New owner of A3 etron with questions (please)

ChasingJen

Reaction score
Hi there. I just purchased a used A3 Etron Sportback and I have poured over the manual, watched some tutorial videos, as well as played with a variety of settings/menu options and have 3 questions to start this dialogue.

1. Exterior Mirrors: I do not appear to have electronic or auto folding mirror options. Is there a way to fold them manually? Asking as I have a narrow garage.

2. Does the luggage area have a button to "auto close" it versus manually pulling down on the hatch door?

3. This car is front wheel drive, but I noticed on the virtual cockpot/instrument cluster/navigation map (the lower part of the screen that shows feet above sea level) it is saying it is in "off road" mode (think this is new as of today). That doesn't make sense to me. I suspect I hit something but cannot figure out what. Any ideas, please?

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide.

1. My mirrors are auto, you can still just push them to fold them....

2. There is no option to auto close the boot, you can fit springs and new gas struts so it will auto open with the key fob

3.Off road mode means there are no maps of where you are driving usually ?

Reactions: Gralegav
Thank you for your comments and advice, and last night I figured out how to manually fold them (the electric option does seem to be missing from my premium plus audi).

I love my new car, but there is a big learning curve with operating this car. I am tech-savvy-ish so I have been able to click and explore a number of features. But ... like others have said on other threads, I do wish some features had more explanation (so thankful for this website and responders such as yourself).

Hi , can someone share where is located the brake servo pressure sensor on a 2015 A3 Sportback e-tron ? Please help thank you

Hi there. I just purchased a used A3 Etron Sportback and I have poured over the manual, watched some tutorial videos, as well as played with a variety of settings/menu options and have 3 questions to start this dialogue.

1. Exterior Mirrors: I do not appear to have electronic or auto folding mirror options. Is there a way to fold them manually? Asking as I have a narrow garage.

2. Does the luggage area have a button to "auto close" it versus manually pulling down on the hatch door?

3. This car is front wheel drive, but I noticed on the virtual cockpot/instrument cluster/navigation map (the lower part of the screen that shows feet above sea level) it is saying it is in "off road" mode (think this is new as of today). That doesn't make sense to me. I suspect I hit something but cannot figure out what. Any ideas, please?

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide.
Congratulations on your new Audi A3 e-tron Sportback! Let's address your questions:

1. Exterior Mirrors: The Audi A3 e-tron Sportback should come equipped with power-adjustable mirrors, but the folding function may not be available on all models or trim levels. If you don't see any buttons or controls specifically for folding the mirrors, it's possible that your vehicle doesn't have this feature. In that case, you won't be able to fold the mirrors manually either.
  2. Luggage Area: The Audi A3 e-tron Sportback typically has a manual closing mechanism for the luggage area. You will need to pull down on the hatch door to close it securely. There is usually no dedicated button or automatic closing feature for the luggage area on this model.
  3. "Off Road" Mode: It's unusual for a front-wheel-drive Audi A3 e-tron Sportback to display an "off road" mode indication. This might be a glitch or an incorrect setting. Try restarting the vehicle and see if the mode persists. If it does, I recommend reaching out to an authorized Audi dealership or service center. They will be able to diagnose and resolve any issues related to the displayed mode or provide further guidance.