New Order

Gazjs

Reaction score
Test drove today and then specced up the below. Not ordered yet, as was wanting to play about with some options.

Currently sitting at:

S3 Quattro - Sportback
Manual
Sepang blue
Black interior (standard heated seats)

Comfort package (standard sat nav)
Electrically folding mirrors
Interior lighting pack
Privacy glass
Rear side airbags
Black styling pack

Anyone any advice on further options or cons of the above?

Hold assist is a must especially with the manual @ £90 you'll regret not getting it

Reactions: cpc_s3, Daveotto and Gazjs
I'd upgrade the sound system if it was me.

Reactions: Daveotto, Thechase, andrew swift and 2 others
I got a free upgrade to the 'Audi Sound System'....soon find out what it's like when my S3 arrives ....but I would agree, if you could afford it

That's all I've got (Audi sound system) and I think it was well worth the £250 (ish)

Reactions: Gazjs and SW14NY'S
I'd upgrade the sound system if it was me.
:iagree: Ordering mine tomorrow with b&o. At least get audi sound system unless you love your tunes then splash out. Apart from that nice spec! I see you're a manual bloke. Something about real men drive manuals? :blahblah1:

Reactions: Gazjs, Sandra and SW14NY'S
Sportback + black styling pack + privacy glass = black roof rails ?

Reactions: Gazjs
Tried to multi quote but couldnt quite figure it out on the phone!

Does hold assist just remove the need to use the handbrake? (From my understanding)

Upgrading the sound system is something I enquired about. I think the general consensus was that the B&O was a lot of money for not very much in return? Never though about the Audi sound system. In my old SE I had just the standard system and seemed not too bad?

Had to be manual :p don't feel like I am actually driving when in an automatic. Although I do see the purpose of it for those that like it :D

The model I test drove had the black roof rails, I wouldn't say I really noticed them too much. Will need to look into that one.

Looking through the catalogue again, I am now thinking on the super sport seats, anyone else specced these?

Don't think there is much else I have missed.

Upgrading the sound system is something I enquired about. I think the general consensus was that the B&O was a lot of money for not very much in return? Never though about the Audi sound system. In my old SE I had just the standard system and seemed not too bad?

I agree the B & O is a large amount of money (although it is worth it) but the difference between the base unit and the Audi Sound System really is worth the £250ish. If you look on these forums there are quite a few posts from people saying they wish they had upgraded the sound system. Some have even spent both money and time retro upgrading the base system.

Simply this if your into music in a big way go bang&olufsen if not Audi sound system
As for roof rails some don't some do like them simples l love them
DSC 0170
DSC 0209

Reactions: cpc_s3, Gazjs, Lhasa2008 and 1 other person
From everything I've heard (no pun intended), the *** is a very good value upgrade.

Frankly it should be standard, if not across the whole range then certainly on the S3 at least, much as they've recently made the basic SD nav standard.

Reactions: Gazjs and Trevolly
Another vote for ***.
On a manual I would also go for hold assist.
Think about lumbar support if you do long journeys.
I really loving my lunar alcantara interior, in case you did not think of it.
Otherwise nice spec.

All Audi 8V A3's and S3's, Manual or S-tronic, come with Hill Hold as Standard.

This will hold you on an incline, for around 2 seconds, when you take your foot off the brake and take up the drive with clutch and throttle (or in the case of S-tronic, when you release the foot brake, there is no roll-back for around 2 secs).

If this is the functionality you are after, there is no need to spec anything else.

The £90 Hold Assist option does something else entirely.
(including blinding the people behind with brake lights ;))

More on Hill Hold (Standard) and Hold Assist (Option) in the FAQ:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...guides-on-the-8v-chassis.198794/#post-2286206

Last edited:
Reactions: richinsoton and Gazjs
As the man says above you don't need hold assist, the 2secs is more than enough.
Mine is manual and I have similar (basicish) spec, I would recommend audi sound system (but not B&O as for me the price difference isn't value for money). I have alcantara which I think is nicer/better than the leather.
Extended warranty to 5years is pretty good value.

Don't have hold assist, personally cant see the point you still have to press a button, so why not use the handbrake, it releases automatically too.

Forgot about the five year warranty.
That was a must have for me. Even a small fault and you have your money back....
Of course only any good if you keep it five years which I plan to. Though selling private it would be a good selling point....

, I am now thinking on the super sport seats, anyone else specced these?

Yep :)

Really nice and comfy supportive seats, IMO so much better side bolsters than standard seats.

I agree the B & O is a large amount of money (although it is worth it) but the difference between the base unit and the Audi Sound System really is worth the £250ish. If you look on these forums there are quite a few posts from people saying they wish they had upgraded the sound system. Some have even spent both money and time retro upgrading the base system.

I may ask the dealer to turn on a few sound systems in stock cars to hear the difference. It does seem to be something that has came up over and over again on this topic alone.

OP - Come from it a different way:

This is a thread from existing owners, about options they wouldn't bother with next time:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/regretted-options.257801/

Thanks, will enjoy having a read through that :D

Yep :)

Really nice and comfy supportive seats, IMO so much better side bolsters than standard seats.

I hadn't seen them in the showroom, but the catalogue does make them really stand out.

Another thing is, the weather wasn't great when I was driving, snow etc. on the ground. The salesman said the car would be best driving in comfort mode for these reasons. He did however report of how fun the dynamic mode was, and of the exhaust "pop", which was achieved.

Is this change in note really noticeable?

So the car was ordered on Tuesday, so now the excitement can build :D

How long usually until you are provided a build week?

Changed the spec slightly, and going to the dealers on Friday to see the difference in the audio options and roof rails.

S3 quattro - Sportback
Manual
Sepang blue

Interior lighting pack
Privacy glass
Black styling pack

Not a lot of optional spec, but covers everything I need, hopefully bulk it up with an audio option and roof rails

Reactions: Lhasa2008 and SW14NY'S
Have went with the advice and added Audi Sound System :D the system in the boot dosent remove the spare wheel though?

Got build week 8 so not too long a wait.

Got the weekend to decide on sunroof now, but have read about squeaks?

Just checked online and found that mine has been pushed back a week :(
Estimate to start is now 15th feb - is that build week 8?

I guess there's a bit of a backlog or something ?

Have went with the advice and added Audi Sound System :D the system in the boot dosent remove the spare wheel though?

Got build week 8 so not too long a wait.

Got the weekend to decide on sunroof now, but have read about squeaks?

I believe the speaker sits inside the spare wheel.

Not a big fan of sunroofs, just more to go wrong, and more places for leaks! Seems like an expensive option IMO.

What about the 'Hill Hold Assist' ? For £90 and being a manual you might want to add this.

Don't fancy it, as good as it sounds, I don't mind sticking the handbrake on if need be. I have a daily runner for sitting in the traffic :D

Just checked online and found that mine has been pushed back a week :(
Estimate to start is now 15th feb - is that build week 8?

I guess there's a bit of a backlog or something ?

I don't think there is a back log. When I went into the dealer I was week 11. Added *** and dropped to week 8.

Yeah, you must be week 7 or 8 also. I was informed would be around the end of March for collection.

I believe the speaker sits inside the spare wheel.

Not a big fan of sunroofs, just more to go wrong, and more places for leaks! Seems like an expensive option IMO.

That's good, wouldn't like to loose the wheel.

I wasent too keen on it, and heard reviews of it squeaking. Seen it today though and it did look good. Although expensive, I'm sure it would add value down the line.

Reactions: Lhasa2008 and SW14NY'S
Signed up to "MyAudi" today. Was surprised to see that listed on the spec was electric drivers seat with memory function, storage and luggage pack, and luggage.

Are these standard?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 146
Signed up to "MyAudi" today. Was surprised to see that listed on the spec was electric drivers seat with memory function, storage and luggage pack, and luggage.

Are these standard?

storage and luggage pack is standard, but I noticed mine is listed with the seat memory thing too :)
Which isn't mentioned in the sales brochure!

Hmmm interesting

Will be a nice bonus if you get an electric drivers seat free of charge!

Are these standard?
Dont be complaining!! :rockwoot:

Definitely won't be complaining. Hopefully it isn't just a mistake on the account :p

Reactions: RyyC
My order also says memory seat. Currently in the panel shop. Hopefully not a mistake as would be a nice addition....

As far as l am aware of, Audi's electric seats in the A3 dont have a memory function/button

So the car was ordered on Tuesday, so now the excitement can build :D

How long usually until you are provided a build week?

Changed the spec slightly, and going to the dealers on Friday to see the difference in the audio options and roof rails.

S3 quattro - Sportback
Manual
Sepang blue

Interior lighting pack
Privacy glass
Black styling pack

Not a lot of optional spec, but covers everything I need, hopefully bulk it up with an audio option and roof rails

l personally wouldnt do the normal dull grey/black S3 seats mate....*** is a must

l personally wouldnt do the normal dull grey/black S3 seats mate....*** is a must

Really want lunar silver leather seats but i dont know whether i can trust my untidy careless friends...

They even managed to ruin my current cloth seats

Think i may need to set some seriously strict guidelines if i go for it!
:rulez:

Reactions: Gazjs and Jassyo06
Mine also mentioned the memory seats, but this was removed from the spec once it left the factory...

Reactions: Lhasa2008