New Price List

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've just noticed that a new price list - edition 5 02/07 - has appeared on the Audi UK web-site. Prices seem to be the same as the 11/06 list but some items are listed in the options that were not there previously. For example the Sun band for windscreen is listed as standard on the SE but a £55 option on all other models.

I don't know if they have used a different program to produce the PDF file but, whilst all the text is OK, the pictures are very fuzzy.

On earlier models i.e. my previous 05 model 3.2, the sunband (presuming the greenish shaded section along the top of the screen glass) was standard, then on 06 models i.e. my 06MY 3.2, it was removed and now they start to charge extra for it. Not sure what it did though! Bit like the boot spoiler for the earlier slines which was standard, then removed and then came back a bit later as part of the sline exterior pack for £950!

Changes I can see:

• In the Exclusive Upholstery section, you can now spec the Nappa/Alcantara option on the S3 and they've added a black/orange option for the S3.
  • Some of the diesel emissions figures have changed. Crucially, mine has dropped from 157 to 154 which is a tax band lower - going to have to look into this, bowfer commented a while ago on emissions changes but I'm sure the TDI170 hadn't changed.
  • Adaptive lights have been added as an option across the range at £325.
  • Black styling package has disappeared, this must be a mis-print surely?

when you say tax band lower - do you mean company car tax band? it isnt road tax band lower cos the band is 150 for that, ie 140 TDI is below and qualifies for level C i think??? (£110 a year) and the 170 falls above so is in band D (?) (£135 a year)

Yes company car tax. It'd be 20% rather than the 21% it is now, saving me about £9 per month.

I see the 1.8T is on the price list, is 1.1 seconds and 8 extra mph worth
the extra 2.5k?:

1.8T: 19,795.00
Top speed 137 mph
Acceleration 0-62 mph 8.2s

2.0T : 22,425.00
Performance data
Top speed 145 mph
Acceleration 0-62 mph 7.1 Seconds

well that depends if you want to be slower than the diesel doesn't it???? you pays your money and you takes your choice!

BTW Dave, just noticed the imminent delivery of your new car. Be sure to post a report of how you get on.

I was given a Sportback 170 as a loaner a few weeks back, and was very impressed. Smoothness and refinement is a huge improvement on the old 140. Maybe still not quite as quiet as the BMW diesel, but there really isn't much in it. And the other big improvement is that the torque characteristic is much more progressive, very similar to my 2.0T actually.

dm_irish said:
I see the 1.8T is on the price list, is 1.1 seconds and 8 extra mph worth
the extra 2.5k?:

1.8T: 19,795.00
Top speed 137 mph
Acceleration 0-62 mph 8.2s

2.0T : 22,425.00
Performance data
Top speed 145 mph
Acceleration 0-62 mph 7.1 Seconds
I think that the new 1.8TFSI could well turn out to be their most popular 4-cyl petrol engine. Cheaper to buy and insure, and a bit better mpg. Provided they have lowered the gearing to compensate for the reduced power and torque, it should still feel strong to drive.

BTW Dave, just noticed the imminent delivery of your new car. Be sure to post a report of how you get on.

I was given a Sportback 170 as a loaner a few weeks back, and was very impressed. Smoothness and refinement is a huge improvement on the old 140. Maybe still not quite as quiet as the BMW diesel, but there really isn't much in it. And the other big improvement is that the torque characteristic is much more progressive, very similar to my 2.0T actually.

Yes roll on Thursday morning. Collecting the new one at 11.00. This will be my 16th new car but I still get just as excited.

Before I decided on the TDI-170 I drove one back to back with a 2.0T. Both the same 3-door Sport models so a good comparrison. I must admit there was very little to choice between them so I went for the TDI-170 on the basis of the better mpg. I take my car to Austria at least one a year and the better mpg allows much longer runs between fill-ups and diesel is so much cheaper in Europe than petrol.