New owner

chunk090883

Reaction score
Collected my new rs3 on Monday its basic spec but got a really good deal and everything i need.
So far ive blacked the window surrounds. Wing mirrors grill and audi rings, not sure to do the bottom bit on the bumper like the sports edition.
I have put rv019 alloys that i had of my old car and will look to get it lowered at some point
Unfortunately couldn't add the audi sports exhaust so i have a gpf back system being built in january as definitely needs to be louder.
Heres a few before n after photos

Attachments

• 20191130_152941.jpg
    20191130_152941.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 349
  • 20191130_153001.jpg
    20191130_153001.jpg
    801.6 KB · Views: 334
  • 20191130_153014.jpg
    20191130_153014.jpg
    617.1 KB · Views: 348
  • 20191130_152928.jpg
    20191130_152928.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 336
Reactions: DW81, Dunedin and Riko0073
Collected my new rs3 on Monday its basic spec but got a really good deal and everything i need.
So far ive blacked the window surrounds. Wing mirrors grill and audi rings, not sure to do the bottom bit on the bumper like the sports edition.
I have put rv019 alloys that i had of my old car and will look to get it lowered at some point
Unfortunately couldn't add the audi sports exhaust so i have a gpf back system being built in january as definitely needs to be louder.
Bit of coincidence, local dealer had two (apart from comfort pack) basic (1 Ara 1 Panther Black) spec RS3's, with nearly 9k knocked off. I chose the black one and picked it up yesterday. First job today is cut a hole in the roof to retrofit a sunroof :)

Interested to know what you used to black the surrounds, I've seen it done with Vinyl or sprayed.

Bit of coincidence, local dealer had two (apart from comfort pack) basic (1 Ara 1 Panther Black) spec RS3's, with nearly 9k knocked off. I chose the black one and picked it up yesterday. First job today is cut a hole in the roof to retrofit a sunroof :)

Interested to know what you used to black the surrounds, I've seen it done with Vinyl or sprayed.
That must be one hell of a job! Good luck.

Chelmsfords audi? I got all bits wrapped. Just brought some racingline springs to be fitted next week.

Last edited:

What was the original asking price if you don't mid me asking ? I'd consider trading my s3 with that sort of discount

Rsz img 20191201 144941 1

No, it was Inchape Audi Swindon/ They look so much better with the black trim. Looking to get some springs also, maybe the MSS one's
Thought it was rude not to check the Dragy time on day 2 :)
Screenshot 20191201 125209

Reactions: Riko0073 and chunk090883
Last edited:
I got mine £37,995. Wanted sound and comfort pack but can live without it, might add rear camera though

Can’t argue with £38k for a brand new RS3!

View attachment 194426

No, it was Inchape Audi Swindon/ They look so much better with the black trim. Looking to get some springs also, maybe the MSS one's
Thought it was rude not to check the Dragy time on day 2 :)
View attachment 194427
Good going on the new OPF model, I’ve managed 4 secs dead but in wet conditions and full tank of fuel.

So much for the neigh-sayers with the OPF model having heavily affected performance, more new owners showing 3.7/3.8 0-60’s times.

Enjoy the new motor.

Reactions: Luiggi
Good going on the new OPF model, I’ve managed 4 secs dead but in wet conditions and full tank of fuel.

So much for the neigh-sayers with the OPF model having heavily affected performance, more new owners showing 3.7/3.8 0-60’s times.

Enjoy the new motor.
I was impressed with the time, slightly up hill and a road not completely dry.
I've just come from a M140i with circa 460hp and best i had from that was 4.4 0-60.

Reading things about Unitronic software so that might be next.

Reactions: Riko0073

Congrats on your new car, the black surrounds do look much better than the chrome. Did you get someone to wrap them? Any close up shot of the surround and grill? Like you I went for the standard car but have sound and comfort, sports pack (mag ride and exhaust) matrix lights, dimming mirrors and titanium wheels. Went for the standard car because Audi were offering £3k contribution and nothing on the sport edition. I paid £42,500 for mine which is a factory order..

Congrats on your new car, the black surrounds do look much better than the chrome. Did you get someone to wrap them? Any close up shot of the surround and grill? Like you I went for the standard car but have sound and comfort, sports pack (mag ride and exhaust) matrix lights, dimming mirrors and titanium wheels. Went for the standard car because Audi were offering £3k contribution and nothing on the sport edition. I paid £42,500 for mine which is a factory order..

Hi mate. I will get some close up pics for you after i give it a wash . I got them wrapped by company called nuh design in west Sussex

Are you actually going to retrofit a sunroof?!

Just ordered a set of racingline springs for £150 on black friday sale. Seems very good price, had them on previous cars and seemed decent. Says lowers it 25mm

That looks great, thanks for taking more photos. I had a quote for mine and it’s about £400 to do everything inc the lower part of the bumper.

That looks great, thanks for taking more photos. I had a quote for mine and it’s about £400 to do everything inc the lower part of the bumper.
They could of wrapped the bottom for extra £50 but said it was really tight angle on the groove and wouldnt be the best of finish.they said to take the bumper off to do it properly or get it sprayed.

They could of wrapped the bottom for extra £50 but said it was really tight angle on the groove and wouldnt be the best of finish.they said to take the bumper off to do it properly or get it sprayed.

That’s good to know, if I am going to take the bumper off I might as well just replace the grill and lower spoiler. I was only wrapping to save taking it off..

I got mine £37,995. Wanted sound and comfort pack but can live without it, might add rear camera though
I emailed the one at Essex last week which was up for £39995 was sold unfortunately, I guess its an extra £2k off for PCP?

I emailed the one at Essex last week which was up for £39995 was sold unfortunately, I guess its an extra £2k off for PCP?

Sounds like one i brought. Yeah extra £2k for PCP but you can do that then pay it straight off i believe

Enjoy the new motor.
The PFL was 3.6s to 60 ... you know the GPF version launches softer.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

This guy never stops slamming OPF cars for being slow, based on 1 video he watched on YouTube. Frankly he needs to get a life, or a new hobby.

I figured he'd pick up on the comment of 4 seconds 0-60. Better not to post a bad launch in the wet, lest people start believing the same nonsense he spouts relentlessly on here.

Here's a 3.68 in my totally stock OPF RS3 earlier tonight. There is certainly nothing wrong with how OPF cars launch.

View attachment 194514

Nice one pal.

The PFL was 3.6s to 60 ... you know the GPF version launches softer.

TX.

Thats you telt. Haha

I just traded in my PFL for an OPF about a week ago. It's every bit as quick off the mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dan_DJT, Riko0073 and Scottkcollins
Lol it is slower then as proven by the post where I was "told" above :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Who wants a Standard one though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people might, I personally wasn’t fussed by the sport edition as I didn’t want the roof or sport seats (wanted the comfort seats) Not bothered by the carbon inserts either, only thing I really wanted was black pack but I can sort that. I got all the other options (Exhaust, mag ride, sound and comfort etc) but saved £5k because Audi are giving £3k towards a standard Car but not on the sport edition.