Facelift New order!

cemerson

Reaction score
Placed an order last night for a facelift A3 to replace my current 8V. Spec is in my signature... looking at a March delivery hopefully!

Reactions: Rob2k68, h5djr, TDI-line and 7 others
Placed an order last night for a facelift A3 to replace my current 8V. Spec is in my signature... looking at a March delivery hopefully!

Can't see it via my phone

Reactions: pburv, Simon L and Sandra
Can't see it via my phone
There we go Jassy.
S-Line 2.0 TDI 184 S-Tronic Quattro Sportback in Cosmos Blue, advanced key, comfort & sound pack (b&o sound system, heated front seats), driver assist pack (ACC, lane assist, high-beam assist, pre-sense front, traffic sign recognition), folding & auto-dimming mirrors, hold assist, leather/alcantara seats, matrix LED exterior lighting pack, park assist, rear-view camera, side assist with traffic jam assist, tech pack advanced (virtual cockpit, MMI nav plus, MMI touch, audi connect, audi phone box), tow bar

Reactions: cemerson, TDI-line, pburv and 4 others
Very nice spec and colour. Very good choice. :)

Reactions: cemerson and pburv
Congrats, nice looking spec

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
Congratulations. I will be ordering a new 184 TDI myself early next week to replace my current 184. Not the same spec as you but with the same great engine, s-tronic and quattro + £5k worth of options and in Floret Silver. Just finished sorting out a deal with my usual dealer. Decided to try a PCP this time. 11.35% discount, £5000 PCP deposit, £395 per month over 48 months and a cheque from them for £10,000.

We will no doubt be getting our new cars around the same time, along with TDI-Line as well.

Reactions: cemerson, TDI-line, Sandra and 1 other person
There we go Jassy.
S-Line 2.0 TDI 184 S-Tronic Quattro Sportback in Cosmos Blue, advanced key, comfort & sound pack (b&o sound system, heated front seats), driver assist pack (ACC, lane assist, high-beam assist, pre-sense front, traffic sign recognition), folding & auto-dimming mirrors, hold assist, leather/alcantara seats, matrix LED exterior lighting pack, park assist, rear-view camera, side assist with traffic jam assist, tech pack advanced (virtual cockpit, MMI nav plus, MMI touch, audi connect, audi phone box), tow bar

Well thank-you Hunny Bunny lol X

Reactions: TDI-line, pburv and Sandra
There we go Jassy.

That's full of options..... and if it's on a pcp...... **** it's gotta a be a keeper..... for the payment period
.....negative equity written all over it if you don't

Reactions: pburv and Simon L

Nice spec, was there anything left on the options list.. :laughing:

Reactions: Pook, TDI-line, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Nice spec, was there anything left on the options list.. :laughing:

If my son sold a car like that on a Monday with the same spec....he could take the rest of the week off....lol

Reactions: Pook, Simon L, pburv and 1 other person
Congratulations. I will be ordering a new 184 TDI myself early next week to replace my current 184. Not the same spec as you but with the same great engine, s-tronic and quattro + £5k worth of options and in Floret Silver. Just finished sorting out a deal with my usual dealer. Decided to try a PCP this time. 11.35% discount, £5000 PCP deposit, £395 per month over 48 months and a cheque from them for £10,000.

We will no doubt be getting our new cars around the same time, along with TDI-Line as well.

Congratulations, Dave.....by the way, did you manage to get a test drive in the new 2.0 litre petrol engine A3...if so, what were your impressions?

Cheers, Allan

Turn it round to landscape yer plank then you will !! lol

Well Albert Einstein..... it still doesn't show anyones signatory..... so.

236206 327a8b356dc78df6979f1b4e6ecb0391 mdsq

Reactions: pastey, glospete, Simon L and 1 other person

Only £5K worth of options Laddy frickin Da Dave...... must be a S-line..... thing :whistle2:...

Only £5K worth of options Laddy frickin Da Dave...... must be a S-line..... thing :whistle2:...
No I'm not ordering an S-Line just the much rarer Sport with options to make it in to my own particular version. If fact the only option I am ordering extra to my current A3 are the Park assist and Aluminium roof rails. They will give me something to hold on to when I'm getting in and out of the car as my legs are not as good as they were. The only other change will be that Audi no longer off the Black/Grey in the Rallye cloth interior so I will be having Black/Red.

Congratulations, Dave.....by the way, did you manage to get a test drive in the new 2.0 litre petrol engine A3...if so, what were your impressions?

Cheers, Allan
Yes I did finally get Audi to find out who had a 2.0 TFSI 190 as a demonstrator and drove it for the afternoon last Saturday. It was OK, quiet around the town but no quieter once on the open road where the tyre noise was the same same as mine. I do tend to quite like the 'lazy' way a powerful diesel engine works but I found you had to like revving the engine quite hard to get the same sort of response from 190. Out of the A14 dual-carriageway I came up behind another car in the top (7th) gear and had to change down to pass it. In my current 184 in top (6th) gear I would have just had to press the throttle and it would speed up without the need for a gear change. I found it was the same going through some lanes, drop a gear in the 190 - not necessary in the 184. The extra 60Nm of torque from the 184 was certainly noticeable. I like my present 184 very much and really enjoy driving it, so I thought I would have some more of the same. Working out the cost including the fuel for 14k miles over 3 years the 184 still worked out a few hundred ponds cheaper, even with the new RFLs.

Nice one Cemerson, that's another 184Q for March delivery. :)

And that is an awesome spec too.

Reactions: cemerson and Simon L
Nice one Cemerson, that's another 184Q for March delivery. :)

And that is an awesome spec too.
And a third when I place my order on Tuesday. one Cosmos Blue and two Floret Silver.

Reactions: TDI-line
Saw the title of this thread and this tune instantly filled my head...it still sends a shiver over me when I hear it :)

I recall being in a club in Chester at the tender age of 19 and the DJ played it, everyone in there was singing it...good times and good memories :) But wow those 26 years have gone fast!!!

Saw the title of this thread and this tune instantly filled my head...it still sends a shiver over me when I hear it :)

I recall being in a club in Chester at the tender age of 19 and the DJ played it, everyone in there was singing it...good times and good memories :) But wow those 26 years have gone fast!!!

At least Blue Monday isn't an S3 Exclusive colour. ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Mine was a sport originally but it was only £95 extra for the SLine with the same options and it's worth much more than that over the sport down the line too, so a no brainer really

I've ordered a Sport rather than an S-Line for two basic reasons.
1. The S-Line has options that I don't like - 18" alloys, flat bottom steering wheel and black headlining for example.
2. The Sport is less common than the S-Line. My dealer says he will be able to sell my Sport quicker than if it was an S-Line because it is a little different. Most of the trade-ins he gets are S-Line. He already has a customer for my Sport, if that customer is prepared to wait 3 months, which he thinks he will be. His customer, like me, prefers the Sport to the S-Line and also likes all the options I have on my existing car.

By the way, what is the total cost of your car with all it's options. I reckon around a basic of around £38k. Certainly will be a nice car if you like or need all the options you have specified. I hope it's blow £40k and is registered before 1 April 2017 otherwise you will be paying an extra £310 per year for 5 years in road tax. Now all we have to do is wait for around 3 months for delivery but at least we both have a nice A3 to keep us going!

Mine works out at basic £28,700 + £5,200 + £875 for 4yr warranty and delivery less £3,459 discount. Total £31,371. £5,000 from my existing A3 as the PCP deposit, rest to me as a cheque.

I hope it's blow £40k and is registered before 1 April 2017 otherwise you will be paying an extra £310 per year for 5 years in road tax.
Why's that mate? Something I've not heard/seen!?!?

I hope it's blow £40k....
Now that's a lota
WEED.....Lol

My post should have said BELOW £40 rather than BLOW £40 but it's still a lot of extra Road Tax - an extra £310 for years 2-5.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Why's that mate? Something I've not heard/seen!?!?
Cars registered after April 1st 2017 will pay a one-off tax charge for the first year, with rates decided by a heavily revised version of the current CO2-based tax band system. The adjustments mean most buyers will see their first year tax charge virtually doubled, while only zero-emissions vehicles will get away with paying nothing at all. From the second year onwards, the CO2 scale becomes irrelevant, as two flat rates will then be applied – a £0 (zero) VED rate for zero-emissions vehicles only, and a flat annual rate of £140 for all other cars. While cars costing over £40,000 will also be liable for the £140 VED rate from year two, they will also be forced to pay an additional annual ‘supplement’ of £310 for the first five years.

That means expensive £40k+ zero-emissions cars will no longer get away with a free ride, as they’ll have to pay the £310 supplement. Everything else in the £40k+ bracket will pay £450 a year (£310 supplement + £140 flat rate) until that five-year period is over and they revert to the £140 flat rate.

Reactions: TDI-line and Jassyo06
Cars registered after April 1st 2017 will pay a one-off tax charge for the first year, with rates decided by a heavily revised version of the current CO2-based tax band system. The adjustments mean most buyers will see their first year tax charge virtually doubled, while only zero-emissions vehicles will get away with paying nothing at all. From the second year onwards, the CO2 scale becomes irrelevant, as two flat rates will then be applied – a £0 (zero) VED rate for zero-emissions vehicles only, and a flat annual rate of £140 for all other cars. While cars costing over £40,000 will also be liable for the £140 VED rate from year two, they will also be forced to pay an additional annual ‘supplement’ of £310 for the first five years.

That means expensive £40k+ zero-emissions cars will no longer get away with a free ride, as they’ll have to pay the £310 supplement. Everything else in the £40k+ bracket will pay £450 a year (£310 supplement + £140 flat rate) until that five-year period is over and they revert to the £140 flat rate.
That's mental
....is that list price or after options lol

Reactions: MattSedg, Audi Bairn and Jcbmally
Reactions: TDI-line and Jcbmally

Cheers guys, so an S3 after April will be £500 the first year and then £140 after that, or if you buy in March £180 first year and £180 after that!!!

That's mental
....is that list price or after options lol
If the car on its own or with options take it over £40k you pay the full whack!

In short, an option for a few hundred pounds could end up costing you more than £1500 over five years in extra VED costs.

Reactions: Jcbmally
For example a S3 saloon costs, at list price say £38,500......that would exempt it from the £310 banger for the duration.... so if one adds £1500-01p on options your ******..... lol
PMSL

So they change the system to encourage more efficient cars (sorry, raise more cash) and when the manufacturers produce more efficient cars the politicians move the goal posts again (to raise more cash again) Typical thieving incompetents!

Reactions: Jcbmally
For example a S3 saloon costs, at list price say £38,500......that would exempt it from the £310 banger for the duration.... so if one adds £1500-01p on options your ******..... lol

Jessy's diary, Monday 14th November. Ordered new S3 Sportback Black Edition FL, with all options. Ha ha, F U 2017 VED tax bands....

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
Cheers guys, so an S3 after April will be £500 the first year and then £140 after that, or if you buy in March £180 first year and £180 after that!!!

If the car on its own or with options take it over £40k you pay the full whack!

In short, an option for a few hundred pounds could end up costing you more than £1500 over five years in extra VED costs.
Sort of, if it's over £40k it will be £140 (to year two) + £310 for five years so yeah, buy a new one now or keep it under £40k. The article suggests pre-reg cars value will increase :wtf:

So they change the system to encourage more efficient cars (sorry, raise more cash) and when the manufacturers produce more efficient cars the politicians move the goal posts again (to raise more cash again) Typical thieving incompetents!
I said many years ago to my kids that the car VED would change because of all the NIL rate cars out there, like you said "typical thieving incompetents" loosing out so their out to sting the innocent motorist.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Jessy's diary, Monday 14th November. Ordered new S3 Sportback Black Edition FL, with all options. Ha ha, F U 2017 VED tax bands....

...scuzz bucket,money grabbing dispicable, slime bag,robbing,scum.... the government that is....lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn, TDI-line and Jcbmally