Facelift New RS3 and 4 cylinder [emoji23]

T

T-800

3b92d1ad5f0c6313a06189de748c08db.png

Not sure how genuine this is but I do fear with the new emissions regulations this may be a sign of things to come . . .

Should make our cars more desirable though

Reactions: monopole
The new TTRS is retaining the 5 cylinder engine so I doubt that the RS3 will change.

It's sadly the way things are moving :(

Lots of German manufacturers have dropped cylinders from their performance models...Audi, BMW, Porsche, Mercedes...

I would be surprised if Audi put so much money into designing the 5cyl for the 8P/8J RS cars to then only use them for two generations of each. There would also be no differentiation between the S and RS car which is really the reason people buy them. I suspect we'll see the 5cyl retained with some sort of hybrid system.

Reactions: Terminator x
Don't worry it's not dead till I'm dead

Reactions: FBF01
The engine has won numerous awards and is praised by so many journalists and owners, so I would be astounded and appalled if they ever did such a thing....don’t believe a word of it

Reactions: RS4B5 and neg
Not sure how genuine this is but I do fear with the new emissions regulations this may be a sign of things to come . . .

Should make our cars more desirable though

It's not genuine at all. Just a random instagram post with an edited picture. I'd expect a mild hybrid 5 cylinder version before a proper hybrid 4 cylinder.

No chance. If it was a 6 cylinder then maybe. I reckon they'll try to trim the weight in the next gen and maybe add an electric motor instead of the turbo which will aide instant power, but the 5 cylinder engine will stay for now

Well, It was documented that Audi engineers wanted to use the S3 engine in the current and previous RS3, as it was lighter. Audi Board said no.

Well, It was documented that Audi engineers wanted to use the S3 engine in the current and previous RS3, as it was lighter. Audi Board said no.
Praise be that the executives overruled the engineers. I doubt I would buy an RS3 with a 4-cylinder engine.

The only engines that compete in an even moderately sensible price range are AMG V8's and Porsche's 6-cyl in the GT3 range, and even that's hellishly expensive. I suppose Jag's V8's are pretty mean, too!

Praise be that the executives overruled the engineers. I doubt I would buy an RS3 with a 4-cylinder engine.

The only engines that compete in an even moderately sensible price range are AMG V8's and Porsche's 6-cyl in the GT3 range, and even that's hellishly expensive. I suppose Jag's V8's are pretty mean, too!

No BMW engine then Doc

Reactions: D0C
No to the 4 cylinder engine

I bet it will be more agile and weigh less blah blah

Hope this increases residual prices on the 5cylinder rs3, which is all good

Better to down-size the 5-pot (back to the classic 2.2, perhaps?) before chopping a cylinder.

I totally agree that the RS3 would be much less desirable without the 12453...

Reactions: RS4B5 and teslaboy
:gun2::gun2::gun2:Audi will be putting the new rs5 v6 engine in the new Audi rs3 like bmw have just put the m4 twin turbo engine in the m2 comp pack

NO Just stop F'''''''ing about

Reactions: RS4B5
Just enjoy the car we have now it could be one of the last

Reactions: AudiNutta, Tristan2 and Dan_DJT
this could be true as my rs3 order in Australia didn't go through they came back saying productions are on hold for emission tests etc
can't order an rs3 till early 2019 for an mid 2019 delievery ... which sucks .. now i am looking for one in the market ...
I d hate to drive a 4 cylinder rs3 lol i d never buy one in the first place .

Reactions: NevMan
An RS3 with a 4 cylinder would essentially be an S3, what is the point?

Are they going to add a sound actuator so it sounds like a 5 pot like they’ve done with every downsized engine because they’re a complete joke.

I think they’ll go the same way as the other Audi’s first and add a 48v hybrid system before chopping off a cylinder, it makes more sense because they would lose a lot of customers who actually buy the RS3 because it has a unique engine and soundtrack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Adi7r
NOT an RS3 5 cylinder only... i think the RS3 are slowly getting less mean looking and more like a standard car they need to mix it up alittle not a futuristic piece of poop

Reactions: RS4B5
NOT an RS3 5 cylinder only... i think the RS3 are slowly getting less mean looking and more like a standard car they need to mix it up alittle not a futuristic piece of poop
Less mean looking? I completely disagree. The 8V facelift made the car look more aggressive

Reactions: sve170, teslaboy and dno_uk
Less mean looking? I completely disagree. The 8V facelift made the car look more aggressive

I think it looks meaner than the 8P RS3 for sure but I wouldn't call the RS3 a mean looking car anyway.

Audi_RS3_Sportback_Daytonagrau.JPG

Der RS 3 (2021) bleibt dem Fünfzylinder treu. Mit Otto-Partikelfilter samt diversen innermotorischen Maßnahmen soll die jüngste Ausgabe aber sogar den dann noch nicht final definierten Euro-7-Standard erfüllen. Um die Leistungs- und Drehmomentkurven anzufetten, soll der RS-3-Motor serienmäßig mit Wassereinspritzung vom Band rollen, in der ersten Ausbaustufe stehen 420 PS und 500 Nm im Raum. Mittelfristig soll der Fünfender sogar 450 PS mobilisieren.

Der RS 3 (2021) bleibt dem Fünfzylinder treu. Mit Otto-Partikelfilter samt diversen innermotorischen Maßnahmen soll die jüngste Ausgabe aber sogar den dann noch nicht final definierten Euro-7-Standard erfüllen. Um die Leistungs- und Drehmomentkurven anzufetten, soll der RS-3-Motor serienmäßig mit Wassereinspritzung vom Band rollen, in der ersten Ausbaustufe stehen 420 PS und 500 Nm im Raum. Mittelfristig soll der Fünfender sogar 450 PS mobilisieren.

Pardon?

9f6e663ee69b7d4a5b9d5d61caed31f8.png

Sounds like it’s going to be another weapon, well done Audi.

My old Spec C Impreza had water injection 20 years ago ;) what goes around comes around.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

My old Spec C Impreza had water injection 20 years ago ;) what goes around comes around.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
Giving you're age away there @terminator x

Must be due your free bus pass any day now? ;)

Reactions: NevMan and AudiNutta
T-800...thx for the translation

Verstuurd vanaf mijn WAS-LX1A met Tapatalk

Reactions: T-800
So this will be the next RS3 due out in a few years that will have 420hp and water injection?

I think its the current gen RS3 after they start being built again, then the next gen will have 450hp or am I reading it wrong?

I think you reading wrong...
this data is for the NEW RS3 from 2021.

After the summer-break, the RS3 will be rebuilt with a GPF and consumption data according to the new WLTP standard. Those who are waiting for an order will receive it from October.

The order stop came during the holiday because the production line had to be adjusted in order by the European WLTP standard that starts in September 2018.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn WAS-LX1A met Tapatalk