New RS3 8Y Design Details

Spinstorm

Reaction score
Today Audi sneak previewed the new RS3 Saloon and Sportback 8Y as you have seen already.
I downloaded the full 28MB image and cropped it and added some notes (attached).

This is what I saw:
  • Wide front wheel arches with vent behind them (as can be seen on rear of saloon)
  • Wide rear aches although it is hard to judge the width here from photos.
  • Awesome new alloys which look like the amazing Pretoria VW wheels.
  • Brakes also appear to be set back more that current RS3 which looks better.
  • Wider grille and front styling which looks like a smaller RS6
  • All black trim including Audi logo (personally this looks bad to me but I know I am in the minority)
  • Horrible rear bumper fake vents! (Why!?) Just leave the bumper as a bumper as my current RS3 looks great like this.
If you notice anything I missed let me know!

Attachments

• D18154AA-A9E7-4A95-B8C1-5489CE6E3A33.jpeg
    D18154AA-A9E7-4A95-B8C1-5489CE6E3A33.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,083
  • EFBCD5FB-AF73-4111-8FA2-9DEC2BB7FE1F.jpeg
    EFBCD5FB-AF73-4111-8FA2-9DEC2BB7FE1F.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 615
Reactions: gussyldr and NevMan
There will be a shortish video on this preview for my channel as there is some new video footage too.

Lol alloys similar to VW Pretoria ?? I don’t know which wheels you were looking at then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And in car footage from the sedan discussing the different modes etc

Reactions: gussyldr and mb127
Without the camo

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1624344779393.jpg
    FB_IMG_1624344779393.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 336
  • FB_IMG_1624344777135.jpg
    FB_IMG_1624344777135.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 302
  • FB_IMG_1624344771850.jpg
    FB_IMG_1624344771850.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 264
  • FB_IMG_1624344793796.jpg
    FB_IMG_1624344793796.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 260
  • FB_IMG_1624344791421.jpg
    FB_IMG_1624344791421.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 286
  • FB_IMG_1624344784042.jpg
    FB_IMG_1624344784042.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 289
  • FB_IMG_1624344774659.jpg
    FB_IMG_1624344774659.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 273
  • FB_IMG_1624344787838.jpg
    FB_IMG_1624344787838.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 276
Reactions: gussyldr, JDHOWELLS and NevMan
Tyres look very square shouldered I wonder if they switched to Michelin’s

From what I've read it's P Zeros or Bridgestones :/

These don’t look like P Zeros

Very square shoulder.
e7e1ec99baf81f7b3cc6f2847e18d7bc.jpg

Could they be Bridestones? Not sure what they are like. Camo cars have P Zeros on.

Attachments

• A213898_large.jpg
    A213898_large.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 274
Could they be Bridestones? Not sure what they are like. Camo cars have P Zeros on.

Difficult to say, be nice if they used a Michelin or Goodyear from factory.

Some Golf8R have Goodyear Supersport on.

Reactions: NevMan
There was an in car comment from one of the videos that I saw that said there was a specially developed Pirelli Trofeo (i think) that was matched to one of the car's performance/track modes, also the lightweight wheels. Not sure what the standard tyres are though.

Reactions: 8YARWY and NevMan
There was an in car comment from one of the videos that I saw that said there was a specially developed Pirelli Trofeo (i think) that was matched to one of the car's performance/track modes, also the lightweight wheels. Not sure what the standard tyres are though.

Reactions: 8YARWY

Yes trofeoR on the prototype.

They are designed for track use so I’d say no.

i thought as much looking at the tread pattern.

the exterior is growing on me & im liking some of the little details like the vented slits behind the front wings & wide stance of the car.

i ‘think’ there just about enough 5 cylinder soundtrack to interest me ... albeit it’s nothing compared to my asbo sounding previous gen RS3.

i thought as much looking at the tread pattern.

the exterior is growing on me & im liking some of the little details like the vented slits behind the front wings & wide stance of the car.

i ‘think’ there just about enough 5 cylinder soundtrack to interest me ... albeit it’s nothing compared to my asbo sounding previous gen RS3.

Until you see the price

Suggesting £50k+ here which would be in the right ball park.

With decent options closer to 60k I’d say.

agreed but still then close to a 45s premium.

let’s see when all is clear

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY
Realistically I don't see how Audi can raise the price too much because the A45S (as mentioned already) has more power and is £51k - the previous base RS3 was £43k.

My car as specced was £56k - got £3k off it so cost me £53k.

So essentially I am looking at the new car for the same price pretty much - plus a very good PX price which might give me a good £10k deposit (I am hoping) which means ordering a new one is a very easy option. It literally involves a lower cost monthly payment (as more deposit) and taking my car in when then new one arrives to swap it....

Realistically I don't see how Audi can raise the price too much because the A45S (as mentioned already) has more power and is £51k - the previous base RS3 was £43k.

My car as specced was £56k - got £3k off it so cost me £53k.

So essentially I am looking at the new car for the same price pretty much - plus a very good PX price which might give me a good £10k deposit (I am hoping) which means ordering a new one is a very easy option. It literally involves a lower cost monthly payment (as more deposit) and taking my car in when then new one arrives to swap it....

Given how Audi have priced the 8Y generally, I would be amazed if pricing came in the same or similar. The S3 Sportback starts from £38,990, so decent spec at least £45k with the loaded Vorsprung £46,740.

Can’t see the starting price of a new RS3 being less than low £50k’s, maybe just under with a decent spec being closer to £60k as others have mentioned. Maybe somewhere in between.

Reactions: Frizzley and 8YARWY
Sounds like you are tempted Snake ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

just for the engine mate but I’m not in any rush ... plus I’d have to closely look at the interior & lights etc. I’m quite happy with the 45 but the 5 cylinder soundtrack is pulling at me :)

just for the engine mate but I’m not in any rush ... plus I’d have to closely look at the interior & lights etc. I’m quite happy with the 45 but the 5 cylinder soundtrack is pulling at me :)

Even in that ‘muted’ form ?

Yeah ... who knows how long we will have the 5 cylinder around for in this crazy world pushing EV's.

Yes the new RS3 sounds inferior to my pre-fl 8v and the fl 8v BUT it is the best we are gonna get.

Reactions: 8YARWY
^ agreed makes the grill(e) look massive!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

if more justification needed to get "the best of what they have now" ......

an all electric RS3/5/6/7 just aint gonna cut it with me - so I gotta make sure I enjoy the petrol RS variants while they are available.

Agree snake. And always stuff like backbox mod, or new backbox to improve sound of exhaust.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin