New Paranoid S3 owner

subby

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Just a quick one...

Recently fitted a forge 007P dv and a pipercross panel filter, and all was well.

But today when I didnt have the radio or fan on, i could hear the turbo spinning up and dumping - sounded like it was coming from the glovebox and i dont remember hearing it once i had fitted the forge dump valve.

Now it could be because i didnt have the radio on or the fans, so its the first time it was quiet in the car, but i didnt think re-circ dump valves made a dumping noise at all?

Car seems to be driving ok i think, but not driven it hard.

Any info to put my mind at rest. or maybe diagnose a problem would be much appreciated.

thanks

My car has a standard airbox with a panel filter and a forge 007 and I can hear mine when the radios low/off.

I could hear the old stock DV too although it was a slightly quieter sound. My cars driving fine so I've not been worried by it.

I wouldnt worry to be honest if the cars still driving fine.

T

ok thanks for the reply dude, i love this car and i just want to make sure all is well :)

from what i gather is, the noise is the air getting recirculated back into the intake and when fitting a aftermarket panel filter this makes it louder than with a standard one

Filter, recirc valves and remaps all make the noise louder.

Eeven more so if you remove the solenoid that controls the valve and just plumb straight off the vacuum on the inlet.

are you talking about the turbo whistling? if so this is perfectly normal mine is very loud and is driving perfectly fine, if anything this just proves you have a healthy engine and the turbo is doing what its suppose to. I wouldn't worry about it mate, like you said you probably haven't noticed until your car's radio is off, or its a hell of a lot louder when the windows open lol. The turbo will get louder if you have fitted and aftermarket air filter due to increased air intake, it just makes the turbo run that little bit louder. I can see where your coming from though its always best to check everything perfect on car's like these.

How do you do that??

Easy. Just bypass it. Vacuum pipe runs direct from the top of the dv to the vacuum nipple on the inlet manifold. Keep the solenoid plugged in though or it will throw up a fault. I just cable tied it to the top of a coil pack as the rest of the setup is chucked away (piping and resevoir).

Easy. Just bypass it. Vacuum pipe runs direct from the top of the dv to the vacuum nipple on the inlet manifold. Keep the solenoid plugged in though or it will throw up a fault. I just cable tied it to the top of a coil pack as the rest of the setup is chucked away (piping and resevoir).

is that safe ?

humm i c . never heard of this before.have you done it on the s3?