new rs3 ordered

ashley cliftron

Reaction score
just had my test drive and ordered my rs3 very impressed got to cancel my rs focus red edition i had ordered
car ready for 4th march in white coming from a 17 plate sq5 plus

What sort of delivery date did they quote you for a factory order?
My dealer didn't have any allocation and couldn't give me any solid date so I bought a stock car.
What did you prefer in the test drive to the Focus RS?

just had my test drive and ordered my rs3 very impressed got to cancel my rs focus red edition i had ordered
car ready for 4th march in white coming from a 17 plate sq5 plus
Welcome to audi-sport.net. Look forward to seeing pics of the car when you collect.

Welcome.....

You'll not be dis-appointed

At least you'll not have to worry about head gasket failure then......:friends:

Reactions: DW81 and Callum66
You did the same as me mate, I cancelled my Focus RS Edition order the moment I stepped out of the RS3 tester.

Welcome!

I’m guessing you’ll recognise my username from the RS Owners Forum :thumbs up:

Nice choice mate... as nice as the RS is and I had loads of fun with mine, how much more quality does the RS3 feel! Mines only a few weeks away now too :racer: I bet you can’t wait

Reactions: JamesCrs3, Joe4842 and Callump01
Nice one dude! Ordered mine Saturday too, got to wait until late May for collection though…

I was told May, mine was a factory order in November. Was yours a factory order?

Nice one dude! Ordered mine Saturday too, got to wait until late May for collection though…

I was told May, mine was a factory order in November. Was yours a factory order?
Yeah, not had a build date though… Not sure I can wait longer than May, haha.

Reactions: Dodgygtr
Yeah, not had a build date though… Not sure I can wait longer than May, haha.
I know the feeling, this is the longest I’ve ever waited for a car.
Problem now is I’m starting to order parts for it lol.
New wheels should be ordered this week, then start ordering stage2/3 parts plus maybe some carbon.

Nice work!

Always admired the RS and I know they get really good reviews, I think the RS3 is just a massive step up in terms of quality and prestige.

Reactions: Phil3
Waiting til May... pffft... that’s nothing! I waiting well over a year for the new Focus RS and it was one of the very first in the UK...

...just a shame their engines were made of chocolate, and poor chocolate at that :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Jason^, BottomFeeder and FBF01
You did the same as me mate, I cancelled my Focus RS Edition order the moment I stepped out of the RS3 tester.

Welcome!
Im a mk3 RS owner and the only reason I could see someone buying an RS edition (red) would be to keep it as a garage queen as undoubtedly they will hold value like the old RS500 has done (due to limited numbers) My RS would be left for dead by a RS3 I know that for sure, but at 19 im enjoying the power and the fun of what it is capable of on B roads. its going for fpm 375 shortly which will hopefully liven it up a little bit more for me.

I defo want an RS3 but I think the maintenance costs would be too much for me at the moment, but hey maybe in a year or two!

Reactions: FBF01
I also came from an RS, loads of fun but as said, the RS3 is a huge step up in terms of quality and this 5 cylinder potential is unreal.

Reactions: Joe4842
Im a mk3 RS owner and the only reason I could see someone buying an RS edition (red) would be to keep it as a garage queen as undoubtedly they will hold value like the old RS500 has done (due to limited numbers) My RS would be left for dead by a RS3 I know that for sure, but at 19 im enjoying the power and the fun of what it is capable of on B roads. its going for fpm 375 shortly which will hopefully liven it up a little bit more for me.

I defo want an RS3 but I think the maintenance costs would be too much for me at the moment, but hey maybe in a year or two!

****** hell you have nicked audinutta’s crown as the youngest RS3 owner, enjoy

Doh just read your post again thought you was getting one then. The insurance for you must be insane.

I know the feeling, this is the longest I’ve ever waited for a car.
Problem now is I’m starting to order parts for it lol.
New wheels should be ordered this week, then start ordering stage2/3 parts plus maybe some carbon.
Haha, slippery slope that!

Anyone know how long it takes from order at the showroom to build date?

...My RS would be left for dead by a RS3 I know that for sure, but at 19 im enjoying the power and the fun of what it is capable of on B roads. its going for fpm 375 shortly which will hopefully liven it up a little bit more for me...

FPM375 will be a good jump from standard mate... more that you’d think looking at the numbers! Before selling my RS it was running M400 and was a total different beast altogether

No doubt they'll hold value, but I'm not sure if it'll be to the extent of the RS500 as there are far more Edition's being made worldwide. The RS is a truly ****** brilliant car though!

Doh just read your post again thought you was getting one then. The insurance for you must be insane.

How olds is audinutta? I'm 21 and want that crown! :wink new:

Skip to 7.38 and listen to the sounds of the S3, Golf R, I think its a Honda and MX5 and then along comes the RS3 sounding like a racing car and popping away. It sounds so good!

TRUST ME THE 5 CYLINDER IS SOMETHING ELSE THE WARBLE

The FL sounds great it really does. I was behind a evil diesels one a few weeks back at a meet we went to and sounded great especially the dartford tunnel run.
The only time I didn’t hear it was when mine (PFL) was popping banging cracking on the overruns and downshifting :tearsofjoy:
Tony we lit that tunnel up mate:boom::boom:

Reactions: Evil Diesel and RSTHRILLER
No doubt they'll hold value, but I'm not sure if it'll be to the extent of the RS500 as there are far more Edition's being made worldwide. The RS is a truly ****** brilliant car though!

How olds is audinutta? I'm 21 and want that crown! :wink new:

I am currently 20 :) Sorry Callum, crown is still mine ;)

Afaik he is 19!

TX.

Got to be older than that. @AudiNutta has been terrorising this forum for years! :footy:

I’m 21 in May, so it’s right I got it at 20. Got into the S3 at 19, A3 at 18.

I’ve been on the forum 10 knocking on for 11 years now I believe.

Reactions: RSTHRILLER, Joe4842 and Callump01
The FL sounds great it really does. I was behind a evil diesels one a few weeks back at a meet we went to and sounded great especially the dartford tunnel run.
The only time I didn’t hear it was when mine (PFL) was popping banging cracking on the overruns and downshifting :tearsofjoy:
Tony we lit that tunnel up mate:boom::boom:
Imagine if we had the 6 or 7 there too! Mind you, it was ******* loud with the 2 of us. Total laugh that was!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DW81
I also came from an RS, loads of fun but as said, the RS3 is a huge step up in terms of quality and this 5 cylinder potential is unreal.
its the quality and reliability....lots of focus rs owners reporting some minor stupid issue with usb ports not lining up in dash to engine failures, coolant leaks...decent car but quality is poor for this day and age. my mate cancelled his focus rs order and bought an m2

I am currently 20 :) Sorry Callum, crown is still mine ;)

I’m 21 in May, so it’s right I got it at 20. Got into the S3 at 19, A3 at 18.

I’ve been on the forum 10 knocking on for 11 years now I believe.
blimey, r8 next @ 22 maybe?

blimey, r8 next @ 22 maybe?

I wish, haha.. spent out now. I’d have an RS6 over an R8 anyway....

4 years paying off the RS3, get on the property ladder then and settle down. Idea is to keep the RS3, I’d rather have a 6-8 year old RS3 than a new ‘cheap’ car.

The only thing I aspire to in the Audi range now is a B8 RS4 which truly was the dream all along, but couldn’t be justified when compared against a brand new RS3 long term. I think once I’ve moved out and settled it will be a case of one new Audi, or I hope if I’m really lucky keep the RS3 (paid off) and pick up a V8 RS4 when they are £20k on the market.. that would be my lifetime perfect garage.

The new RS4 looks great, but I’ve got my doubts about the engine until I drive one. The RS6 is amazing, but what engine will that have next? I suspect that the RS range is going to downsize and get more subtle from now on, leaving the cars we currently own to be the prime and why I see myself in it for so long and purchasing the older generation rather than new. But who knows, in 5 years I could want a new age diesel A3 and be done with it ;)

Must hide this post from the girlfriend! I’ve been told no more nice cars, haha. I aspire to live a simple life, if I can have a holiday a year, have a nice house and change the car every 3/4 years I don’t think I could ask for a lot more. So, that’s my life plan.. sorry to bore you, haha.

For now it’s the RS3, living at home and 4 holidays abroad planned this year.. woohoo!

Reactions: FBF01 and Joe4842
Let’s be honest next is a Lamborghini so we can keep using VW finance!

the insurance on the focus RS is only 300 quid more than what it was for my ST200! I pay about 1550 a year for the RS!

Drove home from the dealer last night with the 375 kit installed, it definitely feels more aggressive now! should have been like this from factory, stock feels too safe/timid

Reactions: DW81

the only things that put me off the rs3 is what the maintenance costs are really, like how much do you guys pay for a service? or a set of discs and pads? I think the RS has been the right decision for now as other than the 20mpg average, it isn't that expensive to run. I would defo like an RS3 but come the time I want to change car its probs more sensible to buy a house and have the money for cars after that :) only time will tell!

4 years paying off the RS3, get on the property ladder then and settle down. Idea is to keep the RS3, I’d rather have a 6-8 year old RS3 than a new ‘cheap’ car.

The only thing I aspire to in the Audi range now is a B8 RS4 which truly was the dream all along, but couldn’t be justified when compared against a brand new RS3 long term. I think once I’ve moved out and settled it will be a case of one new Audi, or I hope if I’m really lucky keep the RS3 (paid off) and pick up a V8 RS4 when they are £20k on the market.. that would be my lifetime perfect garage.

The new RS4 looks great, but I’ve got my doubts about the engine until I drive one. The RS6 is amazing, but what engine will that have next? I suspect that the RS range is going to downsize and get more subtle from now on, leaving the cars we currently own to be the prime and why I see myself in it for so long and purchasing the older generation rather than new. But who knows, in 5 years I could want a new age diesel A3 and be done with it ;)

Must hide this post from the girlfriend! I’ve been told no more nice cars, haha. I aspire to live a simple life, if I can have a holiday a year, have a nice house and change the car every 3/4 years I don’t think I could ask for a lot more. So, that’s my life plan.. sorry to bore you, haha.

For now it’s the RS3, living at home and 4 holidays abroad planned this year.. woohoo!

Lol amazed your family aren’t putting their foot down ha, my old man would never have let me get that motor at that age. I’m 32 and he thinks I don’t need it and it’s too quick.

Enjoy living at home whilst you can! Costs are stupid when you move out and buy somewhere.

Enjoy living at home whilst you can! Costs are stupid when you move out and buy somewhere.

Exactly this :seenoevil: bills after bills after bills :flushed:

Reactions: zaka7 and Joe4842
Lol amazed your family aren’t putting their foot down ha, my old man would never have let me get that motor at that age. I’m 32 and he thinks I don’t need it and it’s too quick.

They would rather me not have a fast car, but I don’t spent any money on drink etc.. so they are happy it’s going into a car in that aspect.

Reactions: Joe4842 and FBF01
A moment of silence please as the rs6 c7 is on its way out ................... BUT WHAT A WAY TO LEAVE NOGARO BLUE EDITION 705HP EAT THAT E63 M5 HA HA THIS IS THE OLD RS6 FINAL EDITION AND HAS MORE POWER THAN BOTH OF THEM

Audi are doing a run out Nogaro edition of the RS6. 700ps! Bonkers.