New RS3 Owner from Canada

JackQuint

Reaction score
I did make a hello post in the RS3 photos thread, but thought I should probably do one here as well. Picked up a 2018 Suzuka Grey RS3 about five weeks ago (new car, never titled, 100km on the odo).

We were looking to replace my wife's old A3 Sportback and she was looking at Q3s (one was blue the other was green). As she went back and forth between the two, she noticed the RS3 on the showroom floor. She loved it and thought I should buy it ... who am I to argue?

It replaces a BMW M235i xDrive (my second straight bimmer). When I bought the M235i I was originally debating between a Q50 and an S3. The Q50 test drive was really disappointing (although I didn't try a Red Sport) and the S3 didn't do much for me. It felt like an FWD vehicle and that couldn't compare to the E90 I was moving on from. On the way home from the Audi dealership, I stopped in at my BMW dealer, took an M235i for a test on impulse, and felt it was infinitely better than the S3. That said, never loved the car and my wife didn't like it much.

Now ... she has a new Q3 and I have a new RS3. Finally, nice to have Android Auto (BMW can go f*** themselves on their refusal to support Android), but miss power seats, better rear camera, and iDrive shortcuts (MMI would be so much better with the ability to set shortcuts to functions) and the ability to send destinations from my phone or PC to the car.

The only thing I've done so far to the car is install my dashcam and a backup battery for it the Blendmount from the M235i fits the Audi mirror quite well) and put on winter wheels and tires (18" Neuspeed RSe10s in Hyper Black with Alpin PA4s).

Don't have great pics yet of the car because it's been raining a lot since I picked it up, but here's the car at least. First one is from dealer pickup, second is with the RSe10s:

Reactions: V6_Man, Sandra and springer
Hi Jack, welcome to audi-sport.net. Love your new car. Hope you enjoy it.