epic story lol fair play to you. Lovely looking motor, more pics are needed.

Thank you all for the kind words!!

So if I can remember correctly the spec is:
Dynamic pack
Titanium wheels
Black styling pack
Red callipers
Parking sensors front and back
Audi sound system
Non-smoking pack
Black mirror caps
Folding mirrors
Mono-pur (not sure if that was standard)

The major things I would of added would of been comfort and sound pack and SS seats with red stiching but *** seems pretty good and I may retrofit cruise at some point.

As it was only 3 hours from finance approval till collection they didn't have time to install the SD based nav. Also, in the excitement of it all I forgot to ask them not to prep it so I have a few swirl marks on the wing mirror caps and rear bumper. I was pretty reasonable and mature about it as was the dealer and agreed for them to keep the car for the day to rectify the paint work whilst installing the satnav. I thought that was the best way of doing it so if they can't do it I have reasonable grounds to go to a detailer at their expense.

The weather up here in Lancashire isn't doing anything for its looks but here a couple from when I first saw it on Saturday pre-pdi with suspension blocks in. I'll get some proper ones over the weekend.

Reactions: Scottyg, Snake Pliskin and AndyB-S3
Congratulations on your new car - enjoy.

I can't get over the car, the looks, sounds, feel of the alcantara steeting wheel. Anyways here it is... View attachment 74170
Hi well done on such a nice car I am the same age as yourself and I am just interested on how much your paying to insure the RS3 as an S3 owner looking to get the RS next year thanks.

Congrats, Nardo is really starting to grow on me, car looks ace!

You are also lucky with timing, i also thought Dealers worked off quarterly targets, well BMW do and their Q4 is December. is Audi on a different timing?

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Hi well done on such a nice car I am the same age as yourself and I am just interested on how much your paying to insure the RS3 as an S3 owner looking to get the RS next year thanks.
As with everything insurance it's very hard to compare but it's around £1200. It annoyed me that I've recently moved to a small town near to Harrogate, North Yorkshire but have been cursed with a BD (Bradford) postcode despite living about an hour away and Harrogate only 15 minutes away with a much cheaper HG postcode. Compared to hone near Blackpool the BD 'tax' is about £300.

Congrats, Nardo is really starting to grow on me, car looks ace!

You are also lucky with timing, i also thought Dealers worked off quarterly targets, well BMW do and their Q4 is December. is Audi on a different timing?
I might of been sold a load of BS but a colleague had a pretty similar situation with an s1 in November too and I've probably got one of the most discounted RS3's judging by other posts/carwow

Stunning car. Loving the colour even more. To say I'm jealous is an understatement. Enjoy and please keep your licence.

The insurance quotes I've been getting on the RS3 is about £700 and I'm 22.

The insurance on my S3 is £550.

Awesome car by the way dude

I might of been sold a load of BS but a colleague had a pretty similar situation with an s1 in November too and I've probably got one of the most discounted RS3's judging by other posts/carwow

Please do share your discount, if you don't mind, its always good when somebody is there at the right place, right time!
Carwow is not that great, on another thread about discounts, the best discounts were up at 7%ish - or £3.5k off a £48k car...

Please do share your discount, if you don't mind, its always good when somebody is there at the right place, right time!
Carwow is not that great, on another thread about discounts, the best discounts were up at 7%ish - or £3.5k off a £48k car...
Not to be awkward but I've been kindly asked by my dealer not to plaster exact numbers all over forums. In the thread you have my reg and know where I live so wouldn't take a genius to work out where it's from. I also don't want to annoy anyone with a car on order who may of not have such a good deal.

Reactions: jimojameso
Definitely a marmite colour but it's also grown on me since seeing a few at ADI .

20151018_082601-jpg.71221

Remember someone saying on here , "There is nothing like Nardo grey."

So this happened yesterday...

2015 12 06 092817

All I need now is a RS3 badge
icon_shysterical.gif

It's from Tesco if anyone wants a Nardo mug , lol .

Reactions: Wango, RMJ891 and jimojameso