New RS3 8Y Design Details

Personally I think the front end looks like it caught a bin bag on the motorway.
The more I see of this next RS3 the more I think they nailed it with the pre-OPF saloon. Rattling interior aside, i'd not change much for a daily driver.

Liking the TSW venom throw back wheels still not sure I could live with that interior .

Given how Audi have priced the 8Y generally, I would be amazed if pricing came in the same or similar. The S3 Sportback starts from £38,990, so decent spec at least £45k with the loaded Vorsprung £46,740.

Can’t see the starting price of a new RS3 being less than low £50k’s, maybe just under with a decent spec being closer to £60k as others have mentioned. Maybe somewhere in between.
No way, it’ll be a lot more than that. My near full spec rs3 was £57k less discount 3.5 years ago.

Given how crazy prices for cars have gone up, I reckon it’ll start at £50k for the sportback, £51.5k for the saloon. high spec £60k and £61.5k, top spec vorsprung with 180mph limiter removed will be £65k and £66.5k

it’ll be way too much

Reactions: NevMan
No way, it’ll be a lot more than that. My near full spec rs3 was £57k less discount 3.5 years ago.

Given how crazy prices for cars have gone up, I reckon it’ll start at £50k for the sportback, £51.5k for the saloon. high spec £60k and £61.5k, top spec vorsprung with 180mph limiter removed will be £65k and £66.5k

it’ll be way too much

I agree, I was being “conservative”

it will be pitched against the A45s so sportback will start around £51k up to around £59k for the vorsprung.

Reactions: Dburns1990 and NevMan
I think your itching to get back into a 5 pot @Snake Pliskin :racer:! I think your right that there is just enough sound out of the 5 pot, and I think it will look great once you see a few in person and in a few other colours. Would you go Sportback or Saloon?

I think your itching to get back into a 5 pot @Snake Pliskin :racer:! I think your right that there is just enough sound out of the 5 pot, and I think it will look great once you see a few in person and in a few other colours. Would you go Sportback or Saloon?

I'm still drawn to the hatch so would go that route. Like many on here I was initially hesitant about the 8Y but the more I look at it, the more I think it does look modern and moves the game on from the 8V - although not in terms of sound or quality of materials perhaps. But from the video's I have seen, it does sound pretty good and the distinct 5 pot sound is clearly noticeable. When I had my 8v RS3, I felt that the sound made up half the fun of the car and now I don't have that I know that for sure So as things stand, yes I am seriously interested in a new RS3. I'm even willing to forgive those big lights and lambo air vents lol for the sake of that 5 pot :)

Reactions: Terminator x, NevMan and SPIKE_
I'm still drawn to the hatch so would go that route. Like many on here I was initially hesitant about the 8Y but the more I look at it, the more I think it does look modern and moves the game on from the 8V - although not in terms of sound or quality of materials perhaps. But from the video's I have seen, it does sound pretty good and the distinct 5 pot sound is clearly noticeable. When I had my 8v RS3, I felt that the sound made up half the fun of the car and now I don't have that I know that for sure So as things stand, yes I am seriously interested in a new RS3. I'm even willing to forgive those big lights and lambo air vents lol for the sake of that 5 pot :)

Hear you go Snake to tide you over
25cb522e4c7239c1d14dce8529cdb145.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: Terminator x, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
When on an E blend the car is a different beast. Goes and sounds far better.
657f2623f0a41778b1809d0121ce53d9.jpg

26% ethanol is that ?

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY
Hi Snake,
It’s been a while. Initially I was all for the 8y and willing to order before even trying it. However after hearing the sound and lack of pops and bangs I’m starting to rethink. I still have mine 16 plate and the noise is everything. My twins are driving next year and both of them want to drive it. I have the money to pay off the car and I am really considering giving the 8y a pass. I’ve been waiting on this car for a while after looking at various other makes and models. Nothing has come close to meeting all our circumstances. Might keep it and get a golf r for updated tech. Used prices have recently gone through the roof. Might be a good investment to keep it.

Reactions: 8YARWY, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Yes sir usually run on around a 30% mix.

thats impressive ... do you add the ethanol yourself then or how do you go about getting the mix to 30% as most public pumps are just 5% to 10% aren’t they ?

thats impressive ... do you add the ethanol yourself then or how do you go about getting the mix to 30% as most public pumps are just 5% to 10% aren’t they ?

Ethanol sensor fitted.

Fill up with 99 then add the ethanol with a jug.
6ecde4919784ee9f33f493736a2abac6.jpg

7edcd5ddc7ca3413283c0244c138c138.jpg

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Hi Snake,
It’s been a while. Initially I was all for the 8y and willing to order before even trying it. However after hearing the sound and lack of pops and bangs I’m starting to rethink. I still have mine 16 plate and the noise is everything. My twins are driving next year and both of them want to drive it. I have the money to pay off the car and I am really considering giving the 8y a pass. I’ve been waiting on this car for a while after looking at various other makes and models. Nothing has come close to meeting all our circumstances. Might keep it and get a golf r for updated tech. Used prices have recently gone through the roof. Might be a good investment to keep it.

now then pal ... yeah I kept my 16 plate for 4 years & enjoyed every minute & as you say the sound is amazing !!! .... I definitely miss the sound. God knows how is cope with a Tesla with no sound. My 45 is ok and has reasonable sound above 3,500rpm but the RS3 had it from the get go ... different league !
I don’t feel I can go back to the 8v so a compromised 8y going in with my eyes open will hopefully fit the bill for me. I will test drive one to be sure but based on the videos there’s a lot more 5 cylinder sound than I’m getting from 4 AMG cylinder sets atm :)

Reactions: 8YARWY, kayemill and NevMan
Ethanol sensor fitted.

Fill up with 99 then add the ethanol with a jug.
6ecde4919784ee9f33f493736a2abac6.jpg

7edcd5ddc7ca3413283c0244c138c138.jpg

thats brilliant !!
So what extra bhp are you getting roughly - you had it dyno’d ?

thats brilliant !!
So what extra bhp are you getting roughly - you had it dyno’d ?

Around 50bhp . Yes and it made 540 bhp and 700nm

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
I have asked my dealer to put me down for one of the first cars - obviously nothing on the system yet and it depends on if we can do a deal but if used car prices remain high then I might have a good £8-12k extra from my RS3 that can be the deposit for the new one and it becomes a nice swap (with cheaper monthly payments too!).

Reactions: FBF01 and NevMan
That red Sportback looks awesome, hopefully I'll manage to get hold of one

Reactions: Spinstorm
I want a saloon - but I agree the red sportback looks great!

Agree, prefer the look of the saloon. LOVE the seats

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Agree, prefer the look of the saloon. LOVE the seats

Yeah we finally have the hexagon shapes - they look fantastic !
I would not go for it, but the green contrast stitching looks ace imo.

I also 'think' the door arms are also mono pur, rather than the scratchy material they have put on the S3.
If so a nice premium upgrade there.

You’ll be drifting around those country lanes

I can assure you there will be no drifting going on in my car :)

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY
The saloon looks stunning. I do think this will be the best looking RS in the Audi range.