New Number Plates - How To Fix?

Spuggy1uk

Reaction score
Just got a set of new plates as I'm not keen on the advertising all over the bottom of originals, and wanted a 'cleaner' look. I'm hoping to fix them on with the 3M double-sided foam tape (or similar?) and not the screws.
The front should be fine, but the rear one has a large foam panel between the plate and the boot lid. Any ideas on how to fix the new rear plate, will I have to scrape off the existing foam first?
Cheers.

i bought a cradle for mine as i have the gel resin plates and didnt want to drill through the letters, something like this Amazon product

That's what I have at the moment as a temporary fix, but I prefer the cleaner, flat look of the adhesive tape. Also, the plate holders cover the 'legal' stuff at the bottom of mine.

Does the number plate just clip in?
On the ones I have the bottom strip unclips and the plate slides up into it, held tight by recesses at the top and sides. Then the bottom strip clips back into place to stop the plate from dropping out. This is how the Europeans fix their plates.

On the ones I have the bottom strip unclips and the plate slides up into it, held tight by recesses at the top and sides. Then the bottom strip clips back into place to stop the plate from dropping out. This is how the Europeans fix their plates.
Thanks for the reply ,I will have a look.

That's what I have at the moment as a temporary fix, but I prefer the cleaner, flat look of the adhesive tape. Also, the plate holders cover the 'legal' stuff at the bottom of mine.
the ones i have unclip from the top and the bottom, they kind of meet at the sides