New RS3 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a Sepang RS3, fully loaded pull out of the car park opposite my office. Managed to get the window open and he kindly obliged by giving it the beans. Boy oh boy, it really is the best sounding car you can buy, V8's included!

Yeah that is true,but if your already in a nice S3....The TTRS...Looks far more interesting..living with the same interior for 5 years....***....2 years S3 3 years RS3....That just my own personal point of view of course

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
It sounds good, but it's never NA V8 good. Ever.

But like the V10 the V8....Needs the nuts revved out of it to produce its best the RS3 doesnt even at very slow speeds the RS3 pops and bangs....

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Radman
Sorry jassy, but I really don't understand your taste in cars. I had a bit of back and forth with you previously on the new C series coupe, which you also thought was ugly.

Maybe you should head to the WOG forums where people put massive spoilers on the back, and neon lights underneath. Sounds like you're more aligned to those kinds of cars.

Not every car has to scream out loud to look aggressive. If you don't think the RS4 is a mean looking machine, then I don't know what else to say.

l never said the RS4 was not mean looking enough..lol...its a ****** huge thing.....heard the other day that,Vin Diesel has a black one put past especially to carry his coffin in....l am just not into the A4/S4/RS4....Series of cars....TTRS.....Porsche Cayman S...now....THAT'S more like me....sorry you have got me all wrong Con....You only get a slightly interesting looking Audi....if you buy one with the RS badge on.....it

pound for pound there is nothing like it out there today.

Absolutely !!!!!

Hit 3,500 rpm and the howl & volume is incredible.

Keep your V8's ... these 2.5 litre engines & sports exhausts are spectacular !!!!

Reactions: seakay, Radman and kayemill
Absolutely !!!!!

Hit 3,500 rpm and the howl & volume is incredible.

Keep your V8's ... these 2.5 litre engines & sports exhausts are spectacular !!!!
I think that is what is winding some people up, just how good the car actually is.
Forget the Focus, A45 etc, this vehicle is in a league of its own. I haven't owned a single car that people everywhere I park, wait for me to start her up.
Had a guy in an M3 today at the petrol station filling next to me, had a good chat and he said for me not to go until he had heard the motor. Mutual respect as well because his car was gorgeous too.

Reactions: seakay and Snake Pliskin
I think that is what is winding some people up, just how good the car actually is.
Forget the Focus, A45 etc, this vehicle is in a league of its own. I haven't owned a single car that people everywhere I park, wait for me to start her up.
Had a guy in an M3 today at the petrol station filling next to me, had a good chat and he said for me not to go until he had heard the motor. Mutual respect as well because his car was gorgeous too.

Very true mate .....

I get the same, even a guy with an Aston was raving about my car and wanted to hear it.

Turns loads of heads on looks and sound.

They definitely attract a LOT of positive attention & comments.

Brilliant cars !!!!

Reactions: Scottyg
A colleague has a new Mustang V8. My brother has a new S8 and CLK55 AMG and a neighbour up the road has an R8 V10 (previous model). I must say, the RS3 today edged them all... IMO, of course.

Reactions: Scottyg and Snake Pliskin

Noise is definitely the RS3's top trump.

A colleague has a new Mustang V8. My brother has a new S8 and CLK55 AMG and a neighbour up the road has an R8 V10 (previous model). I must say, the RS3 today edged them all... IMO, of course.

Have a word with yourself mate.

RS3 does sound amazing.....but to compare it with a V8 Mustang.....really? A V8 Mustang sounds like god has just smoked his 100th woodbine of the day and cleared his throat.

Reactions: A4B9, Foxtrot_Oscar and Jassyo06
Having had a long drive of the Mustang and hearing it tear out of the car park everyday, I think it sounds pretty disappointing! Don't confuse it for an old 60's Mustang sound... And it's shocking to drive, "mate"! :blush:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Radman
????

Who the hell mentioned how it drives "mate".:whistle2:

Ive test driven an RS3 and my son owns a new v8 mustang.

Sorry, I loved the rs3 noise, but its very different to the mustang.
The mustang sound rattles your ribs.

I just mentioned it, pal!

As I said in my original post, it's my opinion, which people don't seem to be allowed to have on this forum. And I'll stick to it, I don't think the new Mustang sounds that great. No need for the condascension...

Sorry mate, it maybe came out wrong :box:

I was just surprised that you thought a turbocharged v5 sounded better than a normally aspirated v8!

Reactions: richmcveigh
To be honest, I'd have any of them over my Golf R, which has got to be the worst sounding car I've ever owned! Year old C63's are now going for £50k. Tempting.

Reactions: Radman
Ive decided that an increase in power and a meatier sound is paramount for my next car......

And then I woke up and bought this......

Collect a week today!

Reactions: Jassyo06
Nice! What engine is in that?

Just a 2ltr 190bhp diesel with an 8 speed autobox. - same box as I had in my bmw m135i, really superb box.

Reactions: Scottyg
Any sign of the hatch yet :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Scottyg
Sorry mate, it maybe came out wrong :box:

I was just surprised that you thought a turbocharged v5 sounded better than a normally aspirated v8!
I can't comment on Mustang as aint heard one up close but I had an M3 (E92) with the V8 engine and I wasn't a great fan of the engine note(though most are)-prefer the RS3
Still love the 911 flat six best though

Have a word with yourself mate.

RS3 does sound amazing.....but to compare it with a V8 Mustang.....really? A V8 Mustang sounds like god has just smoked his 100th woodbine of the day and cleared his throat.
Ford Mustang is the most stupid car in the world. Why anyone would buy one is beyond me.

Old RS3? Pretty sure mine is the current one :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Reactions: ComputerControlled
It's coming. Just you wait till you see it. It's like the old RS3 but better!

I hear what your saying as the minor changes to the new updated a3/s3 makes the old one look older.
The New RS3 will look smart with all the updates and I will be at the front of the queue when that saloon order book opens 'tearsofjoy'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had contact from Bristol Audi today with regards to a maximum £6000 deposit contribution!

Now I've enquiried to find out what cars that will apply to and whether they have any new RS3's left. With a payrise while still on my apprenticeship and a contribution like that I could go for one now.

My dilemma is I wanted a specific spec, which I won't get now. I were hoping for Racing Blue Mica! I am worried that a new RS3 won't surface for the European market and it's pushing me to try and find one now :-(

Reactions: VAG_Club001
I hear what your saying as the minor changes to the new updated a3/s3 makes the old one look older.
The New RS3 will look smart with all the updates and I will be at the front of the queue when that saloon order book opens 'tearsofjoy'

Yeah I reckon the RS3 that doesn't exist yet in the UK will be great if it ever materialises, you should be able to pick yours up in 2018 / 2019 or so...:tearsofjoy:

Yeah I reckon the RS3 that doesn't exist yet in the UK will be great if it ever materialises, you should be able to pick yours up in 2018 / 2019 or so...:tearsofjoy:

Hey that's fine with me....I'm in no rush as that's the car I want. 400 BHP in that saloon will do just fine 'tearsofjoy'

Hey that's fine with me....I'm in no rush as that's the car I want. 400 BHP in that saloon will do just fine 'tearsofjoy'

You F/L dreamers, crack me up:tearsofjoy:
Let's hope it materialises. No signs for the UK soon!

You must be the most laid back patient new car buyer I've EVER known lol !

You were ready to order months ago, then end of the year, then next year now delivery 2018 will do lol :)

No way a serious buyer would wait that long ... when you have made your mind up you want a new car, the game is on !

I've been in that situation - if your prime car isn't happening you move on & get something else .... it's not like the RS3 is the only car out there !

Done get you one bit sorry :)

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and ComputerControlled
Has this thread been hijacked by all the pessimists again?! :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: AudiNutta, Snake Pliskin and ComputerControlled

You were ready to order months ago, then end of the year, then next year now delivery 2018 will do lol :)

No way a serious buyer would wait that long ... when you have made your mind up you want a new car, the game is on !

I've been in that situation - if your prime car isn't happening you move on & get something else .... it's not like the RS3 is the only car out there !

I am very laid back and when I want something I will wait....simple.
I plan to keep the car for like 8-10 years so I want to get the car for me. Plus all this waiting gives me more time to save and sell my old car.

I'm with you Snake I just don't get it.
I might understand if there was a F/L coming out but it's looking unlikely for any time soon.
I think I smell a TDI daydreamer...:tearsofjoy:

I am very laid back and when I want something I will wait....simple.
I plan to keep the car for like 8-10 years so I want to get the car for me. Plus all this waiting gives me more time to save and sell my old car.

Credit to you if that's the case but I would have given up long ago and looked at an S5, S4 or even considered another brand.

Reactions: ComputerControlled
You want to wait for this new one but it will get outdated too by the next RS3. What will you do then :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and ComputerControlled
Ah but that one will of course get a face-lift :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and ComputerControlled
Status
Not open for further replies.