New RS3 Advise

Khunrichy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just picked up this little bad boy on Monday.

I was wondering what the more experienced owners recommended regarding remapping the engine? What options were available and if they had any companies in and around London they recommended?

Previous Car had a stage 1 remap from APR and also the DSG gearbox remapped.

Also has anyone put 20”/21” Alloys on these cars. And if so is it problematic in terms of every day use.

Thanks

Attachments

• 39ADC876-7EFA-4608-91FD-911CD7C3E1E9.jpeg
    39ADC876-7EFA-4608-91FD-911CD7C3E1E9.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 286
Reactions: James 123
Hi Everyone,

Just picked up this little bad boy on Monday.

I was wondering what the more experienced owners recommended regarding remapping the engine? What options were available and if they had any companies in and around London they recommended?

Previous Car had a stage 1 remap from APR and also the DSG gearbox remapped.

Also has anyone put 20”/21” Alloys on these cars. And if so is it problematic in terms of every day use.

Thanks
Looks lovely, congrats.

Plenty of tuners with good maps. Highly recommend. I have a TTRS with 20" wheels. Certainly doesn't ride like a limo and I have to be very careful. It's ok though. Wouldn't want to go to 21"!

21s!!! I run 21’s on an A8 with 25 profile tyres, there’s no way you’ll get some to go on an RS3 and be usable!

I ran 1x 20 rim for 50 miles when I had a blow out on my RS3, it had no rubbing points lock to lock but did have a slightly larger circumference than the 3x 19s on it so if you did it then you’d need rubber band tyres to maintain correct speedo and keep the ESP/Haldex happy (which incidentally are VERY sensitive to rolling radius changes). So you could probably run 20s if you were very careful about the overall radius staying the same with the right tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be clear you've had it for a week and already want to remap it? Have you considered an RS6? :wink new:

Good man, no messing! If you are remapping it will benefit from an intercooler upgrade too. Mrc and storm developments for custom mapping down south. Along with the usual Apr and revo for generic maps

Looks lovely, congrats.

Plenty of tuners with good maps. Highly recommend. I have a TTRS with 20" wheels. Certainly doesn't ride like a limo and I have to be very careful. It's ok though. Wouldn't want to go to 21"!

I’m not planning on using it as a limo.

Do you have any pics of yours?

You had any other issues?

Reactions: FBF01
21s!!! I run 21’s on an A8 with 25 profile tyres, there’s no way you’ll get some to go on an RS3 and be usable!

I ran 1x 20 rim for 50 miles when I had a blow out on my RS3, it had no rubbing points lock to lock but did have a slightly larger circumference than the 3x 19s on it so if you did it then you’d need rubber band tyres to maintain correct speedo and keep the ESP/Haldex happy (which incidentally are VERY sensitive to rolling radius changes). So you could probably run 20s if you were very careful about the overall radius staying the same with the right tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds pretty complex. You certainly know your ish. I’m tempted to get some 20” wheels but the general consensus I’m reading is it’s not a good idea. The ones in the pic are pretty good. Im not fond of the ones currently on there.

Attachments

• 7ACEAF7D-BA6B-48CD-92CD-346B9237EDDA.jpeg
    7ACEAF7D-BA6B-48CD-92CD-346B9237EDDA.jpeg
    306.9 KB · Views: 215
To be clear you've had it for a week and already want to remap it? Have you considered an RS6? :wink new:

Haha I’ve not actually seen it yet. It will be at home when I get back from abroad on Sunday. I’d love a RS6 but I don’t have any kids yet. The RS6 is the Daddy!

Good man, no messing! If you are remapping it will benefit from an intercooler upgrade too. Mrc and storm developments for custom mapping down south. Along with the usual Apr and revo for generic maps

Thanks DC911. What’s the difference between custom and generic ones in your opinion?

All stage 1 software is generic iirc

Reactions: Khunrichy
I’m not planning on using it as a limo.

Do you have any pics of yours?

You had any other issues?
No issues, and not odd tyre wear like some with the RS3 are suffering.

Attachments

• IMG_5735.JPG
    IMG_5735.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 205
I'll have a cut and blow dry @D0C ;)

TX.

Reactions: AudiNutta, billymc92, Khunrichy and 1 other person
I'll have a cut and blow dry @D0C ;)

TX.
To be fair, only had one negative comment on it in 10 months, where the guy thought I was speeding down his 30mph street. I wasn't, but it was a narrow street and so must have sounded loud echoing off the houses. When I stopped to explain this to him, he apologised but said it was a "s*** hairdressers car anyway...".

Reactions: Terminator x and Khunrichy
To be fair, only had one negative comment on it in 10 months, where the guy thought I was speeding down his 30mph street. I wasn't, but it was a narrow street and so must have sounded loud echoing off the houses. When I stopped to explain this to him, he apologised but said it was a "s*** hairdressers car anyway...".

Haha Can hairdressers afford such motors? I like it. The wheels look good too.

No issues, and not odd tyre wear like some with the RS3 are suffering.

Looks great DOC! Living up to the keep it dirty reputation ;) Still looks the danglies!!

Congrats to the op, the car looks great! Good luck keeping it free of swirls with that colour ;)

MRC seems to be the place to go for any mapping.

Haha Can hairdressers afford such motors? I like it. The wheels look good too.
I’ve had 2 TT’s, MK1 3.2 dsg and MK3 TDI ultra, the amount of stick I got from friends for the MK1 was crazy, none really for the MK3. I wonder how many hairdressers drive 400bhp plus.....

I’ve had 2 TT’s, MK1 3.2 dsg and MK3 TDI ultra, the amount of stick I got from friends for the MK1 was crazy, none really for the MK3. I wonder how many hairdressers drive 400bhp plus.....

Ha I’m guessing not many.

Reactions: TYb