New RS3 8Y Design Details

wuta3

Personally I think the front end looks like it caught a bin bag on the motorway.
The more I see of this next RS3 the more I think they nailed it with the pre-OPF saloon. Rattling interior aside, i'd not change much for a daily driver.

royalsteve68

Given how Audi have priced the 8Y generally, I would be amazed if pricing came in the same or similar. The S3 Sportback starts from £38,990, so decent spec at least £45k with the loaded Vorsprung £46,740.

Can’t see the starting price of a new RS3 being less than low £50k’s, maybe just under with a decent spec being closer to £60k as others have mentioned. Maybe somewhere in between.
No way, it’ll be a lot more than that. My near full spec rs3 was £57k less discount 3.5 years ago.

Given how crazy prices for cars have gone up, I reckon it’ll start at £50k for the sportback, £51.5k for the saloon. high spec £60k and £61.5k, top spec vorsprung with 180mph limiter removed will be £65k and £66.5k

it’ll be way too much

NevMan

Well known member
No way, it’ll be a lot more than that. My near full spec rs3 was £57k less discount 3.5 years ago.

Given how crazy prices for cars have gone up, I reckon it’ll start at £50k for the sportback, £51.5k for the saloon. high spec £60k and £61.5k, top spec vorsprung with 180mph limiter removed will be £65k and £66.5k

it’ll be way too much

I agree, I was being “conservative”

Snake Pliskin

Supporter
it will be pitched against the A45s so sportback will start around £51k up to around £59k for the vorsprung.

SPIKE_

Vorsprung durch Technik
I think your itching to get back into a 5 pot @Snake Pliskin :racer:! I think your right that there is just enough sound out of the 5 pot, and I think it will look great once you see a few in person and in a few other colours. Would you go Sportback or Saloon?

Snake Pliskin

Supporter
I think your itching to get back into a 5 pot @Snake Pliskin :racer:! I think your right that there is just enough sound out of the 5 pot, and I think it will look great once you see a few in person and in a few other colours. Would you go Sportback or Saloon?

I'm still drawn to the hatch so would go that route. Like many on here I was initially hesitant about the 8Y but the more I look at it, the more I think it does look modern and moves the game on from the 8V - although not in terms of sound or quality of materials perhaps. But from the video's I have seen, it does sound pretty good and the distinct 5 pot sound is clearly noticeable. When I had my 8v RS3, I felt that the sound made up half the fun of the car and now I don't have that I know that for sure So as things stand, yes I am seriously interested in a new RS3. I'm even willing to forgive those big lights and lambo air vents lol for the sake of that 5 pot :)

T-1000

Gold Supporter
I'm still drawn to the hatch so would go that route. Like many on here I was initially hesitant about the 8Y but the more I look at it, the more I think it does look modern and moves the game on from the 8V - although not in terms of sound or quality of materials perhaps. But from the video's I have seen, it does sound pretty good and the distinct 5 pot sound is clearly noticeable. When I had my 8v RS3, I felt that the sound made up half the fun of the car and now I don't have that I know that for sure So as things stand, yes I am seriously interested in a new RS3. I'm even willing to forgive those big lights and lambo air vents lol for the sake of that 5 pot :)

Hear you go Snake to tide you over
25cb522e4c7239c1d14dce8529cdb145.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayemill

Hi Snake,
It’s been a while. Initially I was all for the 8y and willing to order before even trying it. However after hearing the sound and lack of pops and bangs I’m starting to rethink. I still have mine 16 plate and the noise is everything. My twins are driving next year and both of them want to drive it. I have the money to pay off the car and I am really considering giving the 8y a pass. I’ve been waiting on this car for a while after looking at various other makes and models. Nothing has come close to meeting all our circumstances. Might keep it and get a golf r for updated tech. Used prices have recently gone through the roof. Might be a good investment to keep it.

Snake Pliskin

Supporter
Yes sir usually run on around a 30% mix.

thats impressive ... do you add the ethanol yourself then or how do you go about getting the mix to 30% as most public pumps are just 5% to 10% aren’t they ?

T-1000

Gold Supporter
thats impressive ... do you add the ethanol yourself then or how do you go about getting the mix to 30% as most public pumps are just 5% to 10% aren’t they ?

Ethanol sensor fitted.

Fill up with 99 then add the ethanol with a jug.
6ecde4919784ee9f33f493736a2abac6.jpg

7edcd5ddc7ca3413283c0244c138c138.jpg

Snake Pliskin

Supporter
Hi Snake,
It’s been a while. Initially I was all for the 8y and willing to order before even trying it. However after hearing the sound and lack of pops and bangs I’m starting to rethink. I still have mine 16 plate and the noise is everything. My twins are driving next year and both of them want to drive it. I have the money to pay off the car and I am really considering giving the 8y a pass. I’ve been waiting on this car for a while after looking at various other makes and models. Nothing has come close to meeting all our circumstances. Might keep it and get a golf r for updated tech. Used prices have recently gone through the roof. Might be a good investment to keep it.

now then pal ... yeah I kept my 16 plate for 4 years & enjoyed every minute & as you say the sound is amazing !!! .... I definitely miss the sound. God knows how is cope with a Tesla with no sound. My 45 is ok and has reasonable sound above 3,500rpm but the RS3 had it from the get go ... different league !
I don’t feel I can go back to the 8v so a compromised 8y going in with my eyes open will hopefully fit the bill for me. I will test drive one to be sure but based on the videos there’s a lot more 5 cylinder sound than I’m getting from 4 AMG cylinder sets atm :)

Snake Pliskin

Supporter
Ethanol sensor fitted.

Fill up with 99 then add the ethanol with a jug.
6ecde4919784ee9f33f493736a2abac6.jpg

7edcd5ddc7ca3413283c0244c138c138.jpg

thats brilliant !!
So what extra bhp are you getting roughly - you had it dyno’d ?

NevMan

Well known member

Spinstorm

I have asked my dealer to put me down for one of the first cars - obviously nothing on the system yet and it depends on if we can do a deal but if used car prices remain high then I might have a good £8-12k extra from my RS3 that can be the deposit for the new one and it becomes a nice swap (with cheaper monthly payments too!).

FBF01

I had the SB but this time round I prefer the look of the soloon!

NevMan

Well known member
Agree, prefer the look of the saloon. LOVE the seats

Snake Pliskin

Supporter
Agree, prefer the look of the saloon. LOVE the seats

Yeah we finally have the hexagon shapes - they look fantastic !
I would not go for it, but the green contrast stitching looks ace imo.

I also 'think' the door arms are also mono pur, rather than the scratchy material they have put on the S3.
If so a nice premium upgrade there.

SPIKE_

Vorsprung durch Technik
The saloon looks stunning. I do think this will be the best looking RS in the Audi range.

NevMan

Well known member

NevMan

Well known member