New purchase-Advice, and price on a private deal

keendean

Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking at buying a car privately, which is 2016, 25,k miles, and was 51k new. I was after a Nardo grey with a pan roof. I am looking at buying the car outright and keeping 2 years minimum. Most traders will be after this car for stock, what is this car worth trade? I want to limit the amount of devaluation as possible, the car is up currently for 42k. It is the right spec, but with one owner on the already, what is this car realistically worth?
Any thoughts appreciated, it is a massive purchase to me, I really hope the Rs3 is worth the premium over the S3 saloon I was looking at buying and remapping :) Thanks, Dean

Cor i thought that sounded like a lot of miles. :) Sounds like a good deal to me. Saving 9k by getting one with 2500 miles. I would go for it!

What's the spec?

I think most of us expect the car to be at 50% of purchase price after 3 years so perhaps £23-25k by then?

TX.

Seems like it's a reasonable price there, Audi wouldn't list it that cheap.

Go for it!

...where is it mate?...

...if the thought of telling everyone the answer to the above question makes you feel uneasy...then you should buy it instantly!

Simon

I'm being indecisive, as I was thinking Nardo grey and pan roof.
It has dynamic and tech pack, super sport seats, red brake calipers, keyless, upgraded interior trim and paint. Is it such a good deal with an owner on the v5 and imminent FL.

I'm hoping to negotiate further :)

It's online - not hard to find :)

...sorry Dean...I don't think you understood my attempt at humour...I was implying that a few of us might like to buy the car at that price - and if that made you feel that your purchase was threatened, you should buy it instantly...

If I wasn't forking out for an expensive honeymoon, I would definitely be keen to buy a nearly new RS3 at that price and spec!

Simon

...besides...the facelift will probably not be for a while - for the RS3 - and may well be saloon only...

Simon

Hey Simon,

Sorry, I got your humour, I think my reply was lost in translation.
Its a big purchase, as you get older, there are always other priorities, I'm persuading myself that a car is top. Reading the overall opinion of new owner rides, has prompted me to make an offer on a car without seeing it- watch this space

...good man...

I'm 58...fortunately, no mortgage, so I can indulge myself a little bit (luckily my wife loves Audi) - live once, live well! You should live with no regrets...

let us know how you get on...

Simon

Reactions: RS3 S. and d170868
If you want to know what the trade value is just pop the reg no and mileage into any of the online car buying services.

We buy any car and that will really low ball below trade in as they will think your desperate

If you want to know what the trade value is just pop the reg no and mileage into any of the online car buying services.
Not true
I traded my last car to an indy dealer for 5k more than WBAC price.
Their valuation of nearly new premium cars is way off

Reactions: Dazzeroo, Jassyo06 and Spaceman_RS3