New RS3 8Y Design Details

The big question for the 8Y RS3 is how well it drives. I do think Audi need to get some positive feedback from the motoring journalists on this one. I really hope it does get some positive comments on it dynamically for a change. They need to take the fight to BMW and Mercedes for once!
It wont though as it's way overpriced.... value for money it's pants that's the script they always stick too and you can see their point....motoring press by that you mean Youtubers well....they'll be all over it like a rash from it's launch...circa 4 to 6 weeks just like they where with the AMG 45s and like most other fast cars.... then it'll be almost forgotten about......just like the S3. Fast Audi's have far more competition now....ie they've all caught with Audi in the last 5 years .... 4 wheel drive is NOT just an Audi thing.....now ye never hear of the RS6/RS7 now on youtube

l saw my first B9 RS6 today close up and on the move Vorsprung model l think it was....l was a bit underwhelmed by it to be honest l much preferred the previous model that had far more road presence and looked far more planted on the road than the new model...as they "Never meet yer Hero's"

I am coming across as being cynical l know that but in my opinion the 8Y has not had Audi's full effort....they've rested on their laurels and been ****** up the ring by Dervgate......To me all their attention is now fixed on electric MILK FLOAT type vehicles

I am disappointed in the lack of crystal effect paints as a standard option.

BUT worse is the fact that if you want the drift mode thats 6,500EUROS - fingers crossed the UK spec pricing is less stupid.

I just specced a 79,000EURO car on the German Configurator!

View attachment 240160
Why the **** you would want drift mode....ye gonna donut yer pride and joy and rip through pairs and pairs of tyres.....it's Pub bragging rights....and it seems to me your a sponge for this type of thing

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY
gotcha ;)
you gonna go exclusive to get nardo again :icon thumright:
Nardo for free was an ok decision, not so sure if £xxxx though! Not decided yeah or nay tbf will wait to see what you and Pete think first.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY and NevMan
Nardo for free was an ok decision, not so sure if £xxxx though! Not decided yeah or nay tbf will wait to see what you and Pete think first.

TX.

i must say whilst I was initially underwhelmed by the A3/S3 .. the RS3 has drawn me in & its got plenty to differentiate it again as the last model.
Hell I even like the light design now lol - check out some of the driving exterior shots & those drl’s look fantastic and the motion on start up / close down is ace.
I sat in an S3 yesterday & again was expecting a lower rent interior and it didn’t feel so at all. The seats even in the S3 were excellent & the quality of leather was as you’d expect from Audi first rate. The steering wheel was perfectly sized and positioned too. Virtual cockpit was good and of course the RS3 comes with the over sized screen. So I was satisfied enough from sitting in the S3 that the RS3 would definitely deliver again. I know the soundtrack won’t be the same level as before but I’ll be happy just to hear that 5 cylinder again even at a lower volume. The alloys look great on the new car too. Good to see we have premium mono pur again for the RS3 too, it just lifts the cabin quality. Once you analyse the car closely there is quite a lot to like about it and it has 100% moved the game on from the 8v imo. I’ve enjoyed the 45s but it’s far too quiet for me, it’s a clinal scalpel whereas the RS3 is a sledgehammer lol :icon thumright:

Reactions: PeteRS3lee, NevMan, Terminator x and 1 other person
On the subject of paint, I see on UK configurator we could have exclusive colour for a RSQ3 but not on German configurator. Likewise nothing on German RS3 configurator for exclusive colour.

So (I know we should just wait till August...but) will we likely get choice of exclusive colour on UK configurator when it opens?

Reactions: NevMan
Why the **** you would want drift mode....ye gonna donut yer pride and joy and rip through pairs and pairs of tyres.....it's Pub bragging rights....and it seems to me your a sponge for this type of thing
I know everyone will do different things with their car but drift mode does strike me as a gimmick. I’m far more interested in torque vectoring working with the four wheel drive system to deliver you round the corner and fire you down the straight. Ie handling is hopefully going to be improved and be recognised by proper motoring journalists, who will possibly give grudging praise but then say wait for an M2 as then you can properly go sideways. No thank you, I have to pay for my tyres

I think the standard spec is going to be pretty good, but think the RS sports seats with red stitching will be on option list ( I’m basing that view on the Audi UK web page, “RS sports seats are standard but optionally you can have quilted seats with contrasting stitching” or something similar.

TX.

Nardo
all be it a nice colour I’ve never got past the fact it looks like primer before it gets a top coat
So for me I have never wanted it
But as said it does look nice still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Terminator x
Tomorrow 26th July will be the day 2years ago I joined this nut house
So that’s 2 years I’ve wanted the new rs3
So with that in mind I’m staying in till the end and seeing it through
I’m 54 years old and see this as the last hoorah for me to get into a fast new car before either calming down or made to go all electric in the near future if I’m still around
I have a beautiful A7 which I absolutely love and can see me back in 1 after the Rs without a doubt
Just got to scratch this last itch
Initially the haters put me off but I am actually loving the looks of the 3
Can’t wait now before I get into 1 before snake

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and Terminator x
if anyone wants any info i can check on polish website they have already rs3 in config :)

interested is there is matt and gloss pack for rear and front grill :)
also aluminium pack

led as standard , matrix as option. and many more info

but i also know they have better car configurators then UK :) we dont have anything special tbh

Reactions: NevMan, PeteRS3lee, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Polish config also has Goodwood Pearl green which looks really nice but costs £2.5k I guess it’s there as an example of individual colours

Yeah , when you compare on s3 uk.config its very low and was before removal.as well

Yeah , when you compare on s3 uk.config its very low and was before removal.as well

At least you can configure 1
I tried
f180624885928f12eea196f42779b82a.jpg

The Czech config has Kylami green as the one free colour… and the worse steering wheel is free there

Tomorrow 26th July will be the day 2years ago I joined this nut house
So that’s 2 years I’ve wanted the new rs3
So with that in mind I’m staying in till the end and seeing it through
I’m 54 years old and see this as the last hoorah for me to get into a fast new car before either calming down or made to go all electric in the near future if I’m still around
I have a beautiful A7 which I absolutely love and can see me back in 1 after the Rs without a doubt
Just got to scratch this last itch
Initially the haters put me off but I am actually loving the looks of the 3
Can’t wait now before I get into 1 before snake

I'll wait 2 years with the TT then get around £4k off one by then all the **** ups and gremlins will be gone from the car...plus have a laugh at you complaining that you've had to leave the RS3 with the Audi dealership again and again lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
I've put my deposit down. Dealer didn't have a clue on anything. Wife's TTRS will be going and this will be the repalcement. Trouble is, none of the colours grab me. Obvioulsy I've only seen the Red and Green in Video form but I REALLY hope they allow the exclusive colours otherwise I'm going to be really stuck. Love the green to be fare but could I live with it?

I've put my deposit down. Dealer didn't have a clue on anything. Wife's TTRS will be going and this will be the repalcement. Trouble is, none of the colours grab me. Obvioulsy I've only seen the Red and Green in Video form but I REALLY hope they allow the exclusive colours otherwise I'm going to be really stuck. Love the green to be fare but could I live with it?
Having had years of getting familiar with Audi's exclusive paint colour range all l can say is nothings been added to it for years Audis standard colours throughout the full model range actually mirrors most of the exclusive range... off the top of my head l would Nogaro,Solar orange,Riviera are stand alone Exclusive paints the Exclusive paint colour range has become somewhat diluted its go bold or go home.....my previous car colour was the last colour to be added to the range ....most Porsche PTS are available to order on an Audi so best to check them out

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin

I like the green too ... and did have a mad moment at the weekend where I was considering it :tearsofjoy:
But then realised it was far too risky so kicked it into touch.
I did consider red also though as does look damn good in the photos.
But although it is nowhere near as lairy as green, its just not a colour I would ever usually pick by choice, so again steering clear.
As for exclusive I am sure it will be offered, but it could extend the delivery from god knows when to I hope you have the patience of a saint :blink:

I like the green too but only on the saloon. The black is nice but have had too many black cars and it is a nightmare to keep clean. Had Navarra Blue on my S3 and was really disappointed with that. Am considering Sepang if I go Sportback.

I like the green too but only on the saloon. The black is nice but have had too many black cars and it is a nightmare to keep clean. Had Navarra Blue on my S3 and was really disappointed with that. Am considering Sepang if I go Sportback.
Disappointed with Navarra Blue!! :sign spam::sign omg::sign werd:

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, RS3ree and Snake Pliskin
Disappointed with Navarra Blue!! :sign spam::sign omg::sign werd:
Yeah sorry, didn't float my boat at all. Had Sprint Blue on my 8P S3 and Sepang on my B8 S4, then Navarra on an 8V. All blues, maybe I should go Green!

Sepang is stunning .. I would just struggle to pay £2,400 for it when it was an option colour a few years ago for £550

Spring blue is a great colour too, I remember when it came out and was available for the TTS around 2010.

I saw a black RSQ8 at the Dealership at the weekend and OMG it looked so mean ... but as you say, having owned a black car myself I said never again due to the upkeep.

I'll wait 2 years with the TT then get around £4k off one by then all the **** ups and gremlins will be gone from the car...plus have a laugh at you complaining that you've had to leave the RS3 with the Audi dealership again and again lol

I know I can’t wait jassy

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan

Thought you hated the thing anyways

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
I like the green too ... and did have a mad moment at the weekend where I was considering it :tearsofjoy:
But then realised it was far too risky so kicked it into touch.
I did consider red also though as does look damn good in the photos.
But although it is nowhere near as lairy as green, its just not a colour I would ever usually pick by choice, so again steering clear.
As for exclusive I am sure it will be offered, but it could extend the delivery from god knows when to I hope you have the patience of a saint :blink:

So what colour is it going to be then
When you get it sometime after mine
Of course

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan

Nice job
Should get yours well after mine
Bit like pliskin will get his after you
Don’t tell him though

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Thought you hated the thing anyways

HATE strong word.... l really dislike the S3 8y a backwards come some sideways move from the cracking S3 I had mate....the TTS is a extremely capable fast car but it has'nt surpassed what l had before as a all round package the pre opf S3/RS3 Fl models will go down as the best of all A3/S3/RS3's ever made FACT.....I wanted a RS3 for far longer than 13 months....it's 6 years now and counting but in the past l did'nt want to spend the money/or it was'nt available to order l trolled dealerships early last winter via email/calls N/A to order.....same happened when l ordered my S3 Saloon back in May 2017 a month later the FL RS3 was announced .....but l had already ordered the S3 in an exclusive paint and when you order a exclusive paint you have to pay between a £1000 to £2000 deposit so l was'nt prepared to forfeit this depost for an RS3 in a ordinary colour....when the RS3 FL was released in August 2017.........Audi always introduce/to order the RS3 THE FOLLOWING YEAR after the introduction of the S3 in August in normal times customers get them around Nov/Dec.....your looking at next April/May now......once order books open so you 2......old Muppets can charge on and give this Tumbleweed filled car forum a well earned sprinkler system.....of overwhelming moisture enthused bit of car ordering nonsense should keep us entertained over the long winter months...lol

Attachments

• statler and waldorf.jpg
    statler and waldorf.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
HATE strong word.... l really dislike the S3 8y a backwards come some sideways move from the cracking S3 I had mate....the TTS is a extremely capable fast car but it has'nt surpassed what l had before as a all round package the pre opf S3/RS3 Fl models will go down as the best of all A3/S3/RS3's ever made FACT.....I wanted a RS3 for far longer than 13 months....it's 6 years now and counting but in the past l did'nt want to spend the money/or it was'nt available to order l trolled dealerships early last winter via email/calls N/A to order.....same happened when l ordered my S3 Saloon back in May 2017 a month later the FL RS3 was announced .....but l had already ordered the S3 in an exclusive paint and when you order a exclusive paint you have to pay between a £1000 to £2000 deposit so l was'nt prepared to forfeit this depost for an RS3 in a ordinary colour....when the RS3 FL was released in August 2017.........Audi always introduce/to order the RS3 THE FOLLOWING YEAR after the introduction of the S3 in August in normal times customers get them around Nov/Dec.....your looking next at April/May now......once order books open so you 2......old Muppets can charge on and give this Tumbleweed filled car forum a well earned sprinkler system.....of overwhelming moisture enthused bit of car ordering nonsense should keep us entertained over the long winter months...lol

Jesus
I only asked
Lol
Get yourself on the no hope list like the rest of us dead beats
Love u

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and Jassyo06
Jesus
I only asked
Lol
Get yourself on the no hope list like the rest of us dead beats
Love u

Ditto...lol l will never buy a car without a discount mate it goes against everything l believe in....especially one at this price one of my sons who works in the trade....My son Jordan is with Audi just now so ....so l get the full inside info they are in dire straits atm....but cars are now coming through ie the 8Y's slowly but surely....it's going to take time Brexit and Covid have ****** up the UK

Last edited:
Reactions: 8YARWY, RS3ree, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Nice job
Should get yours well after mine
Bit like pliskin will get his after you
Don’t tell him though

lol ... you are setting yourself up for a big fall when my car arrives first :tearsofjoy:
but of course I won’t make a big thing of it ;)
PMSL-Ville :)

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
So what colour is it going to be then
When you get it sometime after mine
Of course

Daytona grey :icon thumright:
I think it suits all RS models & will blend with that front grill well.
Black will look good but it’s the upkeep that puts me off.

Ditto...lol l will never buy a car without a discount mate it goes against everything l believe in....especially one at this price one of my sons who works in the trade....My son Jordan is with Audi just now so ....so l get the full inside info they are in dire straits atm....but cars are now coming through ie the 8Y's slowly but surely....it's going to take time Brexit and Covid have ****** up the UK

Seriously in no rush I’m enjoying my A7 a lot so it’s no big deal
All the talk is just banter of course keeps it jovial and keeps us sane
I wouldn’t care if it was next year early/ mid summer as I’d never use it in our ***** winters
Cost is a factor and how much Audi give me on the A7
if the salesman is **** head and winds me up with unrealistic build and delivery times
Like I know they do a lot to customers

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Seriously in no rush I’m enjoying my A7 a lot so it’s no big deal

I wouldn’t care if it was next year early/ mid summer

ah now that’s the mind set you need to adopt ... will be a good cope mechanism when you’re car is months after mine ;) :tearsofjoy:

Nardo
all be it a nice colour I’ve never got past the fact it looks like primer before it gets a top coat
So for me I have never wanted it
But as said it does look nice still

That's why it was a massive win for Audi, essentially a cheap to produce flat colour that people loved.

Reactions: PeteRS3lee
Daytona grey :icon thumright:
I think it suits all RS models & will blend with that front grill well.
Black will look good but it’s the upkeep that puts me off.

I find black easy with a ceramic coat

Reactions: Snake Pliskin