New RS3 questions?

elton121272

Reaction score
Apologies for he randomness - took delivery of my new 8V on NY eve and enjoying her very much....still miss my MTM 8P and her buckets a little bit once my new babe is run in I'm sure all will be forgotten.

Anyway I don't know too much about GAP insurance other than I need it - any suggestion on best price vs best cover?

Also I'm up in sunny Glasgow so looking to get her detailed with the Gtechniq stuff on bodywork, glass and wheels inside and out - What sort of price should I expect to pay? Already got a local pro detailer but curious as to rates?

Will get some pics along with spec up soon....

cheers

Some people got GAP for free allegedly! Mine cost £300 for 3 years although Audi started the negotiations at £600!

TX.

Reactions: cpc_s3
Speak to Chris Knott insurance for GAP insurance. Way cheaper than Audi :)

i used ala on my 8P, 25k 4 years return to invoice for £220

For the detail there are a lot of Gtechniq products that he could use. This would determine the price.

I got 4 years gap from Audi for £249.00 they started at £469.00

Hi,
Just to let you know that we offer a product call Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP product we feel that for some clients it can make a cost effective alternative. If you'd like any further information then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

I got gap for free. Not something i wanted and it was only given after i refused all other insurance. I'd guess the guy was on a sales target for insurance and gap was the cheapest. Not something i'd ever buy from a dealer, there are a whole lot better deals elsewhere.

Gap... Warranty Direct £185... First year covered by car insurance so years 2/3 only.. Bargain.

Apologies for he randomness - took delivery of my new 8V on NY eve and enjoying her very much....still miss my MTM 8P and her buckets a little bit once my new babe is run in I'm sure all will be forgotten.

Anyway I don't know too much about GAP insurance other than I need it - any suggestion on best price vs best cover?

Also I'm up in sunny Glasgow so looking to get her detailed with the Gtechniq stuff on bodywork, glass and wheels inside and out - What sort of price should I expect to pay? Already got a local pro detailer but curious as to rates?

Will get some pics along with spec up soon....

cheers

i was paid out by these guys in the past and have always used them since, no troubles and quick payment.

http://www.mapfreabraxas.co.uk/

Thanks - just out of interest what level of cover do you guys recommend for 3 year cover - does £20k cover a £47k car?

Thanks

On the ALA website it reckons £30,000 and a 3 year quote is £234, they're running a 5% off at the moment with a discount code as well

Is this a 3 year quote that runs concurrently after the initial first 12 months - in other words 48 months in total ?

I would have though £20K would more than make up for the diff between market value and outstanding ?

No it's 3 years from the day you buy the car, I was looking at a return to invoice, not car replacement

Reactions: Spin140
I was told £25k to be safe.

Thanks for the replies gents.

I assume the £25k is the cover required for year 3 when potentially a £47k car new may only have a value of circa £20-25k depending on mileageetc and of course market value?

Thanks for the replies gents.

I assume the £25k is the cover required for year 3 when potentially a £47k car new may only have a value of circa £20-25k depending on mileageetc and of course market value?

The £25k is the 'Gap' between insurance pay off and replacement value.

New - £50k with extras

End of 3 years value ?? £25-27k

Gap - circa £25k max

My insurer covers first year new replacement for total right off. LV.

Warranty Direct with provide years 2/3 cover but you have to buy up front at or near purchase date.

Went with ALA - return to invoice plus... 3 yrs @ £25k for £196.20 with TP10 code. Not bad I thought.

gap123 I think for me

Policy type: Combined Vehicle Replacement
Length of cover: 3 years

£179