Reaction score
Few more pics today.
2a98459a.jpg

aa416f99.jpg

da3fa43d.jpg

0f8d91e6.jpg

Reactions: audicruiser, Paullie and ZACK
Mmmm nice :icon_thumright:

Very nice !! Was you having a play with that Porsche in the background lol?

Congratulations on the car! Post some comments on how you think it handles when you get more comfortable with driving it!

Hi guys.
A few initial thoughts.
ENGINE
The engine is awesome - no turbo lag and pulls really strong everywhere.
it won engine of the year last year, and I can see why.
obviously I haven't revved it right out, will wait until there are 1000 miles on it.
you can imagine Audi will keep this engine for their special vehicles, in varying states of tune, like the Quattro concept etc.
SOUND
You can tell that the exhaust has been tuned for sound as well as performance.
the sport button opens a valve to accentuate this as well as adjusts throttle response and steering feel.
Imagine the 10v Quattro from the 80's, under certain conditions it's just like that.
the S-Tronic gear changes are stunning if you boot it with the sport button on.
Reminds me of a touring car.
HANDLING
Not had chance to push it but the ride is not really harsh, like my RS2 was.
i would describe it as firm but with supple damping.
obviously this performance needs control so don't buy an Audi RS model then complain about the ride.
LOOKS
I don't have the aluminium styling pack so many of the body elements are body coloured or gloss black.
Like the front lip or edges of the front air intakes and the gap between the doors.
i quite like this more understated look.
As I have a short number plate, I asked for the front number plate holder to be removed and directly fitted to the grille.
New RS3 owners take a look at this when they PDI yours.
It turns heads, but only those that know what it is.
We are really going to have to watch the wheels with such low profile tyres.
the side walls to me need to be more square so will look at options when they need changing.

Im really really happy with it and it will be a keeper.
Cant wait to get some more miles on it.

Reactions: N8
Sounds really good, mate:icon_thumright: nice review too - cheers! I'm definitely going to have to look into the front numberplate thingy..

Jersey Paul,
I've been driving mine around for the past two months and have no issue with the 'ride' thinks its just right. As you said the 's' button really sharpens the gear changes in auto and makes one hell of a difference with the sound. I need to find a tunnel just to give it a blast with the windows down.
As for how it sticks to the road I find myself trying to wedge myself some how in the cockpit/ seat and hang on to the steering wheel as I seem to get thrown around (even as the driver).
I got the Matt Alu pack just because I wanted the extra bling, my old S3 was dolphin grey and was really under stated.

Jersey Paul,
I've been driving mine around for the past two months and have no issue with the 'ride' thinks its just right. As you said the 's' button really sharpens the gear changes in auto and makes one hell of a difference with the sound. I need to find a tunnel just to give it a blast with the windows down.
As for how it sticks to the road I find myself trying to wedge myself some how in the cockpit/ seat and hang on to the steering wheel as I seem to get thrown around (even as the driver).
I got the Matt Alu pack just because I wanted the extra bling, my old S3 was dolphin grey and was really under stated.
If you're getting thrown around, I'm gonna feel like I'm in a washing machine then!

Thanks for the comments.
yes I think removing the reg plate holder looks neater.
its just two screws and it lifts up and out.

Thanks for the comments.

Would this be the same on A3's? i'd like the smoother appearance if possible without having to buy a whole new grill.

Aww boo, ah well. I appreciate your reply. Totally envious of ya motor LOL

Thanks for the comments.

Nice car Paul, I'm also picking up my daytona grey RS3 in few weeks no extras it was a cancelled order but think the engine/gearbox and brakes will make up for the lack of toys....
I'm interested in the plate setup how is it mounted without the base plate on is it using sticky tape instead, any closer photos how it's fixed to the grille, so can speak to the dealer.

Cheers

What a beautiful RS3, Paul! Love everything about it, so glad you're enjoying it. Stunning!!! :wub: xx

Nice car Paul, I'm also picking up my daytona grey RS3 in few weeks no extras it was a cancelled order but think the engine/gearbox and brakes will make up for the lack of toys....
I'm interested in the plate setup how is it mounted without the base plate on is it using sticky tape instead, any closer photos how it's fixed to the grille, so can speak to the dealer.

Cheers

Yes the plastic reg plate holder has two screws.
when they prepped the car they removed the holder and used the same screw holes to secure the plate.
You can just about see the screws.
10128995.jpg

Reactions: VAG_Club001