New RS3 8Y Design Details

But does it have the other assistance features. I think the main reason for capacitive steering wheel is for travel assist (lane keeping) so you maintain hold of wheel and not decide that you are going to read paper while it steers itself down M40. Normal adaptive cruise isn't combined with lane keep assist and so the flat bottomed wheel is fitted.

(of course I might not know what I am talking about but that is how I think it works)

Yep has Lane assist too
And how do you know I was reading paper down m40
Doesn’t have park assist plus
or the city pack though
Maybe it would have a round 1 then
Must check the A7 vorsprung see what that gets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan and AndyVWR
All them options are gonna make it slower ...l asked my boy today about lead times for the new RS3 saying Audi said November....he started laughing....ergo
I was told march 2022 at the earliest from my local dealership

Reactions: NevMan, AndyVWR, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
normal cruise is fine for me ... I don’t need or want that other added gumph !

Adaptive is brilliant in queues of traffic as I found out yesterday coming home from AITP

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
But does it have the other assistance features. I think the main reason for capacitive steering wheel is for travel assist (lane keeping) so you maintain hold of wheel and not decide that you are going to read paper while it steers itself down M40. Normal adaptive cruise isn't combined with lane keep assist and so the flat bottomed wheel is fitted.

(of course I might not know what I am talking about but that is how I think it works)

My misses Q3 Vorsprung has a flat bottom steering wheel, ACC and lane Assist and that tells you keep hold of the wheel. Got the same set up my S5 too.

Reactions: AndyVWR, NevMan, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Nope just me
Archie can go **** himself
Lol

you’re not gonna be happy when he plasters his new RS3 all over YouTube months before you get yours lol :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
you’re not gonna be happy when he plasters his new RS3 all over YouTube months before you get yours lol :tearsofjoy:

Stop now
He won’t be happy when I plaster his dead body on you tube

Too far
Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan

That really is a $hi7 show.

The only way to get flat bottom steering wheel is with a base car or carbon.

Then the only way to get sports exhaust is combined with ceramic brakes.

Then with those options ... no pano roof available, no alcantara steering wheel, appears to be no interior style pack full stop.

The base car comes with the light silver alloys with no option to change, but no option to change alloys on any of the cars - they come with what they come with.

No option of red brake calipers - only comes as standard on the launch edition.

I'm thinking there must be more to come - as there isn't even an option to choose the stitch colour for the interior ... so the configurator will hopefully give more options for individual customisation.

Reactions: NevMan
Early adopters get a raw deal @Snake Pliskin

Remember the PFL, we couldn't order carbon inserts as they arrived later etc.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Freeze, 8YARWY, NevMan and 2 others
That really is a $hi7 show.

The only way to get flat bottom steering wheel is with a base car or carbon.

Then the only way to get sports exhaust is combined with ceramic brakes.

Then with those options ... no pano roof available, no alcantara steering wheel, appears to be no interior style pack full stop.

The base car comes with the light silver alloys with no option to change, but no option to change alloys on any of the cars - they come with what they come with.

No option of red brake calipers - only comes as standard on the launch edition.

I'm thinking there must be more to come - as there isn't even an option to choose the stitch colour for the interior ... so the configurator will hopefully give more options for individual customisation.
I was thinking the same, there is a bright colour choice too, as Ter says early cars always seem to be limited.

I guess that the gamble be one of the first and show off, or wait till the dust settles and get a better choice.

I have the Ceramics on mine (8P) I find there great.

Reactions: Terminator x, AndyVWR and Snake Pliskin
Had A go
no info on what packs contain what
confusing indeed
best wait till tomorrow or thursday

At the moment - best option is vorsprung if you want all the extras like leccy seats, pano roof, sports exhaust etc and don't want ceramic brakes.
But there may not be a choice on the alloys or option for a flat bottom steering wheel.
Like you say, fingers crossed the configurator changes all that :icon thumright:

from the press release it mentions about the Carbon Black:

Stepping up to the RS 3 Carbon Black (+£4,650) brings darkened Matrix LED headlamps, five-spoke 19-inch matt black alloy wheels, a gloss black front spoiler as well as a carbon fibre finish to the exterior mirror housings, rear spoiler, side skirts and engine cover.

using the DCC, it doesn't seem to show this front gloss black spoiler - do they mean the splitter/lip spoiler will be black also?

or are they talking about those side vent slats?

For anyone considering the carbon ceramic brakes - what is the life expectancy of them before they need changing and what are approx costs of replacement pads and discs ....... any ideas ?

Reactions: Add_Profile
For anyone considering the carbon ceramic brakes - what is the life expectancy of them before they need changing and what are approx costs of replacement pads and discs ....... any ideas ?
No idea on replacement cost but they're not going to be cheap but should last for ages if not hammered. Still you'll only have to worry about replacing two as they're only on the front axle and not the rear.

Reactions: Add_Profile
No idea on replacement cost but they're not going to be cheap but should last for ages if not hammered. Still you'll only have to worry about replacing two as they're only on the front axle and not the rear.

True ... and hopefully they won't squeal like the regular brakes :)

Reactions: Terminator x
True ... and hopefully they won't squeal like the regular brakes :)
Other VAG brands which use ceramics do have reports of them squealing more than steels! Their other benefit of no brake dust, which would be particularly useful with the 10 Y spoke wheels, is lost on the rears.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

Something like 4K for the discs.

Pads are around £700.

• Wow
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Check this out from my dealer to whom I had a conversation this morning
Launch edition
Allocation is only to dealers and press blah blah as you all stated
but they can choose a standard colour
But from my dealers mouth
They will be allocated a launch edition to which I can spec the colour and saloon or sports back but that’s about it
I’m going in at 4 on Friday to spec my car too and they will keep the car I don’t choose upon arrival and I will have the other depending on which I like best
Words from my dealer

Reactions: RS3ree, AndyVWR, NevMan and 2 others
Check this out from my dealer to whom I had a conversation this morning
Launch edition
Allocation is only to dealers and press blah blah as you all stated
but they can choose a standard colour
But from my dealers mouth
They will be allocated a launch edition to which I can spec the colour and saloon or sports back but that’s about it
I’m going in at 4 on Friday to spec my car too and they will keep the car I don’t choose upon arrival and I will have the other depending on which I like best
Words from my dealer

so what will you spec ... a carbon with extras or vorsprung ?

Seriously throwing £6000 on carbon ceramic brakes ...madness you'll never recoup that dosh back and yer car won't look any better for them they are for track use ONLY

Seriously throwing £6000 on carbon ceramic brakes ...madness you'll never recoup that dosh back and yer car won't look any better for them they are for track use ONLY
only way to get sports exhaust and ACC on the carbon though ....... or so we think atm

Reactions: AndyVWR
only way to get sports exhaust and ACC on the carbon though ....... or so we think atm
Well the way l see it going by what the impatient few are saying/configuration Audi are not planning to produce a large number of cars for the UK market ...North America and the Asian markets will have priority on the car .....what's the big rush for yer gonna get ****** by spec and cost

Reactions: NevMan, 8YARWY and Snake Pliskin
so what will you spec ... a carbon with extras or vorsprung ?

No clue snake
I’m thinking carbon at the mo
Although vorsprung as it has the 360 camera auto boot cos I’m lazy
Good for my garage parking as it’s a little tight
If I can spec up a carbon to near vorsprung I will go that route
Carbon has the correct interior
Correct wheels
Vorsprung seems to be for posh people like jassy
Want sports exhaust
Red brakes and interior
Roof doesn’t bother me as I’ve never even opened it on A7
Don’t need ceramics

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06, Add_Profile and 1 other person
No clue snake
I’m thinking carbon at the mo
Although vorsprung as it has the 360 camera auto boot cos I’m lazy
Good for my garage parking as it’s a little tight
If I can spec up a carbon to near vorsprung I will go that route
Carbon has the correct interior
Correct wheels
Vorsprung seems to be for posh people like jassy
Want sports exhaust
Red brakes and interior
Roof doesn’t bother me as I’ve never even opened it on A7
Don’t need ceramics

Vorsprung models are only for jassy lol l got £10k off my TTS overall car cost me personally £51k
Your paying TTRS Vorsprung money for a RS3 Carbon.....well close to it no TTRS or RS3 is worth £65k or more

Reactions: NevMan and Mr Freeze
Vorsprung models are only for jassy lol l got £10k off my TTS overall car cost me personally £51k
Your paying TTRS Vorsprung money for a RS3 Carbon.....well close to it no TTRS or RS3 is worth £65k or more
Totally agree the Rs3 is not a 60k+ car .

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
I have to say my biggest ”beef” here is the fact you have to have the carbon brakes with the dynamic pack; they are extra expense to replace and not needed.

We don’t know if the drift mode is included as standard or not etc…

Reactions: AndyVWR and Snake Pliskin
what if it were £59,999 ? ;)
appols for going slightly off topic but you could save yourself £9 and get this instead with a flat bottomed wheel included too :sign yum: :whistle2:

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
I have to say my biggest ”beef” here is the fact you have to have the carbon brakes with the dynamic pack; they are extra expense to replace and not needed.

We don’t know if the drift mode is included as standard or not etc…

Reactions: AndyVWR and NevMan
but that same document says you can spec the dynamic pack with the vorsprung, but the DCC says no, so..................????