New RS3 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
:blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

This forum is getting so b****y. :expressionless:
Just a bit of fun dude... chill. :tonguewink:
Although I guess that us guys, who are lucky to have an 8V on our drive, do like to fight our corner a little (especially seeing it's the 8V forum).:kissingsmiling:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
That's exactly it though, why do you need to fight your corner? No one is attacking the 8V. The very reason people want a new RS3 to come out is because the current/previous one was so good and production has now stopped!

Reactions: James 123, AudiNutta, ComputerControlled and 1 other person
That's exactly it though, why do you need to fight your corner? No one is attacking the 8V. The very reason people want a new RS3 to come out is because the current/previous one was so good and production has now stopped!
Ahh you know, just a few of you S3 / TDI guys who like to tell us our model is old, outdated etc etc. Which is kind of funny when you look at the facts. Us RS3 owners are just having a laugh, nothing serious...:laughing:

Exactly and that's why I'm prepared to wait for the new one and keep for 8-10 years...simple.
What I don't understand is why you guys say you 'own' an RS3 but come on the topic relating to '2017 RS3'
I would be enjoying it and not worried about the new one whenever it happens 2017 or 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ComputerControlled
Ahh you know, just a few of you S3 / TDI guys who like to tell us our model is old, outdated etc etc. Which is kind of funny when you look at the facts. Us RS3 owners are just having a laugh, nothing serious...:laughing:

Your at again.....lol naughty boy....lol I think these face lift RS3 threads keep this RS3 forum...alive....GHOST SHIP...otherwise....RS3 Saloon starting from £46,990 6 months from....now

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and ComputerControlled
Exactly and that's why I'm prepared to wait for the new one and keep for 8-10 years...simple.
What I don't understand is why you guys say you 'own' an RS3 but come on the topic relating to '2017 RS3'
I would be enjoying it and not worried about the new one whenever it happens 2017 or 2018.

Nobody's worried. It's all good man. I'll be in my RS4 by 2017. Oh and what new one?
He he
(Sorry)

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Your at again.....lol naughty boy....lol I think these face lift RS3 threads keep this RS3 forum...alive....GHOST SHIP...otherwise....RS3 Saloon starting from £46,990 6 months from....now
Ha ha you know me Jassy. Just shaking things up. Winding up RVP and D0C! I reckon you know the pinch of salt right?:kissingsmiling::kissingsmiling::kissingsmiling:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06

It's an exclusive club mate :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hi Pal hope all is well with ya....

Yes mate cheers ... car is still making me smile every single day - even more so now that damn dash rattle has gone lol :)

Just need to sort you that new motor :sunglasses:
I was looking at the S5 today on the clip below & it does look a very tasty car the more I look at it. If I was buying now & didn't have an RS3 I would certainly consider one.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Yes mate cheers ... car is still making me smile every single day - even more so now that damn dash rattle has gone lol :)

I was looking at the S5 today on the clip below & it does look a very tasty car the more I look at it. If I was buying now & didn't have an RS3 I would certainly consider one.

No mate yer not getting one over Jassy....l need that sound...lol

No mate yer not getting one over Jassy....l need that sound...lol

Very true mate .... the howl of the RS3 is simply fantastic & adds a terrific extra dimension to the car .... in addition to the savage power of course.

Just a bit of fun dude... chill. :tonguewink:
Although I guess that us guys, who are lucky to have an 8V on our drive, do like to fight our corner a little (especially seeing it's the 8V forum).:kissingsmiling:

But it has gone on for a long time now, we are all on here for the same reason.

I'd love to have an RS on the drive, there is no need for those who have already to cause so much of a big deal for us who can only look forward to potential updates to get one.

Reactions: Tom_L and CraigI
I think all the talk is harmless tbh and as Jassy says at least it's keeping the thread going as the lack of info otherwise on an FL RS would mean the thread would otherwise be mostly dorment.

Reactions: Scottyg
But it has gone on for a long time now, we are all on here for the same reason.

I'd love to have an RS on the drive, there is no need for those who have already to cause so much of a big deal for us who can only look forward to potential updates to get one.
I'm sorry dude, I didn't mean to upset you. Just banter innit?

Couldn't have put it better! I will go to Bristol Audi after my holiday next week and if I can afford one at this stage and it has an attractive spec I will go for it, regardless of a 'facelift' on the books. The current RS3 will never be old, it will be an RS3 nonetheless. I want an RS3 regardless of format, it's that 5 pot which we all crave, I would be over the moon of they continued production in the format that is already on the road.. An RS3 is all I want, forget the silly subtle changes.

I feel like us on this thread talking, building excitement for when we get to own one are getting pummelled by the facelift brigade and there is no need of it :/ You have all been in our position.. It's not as if we are slagging your cars off, we all love them and just want our hands on one.. Enjoy yours, leave us to ensure the nightmare wait if there aren't going to be any constructive comments / information.

Couldn't have put it better! I will go to Bristol Audi after my holiday next week and if I can afford one at this stage and it has an attractive spec I will go for it, regardless of a 'facelift' on the books. The current RS3 will never be old, it will be an RS3 nonetheless. I want an RS3 regardless of format, it's that 5 pot which we all crave, I would be over the moon of they continued production in the format that is already on the road.. An RS3 is all I want, forget the silly subtle changes.

I feel like us on this thread talking, building excitement for when we get to own one are getting pummelled by the facelift brigade and there is no need of it :/ You have all been in our position.. It's not as if we are slagging your cars off, we all love them and just want our hands on one.. Enjoy yours, leave us to ensure the nightmare wait if there aren't going to be any constructive comments / information.
Yeah man, get yourself one. There's plenty about with a great spec.
Honestly, I think the 'facelift brigade' (as you put it) kind of have this view as its been going on for months, from some on this site, how our cars are going to be outdated, old models etc. Maybe not yourself, but definitely some on here. So maybe that's why some people have this view? It's still all a bit tongue in cheek though. Nothing too serious.

It is to an extent, but this thread is filled with negativity and we are only here waiting for news to get an opportunity to own one like the rest of you :/
It cuts both ways though, you know that...

Some of the historical negativity is why a LOT of 'owners' are not frequenting the site anymore, which in my book is a shame.

The site needs owners to pass on valuable knowledge & advise to potential new buyers and owners.

I always try my best to pass on honest advice and make no secret of the fact the RS3 is the best most exciting & enjoyable car I've ever owned.

I will 100% consider a face lift in a couple of years time .... so I'm very keen to track it's progress !

Reactions: 45bvtc and B19
Some of the historical negativity is why a LOT of 'owners' are not frequenting the site anymore, which in my book is a shame.

The site needs owners to pass on valuable knowledge & advise to potential new buyers and owners.

I always try my best to pass on honest advice and make no secret of the fact the RS3 is the best most exciting & enjoyable car I've ever owned.

I will 100% consider a face lift in a couple of years time .... so I'm very keen to track it's progress !
That's kind of what I mean. And where others might get annoyed, and not come on here, I just think it's funny and like to wind people up, who like to play the game! It all started with asport. Remember him? Legend...

That's kind of what I mean. And where others might get annoyed, and not come on here, I just think it's funny and like to wind people up, who like to play the game! It all started with asport. Remember him? Legend...

Yes mate .... a year ago many people like us who ordered and had a 6 month wait had to endure some serious **** from the hard core anti RS brigade. This is very light hearted banter nothing more going on at the moment.

It is to an extent, but this thread is filled with negativity and we are only here waiting for news to get an opportunity to own one like the rest of you :/

That's what I'm here for to talk about the facelift hence the title of the thread. If people want to come on here who already say they own one then that's up to them but I'd rather be driving the car than reading about the next one.....just saying.

Ha ha you know me Jassy. Just shaking things up. Winding up RVP and D0C! I reckon you know the pinch of salt right?:kissingsmiling::kissingsmiling::kissingsmiling:

No need to try and wind me up. I appreciate it's just a car, and I'm not exactly in a bad one right now...in fact, one that the pundits reckon is better than an RS3!

I like the banter, though! ;)

lol the marketing BS is strong with this vid, what you notice is a car that looks just like every other face lift audi on the road

and personally i think its a design mess, over designed, over styled and over detailed purely so that people will change their 2 year old out of date cars, although trying to explain to the neighbours on your sunday morning wash and show off whats changed will be fun

the older smoother and cleaner designed cars look so much better IMO but design is a very subjective thing of course

Last edited:
A colleague has a new Mustang V8. My brother has a new S8 and CLK55 AMG and a neighbour up the road has an R8 V10 (previous model). I must say, the RS3 today edged them all... IMO, of course.

whilst i love the 5 pot engine and its noise and i truly think its one of audi's all time great engines its not a patch on the R8 V8 i had for a week, with the sports exhaust that thing had 2 sets of bypass valves, a normal one that opened on start up etc like the RS3 but a second one that opened under high load up the top of the rev range and then the damn thing was as loud and sounded as amazing as a proper GT3 race car, how that was legal i have no idea

as for the V10 hand your man card in if you think the 5 pot sounds better than this

and yes i know it doesn't have the artificial pops and bangs that we all love ;)

That's what I'm here for to talk about the facelift hence the title of the thread. If people want to come on here who already say they own one then that's up to them but I'd rather be driving the car than reading about the next one.....just saying.

We do drive our cars thank you - and thoroughly enjoy it - but we can hardly drive them 24 hours a day. Be respectful ! you may appreciate advice one day from us owners & long term contributors to ASN .... if you ever do order an FL RS !

You have also made frequent references to how 'superior' the FL will be & how it will make the current model outdated, so you are one of the biggest 'wind up' merchants .... so this is also where Computer Controlled is coming from too.

Last edited:
Reactions: ComputerControlled
Seeing this from the lowly relams of a TDI, I would love any RS3. However, the way I have read through this thread, the only factually correct info so far is that the FL RS3 will be a saloon with a tad more power. Everything else is speculation and what does speculation give rise to? Debate, and that's what forums are about. You may not like what some have to say but it's not taking things personally and just going with the flow that keeps the thread alive.
Yes, there are two camps in here. The ones who have and the have nots who want. The current owners have the up to date car, like it or lump it. When the saloon comes it will be in FL guise but it will still be a saloon. So the SportsBack owners still have an up to date RS3 as that car hasn't been Facelifted, yet (most hope it will be).
So, next year if the saloon makes it's long waited debut (and it is a debut as current RS3s are Sportsbacks) then all of you who buy it will join the ranks of owning current RS3 models in different body shapes.
Win win as I see it.
Keep debating gents.

Last edited:
Reactions: Terminator x, Spaceman_RS3, Ozmosis and 3 others
Seeing this from the lowly relams of a TDI, I would love any RS3. However, the way I have read through this thread, the only factually correct info so far is that the FL RS3 will be a saloon with a tad more power. Everything else is speculation and what does speculation give rise to? Debate, and that's what forums are about. You may not like what some have to say but it's not taking things personally and just going with the follow that keeps the thread alive.
Yes, there are two camps in here. The ones who have and the have nots who want. The current owners have the up to date car, like it or lump it. When the saloon comes it will be in FL guise but it will still be a saloon. So the SportsBack owners still have an up to date RS3 as that car hasn't been Facelifted, yet (most hope it will be).
So, next year if the saloon makes it's long waited debut (and it is a debut as current RS3s are Sportsbacks) then all of you who buy it will join the ranks of owning current RS3 models in different body shapes.
Win win as I see it.
Keep debating gents.

Great post & credit to ASN ! :sunglasses:

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, ComputerControlled, AudiNutta and 1 other person
No need to try and wind me up. I appreciate it's just a car, and I'm not exactly in a bad one right now...in fact, one that the pundits reckon is better than an RS3!

I like the banter, though! ;)

Lovely banter 'tearsofjoy'

Current RS3 owners need to be a little less sensitive/insecure and offer a touch more humility towards those looking forward to the facelift.
Then this place will be one people enjoy to roam.

I've seen a current owner even demand evidence of the discount a buyer achieved, unbelieving as it was obviously a far better deal.

The same few people post the same things every few weeks.

Early adopters never get the final / best product or the cheapest version. That's why manufacturers have facelifts, to attempt to improve things on a new model that were identified as being not great in use and that were slated in reviews.
The same happens in TV's. You buy the latest as soon as it comes out and a few months down the line it's available far cheaper, then a year or so, an improved variant is out.

That's life, if you can't handle it, or accept it you shouldn't buy anything new.

Reactions: AudiNutta and D0C
Current RS3 owners need to be a little less sensitive/insecure and offer a touch more humility towards those looking forward to the facelift.
Then this place will be one people enjoy to roam.

I've seen a current owner even demand evidence of the discount a buyer achieved, unbelieving as it was obviously a far better deal.

The same few people post the same things every few weeks.

Early adopters never get the final / best product or the cheapest version. That's why manufacturers have facelifts, to attempt to improve things on a new model that were identified as being not great in use and that were slated in reviews.
The same happens in TV's. You buy the latest as soon as it comes out and a few months down the line it's available far cheaper, then a year or so, an improved variant is out.

That's life, if you can't handle it, or accept it you shouldn't buy anything new.
Chill your beans Craig. It's only a bit of fun / banter. I don't think any of the current RS3 owners are that bothered. I'm certainly not as I've got my eye on another model that should be out sooner than the F/L. It's all debate not worth taking things so seriously!

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Snake Pliskin
Chill your beans Craig. It's only a bit of fun / banter. I don't think any of the current RS3 owners are that bothered. I'm certainly not as I've got my eye on another model that should be out sooner than the F/L. It's all debate not worth taking things so seriously!

Ha ha dont worry mate .... Some people are VERY selective in what they read & post lol :)

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, Radman, Scottyg and 1 other person
Ha ha dont worry mate .... Some people are VERY selective in what they read & post lol :)
I know mate, it's a two way street - but that's why a bit of banter isn't bad in my eyes. Shame some take things so seriously.

Reactions: Radman, Snake Pliskin and Scottyg

Spot on. If they don't like it, it gets skipped over and kept for future......"well you said this". At times it like listening to kids.
As long as posts are not a personal attack on anyone then it's all good banter. Unfortunately, some people will never know what that is or how to do it.
I'm just waiting on one of you current owners winning the lottery and passing me you hand me down RS3s, not fussy on colour or spec, just that engine. :sign yum:

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, Radman, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Spot on. If they don't like it, it gets skipped over and kept for future......"well you said this". At times it like listening to kids.
As long as posts are not a personal attack on anyone then it's all good banter. Unfortunately, some people will never know what that is or how to do it.
I'm just waiting on one of you current owners winning the lottery and passing me you hand me down RS3s, not fussy on colour or spec, just that engine. :sign yum:

Doing the Lottery this weekend, Scott... :racer: If it comes in with sufficient funds I'll get you one... :footy:

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, Snake Pliskin and Scottyg
Status
Not open for further replies.